Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Dare I say 6 pointers? lol 

sure we'll have a big say in it too considering we're still to play West Ham, Crystal Palace, Brighton, Newcastle and Southampton as well

4 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

You'd have loved Cloughie. There are a few recordings of him forthrightly telling it how he thought it was. He was immensely self-assured (some said arrogant) and aware of what motivated players. Hated the FA - and offended them enough to prevent himself getting the post of England Manager. God knows how his wife stood him!

An old friend of mine was a player at Forest in the 80s and good friends with Nigel. Cloughie's choice of language directed at Walker, Fairclough and Anderson on occasions was not from the sound of it what I'd call motivational. Thankfully, the game has long expunged and eradicated this from the English dressing rooms.  

Salah is going to get the golden boot with about 40 goals. He doesn't play as the main striker, he doesn't play for the club that will win the league. Unreal.

16 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Ok. We live in an age of hyperbole. - the great managers, including Joe Mercer, Shankly and Busby, very rarely talked publicly. They saw their job as establishing excellence and fulfilling their supporters hopes. I don't think I ever heard Matt Gillies or Jimmy Bloomfield even speak! You'd have loved Cloughie. There are a few recordings of him forthrightly telling it how he thought it was. He was immensely self-assured (some said arrogant) and aware of what motivated players. Hated the FA - and offended them enough to prevent himself getting the post of England Manager. God knows how his wife stood him!

But he loved the odd QPR fan lollol 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Salah is going to get the golden boot with about 40 goals. He doesn't play as the main striker, he doesn't play for the club that will win the league. Unreal.

He is showing qualities that put him up there with messi and Ronaldo in my view unreal 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Considering there were 5 games this weekend That’s pretty much everyone I know having their record fantasy football points week! What A Player!! 

I feel like its not noted enough how often Mourinho wastes talented players... Salah being one fine example! Every time he used to come in as a sub I thought he looked lively, even if he was forced to stick to the left wing. 

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Considering there were 5 games this weekend That’s pretty much everyone I know having their record fantasy football points week! What A Player!! 

I feel like its not noted enough how often Mourinho wastes talented players... Salah being one fine example! Every time he used to come in as a sub I thought he looked lively, even if he was forced to stick to the left wing. 

I’ve got 70 points and 3 players have played lol 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

At the same time though with who Chelsea had, who would you replace? Would Salah be the player he is now if he hadn't gone out and played the football he has? 

47 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Phenomenal Salah. One of the best individual performances I've ever seen.

it was only Watford...

33 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I used my Free Hit and I think I got the most points in a gameweek this season lol