Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Huddersfield, yesterday, reminded me of us during our league triumph - all players were hungry, wanted to attack but protected their goal very well.

They'll still probably struggle over the course of the season, but they seem refreshing to watch.

Can't imagine West Ham going down really, would be a massive embarrassment for the club - after the London Stadium acquisition fiasco, in particular...

I can see Huddersfield having the same sort of season we had in the great escape one, will be in every game won't get heavily beaten and be able to get a few wins that will keep them up at the end 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

We gotta get 3 points next week. We are going to get spanked at Old Trafford.

Will we? I thought west ham made it to easy for them and in turn made United better then they really were 

20 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Will we? I thought west ham made it to easy for them and in turn made United better then they really were 

WH were shite but you can't deny that ManU have a genuine chance to challenge for the title. And if we'e a bit sloppy, they'll punish us dearly.

9 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

WH were shite but you can't deny that ManU have a genuine chance to challenge for the title. And if we'e a bit sloppy, they'll punish us dearly.

I don't see how that can be justified after just 1 league game

its just like writing off Chelsea after their game yesterday 

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I don't see how that can be justified after just 1 league game

its just like writing off Chelsea after their game yesterday 

I said title contender not title winner. It will be between MC, Spurs, MU and Chelsea. Arsenal and Liverpool have too much defense problems to hope playing a first role. It's impossible to not to see that MU looks like a very balanced team that can defend and attack. Their starting XI is quality, their bench as well. With Matic they seem to have found the missing link and their coach ain't a nobody. So, yeah...

2 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Nah, Huth is back, Iborra and DD will be fit, Nacho will have a bit more game time, Mahrez will have sorted his ideas and pull his fingers out of his arse and Shakey will have learnt from his mistakes. We'll still concede though, that's a given

2-2. Yes I'm that optimistic.

I'll be surprised if we get 2. I can see Man Utd conceding less than a goal a game at home this year. Could see us pinching one but not two. They're going to be very hard to beat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'll be surprised if we get 2. I can see Man Utd conceding less than a goal a game at home this year. Could see us pinching one but not two. They're going to be very hard to beat.

You're right and 3-1 defeat would be a more realistic result. I consider them as the most balanced team in the PL, at least on the paper. It's gonna be a tough challenge for Shakespeare. A blunder like against Arsenal and we'll pay it dearly.

5 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Don't see Spurs contending. They'll lose at least 5 at Wembley.

Don't bury them too fast, they have a fine team and the players know each other well. Their bench is the only problem as they're yet to make a significant buy.

27 minutes ago, Podgeyrogers said:

We aren't going to get anything away to the perceived top 6 this year. We just need to aim and hope that we sneak a few wins and draws at everyone else and base our season on being hard to beat at home. 

Why not? Burnley of all teams managed to beat Chelsea, and we were less than 10 mins away from victory at Arsenal. Obviously we have some things to sort out, but still think we can be a threat 

31 minutes ago, Podgeyrogers said:

We aren't going to get anything away to the perceived top 6 this year. We just need to aim and hope that we sneak a few wins and draws at everyone else and base our season on being hard to beat at home. 

We'll be hovering between 10-16th all season IMO. 

5 minutes ago, jaqo88 said:

Why not? Burnley of all teams managed to beat Chelsea, and we were less than 10 mins away from victory at Arsenal. Obviously we have some things to sort out, but still think we can be a threat 

They did but I believe they did primarily because the minds of the Chelsea players and manager were in a state of apathy because of the perception that they didn't have enough players brought in and Matic was potentially sold from under Conte's nose and without his approval, he has possibly made that clear behind closed doors etc.and become a bit of them and us syndrome between the team and the board.

It could all be bowlox of course but I suspect a point was being made, whether concsciously intended or not. The subs bench was a pointer too.

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

As much as I dislike that cretin of a player in the shape of Dele Alli, Jonjo Shelvey knew exactly what he was doing when he stomped on Alli's foot - and that right in front of the referee. No sympathy from me there! :D

World of brainless stupidity, agreed.

42 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I take it you haven't seen a lot of him then?

I've seen enough to know there is talent there, he was outstanding before his injury but not been able to string a substantial period of games together since, unfortunately the move to PSG hasn't  paid off and he's even less likely to get a place now they have also signed Neymar Jr

i will be watching with interest how he gets on when he joins Stoke 

11 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

You're right and 3-1 defeat would be a more realistic result. I consider them as the most balanced team in the PL, at least on the paper. It's gonna be a tough challenge for Shakespeare. A blunder like against Arsenal and we'll pay it dearly.

The Champions League may take its toll on ManU later in the season, but they look fresh as present. It is going to be a tough away game for our leaky defence, hopefully Iborra will play.