Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Spends no more than other managers now he's in the PL.

Of the others outside the big 7 in the league, only two teams have spent more since they got promoted. They've got a net spend almost identical to us, and we've won the league and had champions league football.

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

While in the football league I know Wilson was £3mill but not sure about other spendings.

When they got promoted they made the largest loss in the league by a considerable distance. £39m!!, their wages to turnover was 237%, which is absolutely ridiculous.

5aabb9ffaae50_2BournemouthProfitLeague2015.jpg.20ede3b4798bbc8bf119ac0dd738d096.jpg

They made a £15m loss in league one as well, hey've been bankrolled far beyond their means for years and outspent most of their rivals.

You still have to do a good job, but if anyone thinks this is small club done good, then they are wrong. Them and say, Burnley aren't even comparable.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

The season isn't finished yet so you can't say they're not either. 

But the point stands that on a domestic level, they're going to be breaking some records this season so if some people feel they're the best club side we've seen in England they have plenty of support for their argument.

yeah, fair enough.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You do know the missing games will be played in later game week don't you, so you'll double up then. Perfect week to treble your captain if he's playing twice.

I was kinda in a hurry and didn't give it much thought sadly. But i still have my bench boost,TC and wild card so i will try to use them the best i can.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

When you see those goalkeeper options that you have to pick from.....

QLR3J_s-200x150.gif

lol to be fair Losl has been an absolute beast for me points wise! Got him in this weekend. 

I agree with the fox. Man city are overhyped and it seems it's the same on FT. They are easily the best team in the PL but that's because all the teams in the PL have serious flaws at the moment - for the top teams they are mostly defensive flaws. Man city will win the PL, they may win the CL, but they need to in order to prove how good they are because even the Spanish teams in the CL are in a trough year, this season. Failure to win the CL will show that Man City are only a very good team and not quite the "greatest of all time" which even some FTers are so laughably saying.

33 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You do know the missing games will be played in later game week don't you, so you'll double up then. Perfect week to treble your captain if he's playing twice.

It'll be called a seperate game week though... so it is the perfect time to use your free hit. 

Or have I completely missed something?

Just now, AjcW said:

It'll be called a seperate game week though... so it is the perfect time to use your free hit. 

Or have I completely missed something?

When Spurs played West Ham on that Thursday near new year because of the tubes on new years day being on reduced service, it was lumped in with the games played that following weekend and you doubled up on spurs and West ham players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the fox said:

My point is, they are a very good team but people are acting like they are the best team in the world and the season isn't even finished yet.

You’ve clearly stated “they are not that impressive” and are starting to backtrack.

You must have learned, if you’ve elaborated an outlandish argument and painted yourself into a corner, the FT thing to do is double down on it.  Then not return to the topic after it blows up on you, until you think everybody forgot.  This board that never forgets.

That way you leave yourself the option of insufferable bragging in case it proves out.  Just look at how well this all worked for Donald Trump !

Anyway, the PL season is finished at the top.  Man City have utterly outclassed the field and are having a victory lap.  IMO their chances in the CL (and the matches themselves) ought to be discussed in that thread.  I think a final between Barca and Man City would be the most watched club match of all time.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Anyone know what he was going on about - seemed obsessed by the word 'heritage' 

Think he's trying to put out different messages to agents, his own players and Guardiola in a few ways.

The heritage bit is complete rubbish though, something about because he won at Porto and Inter he is some supreme heritagical god of Champs League while ManC's players in particular have no heritage because theyve been at their club longer than two years and had a couple of below par(in their terms) seasons recently.

10 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Think he's trying to put out different messages to agents, his own players and Guardiola in a few ways.

The heritage bit is complete rubbish though, something about because he won at Porto and Inter he is some supreme heritagical god of Champs League while ManC's players in particular have no heritage because theyve been at their club longer than two years and had a couple of below par(in their terms) seasons recently.

He always seems to bring everything back to his favourite subject - himself. Even after they lost to seville all he went on about was the times he beat man utd when he was Porto and real madrid manager. Talk about massive ego. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

He always seems to bring everything back to his favourite subject - himself. Even after they lost to seville all he went on about was the times he beat man utd when he was Porto and real madrid manager. Talk about massive ego. 

