Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Hello LCFC fans! :scarf:

Brighton fan here, looking forward to the fixtures coming out in June and can start making arrangements for next season. 

How do you all think you'll fair next season? must have been extremely frustrated this season, after the miracle you achieved the season before.

Hopefully get to see Leo Ulloa at the amex, he was a bit of a fan favourite down here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ulloa1901 said:

Brighton fan here, looking forward to the fixtures coming out in June and can start making arrangements for next season. 

How do you all think you'll fair next season? must have been extremely frustrated this season, after the miracle you achieved the season before.

Hopefully get to see Leo Ulloa at the amex, he was a bit of a fan favourite down here. 

Anywhere between 7th & 20th. All depends on the summer recruitment and holding onto key players along with how big Craig does. 

Silva to be our new manager?

Hopefully his last 3 games were a blip!

Win win in a way for him - do well with us and that will enhance his reputation or get sacked for not doing what the Pozzos expect but no-one will blame him..

I just hope we can be a bit more positive and easier on the eye...and stay up ofcourse!

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Silva to be our new manager?

Hopefully his last 3 games were a blip!

Win win in a way for him - do well with us and that will enhance his reputation or get sacked for not doing what the Pozzos expect but no-one will blame him..

I just hope we can be a bit more positive and easier on the eye...and stay up ofcourse!

Thought he was going to Porto?

2 hours ago, Ulloa1901 said:

The teams between 8th and 14th are so interchangeable so it's difficult to predict. We're aiming for a Europa League finish or at the very least a top 10 finish, assuming we address the blatant holes in our squad.

Looking forward to seeing Tony Knockaert play in the PL. He deserves a proper crack at this level. As does Chris Hughton.

Edited by Koke

18 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Thought he was going to Porto?

That broke down...hopefully not over wages as I don't think we will offer as much as Palace or Saints would.

Knowing us he will probably do ok here then leave to join Porto or someone like that!

3 hours ago, Ulloa1901 said:

Can't wait for Brighton away!

Riyad, Riyad Riyad, Riyad Riyad, Riyad Riyad Mahrez! Tony, Tony Tony, Tony Tony, Tony Tony Knockaert! :scarf:

3 hours ago, Ulloa1901 said:

Also your new home kit is terrible! Three different shades of blue? How well is it received down their? Does it not matter so long as it has premier league badges on?

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Very good signing. He's an upgrade even if it is what they've already got in that area.

Get that defence sorted and they can win it.

Is he gonna start ahead of D Silva, Sane or De Bruyne? I like him as a player but I think the others are better 

1 minute ago, Wookie said:

Is he gonna start ahead of D Silva, Sane or De Bruyne? I like him as a player but I think the others are better 

I reckon he'll probably start for them on the right. D.Silva is getting on a bit now.

Wonder if this move prompts Monaco to move for Mahrez, if the interest is real.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

I reckon he'll probably start for them on the right. D.Silva is getting on a bit now.

Wonder if this move prompts Monaco to move for Mahrez, if the interest is real.

Long term it's a brilliant signing but David Silva is still absolutely brilliant, they rotate quite a lot anyway so he'll definitely play. Man City's squad is sooo top heavy now though, Cauchy and Zabaleta are leaving, Kolarov's shit nowadays and Otamendi and Stones aren't a good enough pairing. I still fancy them or Chelsea for the league next season though.

4 hours ago, Ulloa1901 said:

Welcome to the premier league!

We're ideally aiming for a Europa league spot, playing in Europe and going to away games in different countries is just amazing, it's turned a poor season for us into an enjoyable one just for our champions league run tbh

Unfortunately I think the only way you're going to see Leo play is if you or somebody else buys him off us. He fell out with Claudio last season and refused to play for him, and since Claudio left he's only got on the pitch a couple of times

Edited by MrSpaM

13 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Jesus

Sane                                                Silva 

D.Silva                    KDB

Fernadinho

4-3-3.

Stering drops to the bench. He played RM for Monaco. 

Edited by AmarteyAndChill
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Jesus

Sane                                                Silva 

D.Silva                    KDB

Fernadinho

4-3-3.

Stering drops to the bench. He played RM for Monaco. 

They also have Gundogan. They are gonna be up there next season if they can be consistent!

9 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Wow, if they don't win the league next season & at least get to the semi final of the champions league it's embarrassing. 

Man City are way more than 3 players off winning the league, or getting to the SF CL!

Like a whole new defence and keeper away for a start.

They're doing their business early though, i'll give them that, maybe we should take note.

Edited by Matt

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Man City are way more than 3 players off winning the league, or getting to the SF CL!

Like a whole new defence and keeper away for a start.

They're doing their business early though, i'll give them that, maybe we should take note.

Whole? They spent £50m on John stones and look dead certain to get Kyle walker & Benjamin Mendy. Just keeping Kompany fit now.

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

Whole? They spent £50m on John stones and look dead certain to get Kyle walker & Benjamin Mendy. Just keeping Kompany fit now.

Exactly. Pants down springs to mind.

• Like 2

man city need to sign like 3 new fullbacks, a cb & gk.

this is probably an unpopular opinion, but walkers more reliant on his physical attributes than technical ability.

at barca and bayern pep had alves & lahm to rely on. walker's end product isn't as consistent & pep's system requires consistency in the final third imo.