Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Everton look well under-prepared. I'd say Ruzomberok have edged this.

Everton have sold one of the league's best centre forwards and not replaced him yet they aren't being banded about as big shots for this season because of a new centre half and couple midfielders. Even with siggy, they still need to spend 40m on a front man and I'm not sure their budget will stretch to both.  Going to be tough to maximise Barkley's fee to help with this problem as he enters his final year. 

• Like 1

In fairness to Everton their whole squad will be short of match fitness. West Ham have exited the competition early before for the same reason. 

They may also struggle badly come from the end of the season if they do progress in Europe. We should watch them and learn as if we qualify for the Europa we will experience the same problems. 

I do agree with other posters on Everton not replacing Lukaku properly, but that was always going to be a tough ask. It will be interesting to see how they do this year because though they've spent a lot, only Keane has stood out as a great signing. I expected him to go to a top 4 club so they've done well there. Everyone else is fairly average. 

Spoken to a Newcastle fan who has told me they have somehow managed to bend the new rules of away fans having to be in the bottom tier this season because of 'safety concerns'

Bit of a joke that they can do that with no apparent punishment and also a massive shame, love Newcastle away as a day but the away end is always rubbish and the prospect of a corner/behind the goal had got me all excited this year.

I don't like the journey to Newcastle but once I'm there it's good. I don't mind the away end - apart from the massive climb - as it's a decent view in terms of seeing everything. Our 0-3 win there the season before last was absolutely quality, everybody dancing around the front bit.

Just now, Fox92 said:

I don't like the journey to Newcastle but once I'm there it's good. I don't mind the away end - apart from the massive climb - as it's a decent view in terms of seeing everything. Our 0-3 win there the season before last was absolutely quality, everybody dancing around the front bit.

The 3-0 was, IMO, the best away day that season.

Ripped them apart, could have been about 9 and Vardy got his goal but the best bit about it was being in a bar after the game watching Liverpool beat Man City which meant we were overnight Table Toppers for the first time.

SKY showed the league table once that game had finished and the bar exploded as hidden Leicester fans popped up out of nowhere. It was superb.

• Like 2

He's one of those players that thinks he deserves more than he gives to his club.

The self-pity he displays can be embarrassing and this doesn't really help his need in trying to move from Arsenal.

3 minutes ago, Danizen said:

No idea why he wants to leave Arsenal. He's currently playing for the only club in the world that will not only accept that kind of behaviour but encourage it. 

To quote my wife: "It twue, it so twue..." ;)

13 hours ago, Danizen said:

No idea why he wants to leave Arsenal. He's currently playing for the only club in the world that will not only accept that kind of behaviour but encourage it. 

I dunno mate, we're not whiter than white in that regard. Leo publicly says he'll never play for the club again and is then promoted back into the first team set-up. That's got to be on a par with anything Alexis has done.

30 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I dunno mate, we're not whiter than white in that regard. Leo publicly says he'll never play for the club again and is then promoted back into the first team set-up. That's got to be on a par with anything Alexis has done.

Not even close. You could understand Ulloa's frustration and backtracking from a daft comment said in the heat of the moment.

3 minutes ago, shen said:

Not even close. You could understand Ulloa's frustration and backtracking from a daft comment said in the heat of the moment.

Especially seeing as Claudio treated him like shit and all he wanted was a move away to get regular football. 

Sanchez is just a pathetic little man-child bitch in general.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, shen said:

With all due respect Shen, I disagree with you completely. He hasn't backtracked at any point has he? 

He wanted a move away because the manager at the time didn't have plans for him and he also stopped him from moving. Shakey clearly has him in his plans and therefore he is happy to continue playing and being part of the squad. 

I can't quite see what people don't seem to be able to grasp about the concept of the situation changing since he made that comment? 

2 minutes ago, shen said:

Well he's playing, isn't he?

Which proves absolutely nothing. Hasn't ever publicly apologised or back-tracked to the best of my knowledge. I was just making the point that it's not just Arsenal players who act like twats and get away with it. If you disagree then good for you.

Just now, Paddy. said:

Which proves absolutely nothing. Hasn't ever publicly apologised or back-tracked to the best of my knowledge. I was just making the point that it's not just Arsenal players who act like twats and get away with it. If you disagree then good for you.

Not everything has to be done publicly. If Ulloa was to be believed, a promise was broken which gave him every right to get angry. Have they apologized publicly? Prior to that, you didn't ever hear or see Ulloa sulk unless I missed something.

But of course we have twats at our club too. Our history is riddled with them! Plenty of twats in the world in general. Alexis is just a spoilt cry baby which grates a little bit more :kingy:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, shen said:

Not everything has to be done publicly. If Ulloa was to be believed, a promise was broken which gave him every right to get angry. Have they apologized publicly? Prior to that, you didn't ever hear or see Ulloa sulk unless I missed something.

But of course we have twats at our club too. Our history is riddled with them! Plenty of twats in the world in general. Alexis is just a spoilt cry baby which grates a little bit more :kingy:

Fair point, it may have been resolved internally. I just think if you make such a strong statement (re refusing to play) in public then it makes sense to perhaps apologise or at least show some contrition in public too - especially from Leo's point of view whereby he really damaged his reputation in the eyes of many fans. I get that promises were broken but my personal opinion is that a professional footballer should never refuse to play for his club under any circumstances.

You're right to say Alexis is more of a diva than just about any player in the Prem but I just thought the original comment about Arsenal being the only club to allow / encourage this was a bit inaccurate.....as much as I really hate Arsenal.

• Like 2

Man United are going to be so hard to beat this coming Season.

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Lindeolf(sp?) Shaw
Herrea Matic*
Lingaard Pogba Martial/Rashford
Lukaku

*They're close to getting Matic.

Edited by Ashley