He is one odd human being.

Loves to dish out vicious insults to others (e.g Conte, Wenger, various refs) but goes on a ridiculously long self-serving egotistical rant when the slightest criticism gets hurled in his direction.

What a tosser.

• Like 2

Can't work out what Mourinho's aim of that 12 minute rant is. Like Pearson I view him as someone smart enough to use those moments with the press to take the pressure off the players, so my only thought is that he is trying to create a siege mentality within his squad before a push for a title next year - but for me that will not happen unless he changes the way they play. They lack width or any forward penetration to be in with a serious chance of winning the league

Mourinho is a classic narcissist. A bit like Wenger he’s got worse as a manager over the years which I think is down to his self obsession. His best teams were when he was most hungry with Chelsea and Inter. He just can’t bare to face up to his own mistakes and always deflects criticism. Had he apologised for the Sevilla defeat and promised to be more attacking then the result would have been disappointing but accepted. He’s just digging his own grave right now by being his own worst enemy. 

Fun to watch this happen as a neutral though!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Anyone know what he was going on about - seemed obsessed by the word 'heritage' 

4 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

4 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

3 hours ago, Hammo said:

He is one odd human being.

Loves to dish out vicious insults to others (e.g Conte, Wenger, various refs) but goes on a ridiculously long self-serving egotistical rant when the slightest criticism gets hurled in his direction.

What a tosser.

2 hours ago, Sammy said:

Can't work out what Mourinho's aim of that 12 minute rant is. Like Pearson I view him as someone smart enough to use those moments with the press to take the pressure off the players, so my only thought is that he is trying to create a siege mentality within his squad before a push for a title next year - but for me that will not happen unless he changes the way they play. They lack width or any forward penetration to be in with a serious chance of winning the league

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Mourinho is a classic narcissist. A bit like Wenger he’s got worse as a manager over the years which I think is down to his self obsession. His best teams were when he was most hungry with Chelsea and Inter. He just can’t bare to face up to his own mistakes and always deflects criticism. Had he apologised for the Sevilla defeat and promised to be more attacking then the result would have been disappointing but accepted. He’s just digging his own grave right now by being his own worst enemy. 

Fun to watch this happen as a neutral though!

He was comparing...

Too many,Rant over Manutd high heritage and Tradition.pointing Out  over the Last years,

Their League positions,and Trophäe compared,with top Teams in Europe,doesnt Stack up.

Plus the expectations do not Warrant,at the Moment,that they should be Higher than MCs.

Explaining how Long,His and Manutd opponents have,in the Last years an " Heritage"  of

a BBone of high quality Players,that have been a Long Time 5-6yrs even 10yrs are now

seeing and Helping their Teams,reap the benifits of Trophies and at least continuous

Top 2-3 placing,where Manutd despite the odd success,haven't "Held' that  Heritage

of continuity, Like their competitive greater opponents/peers.

Just saying their Heritage/Traditions,are not so high has Others.

Plus at the Moment,Manutd in England PL haven't been that good as their Pl competitors.

He inturn, saying He isnt phased,No Matter what the criticism and expectations are,

because He still needs,Like the early Ferguson,time to rebuild and get some seasons,

of togetherness in the feet and mind of the Players,hoping the majority if Not all can

Come Out of it,the right and quality Side,that will produce an high quality long era

Creating  and therefore Helping  to reach that Higher Level of " heritage and Tradition".

• Like 1

I like mourinho. He's not your media friendly, fake manager and honestly a breath of fresh air. He talks a big game but he rattles coaches. He absolutely murdered Conte this season when he went on and on about how childish it is to have a verbul fight with conte for 10-15 minutes and he said that he is sorry just to merk him in the end with the "at least i wasn't accused of match fixing" line lol

Nothing better watching a jose team managing a 1-0 win with 30-something% possession, less than 250 passes and 2 shots against that overhyped baldy and the pashon merchant at pool

Edited by the fox
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, the fox said:

Nothing better watching a jose team managing a 1-0 win with 30-something% possession, less than 250 passes and 2 shots against that overhyped baldy and the pashon merchant at pool

If you feel that way, you're clearly on the wrong forum.