Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Guest seanfox778
12 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Stoke are signing Jese Rodriguez on loan, what a signing that would be 

Did he score against us in that Real Madrid friendly a few years back?

Transfer window to close before season starts?

According to this link it would only be a transfer from one Prem club to another that is stopped early.

We seem to be against the idea - maybe because unlike a lot of clubs we do business after the season starts both in terms of In and out due to the numbers we have !

What do you guys think?

Edited by Super_horns

40 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The BBC have selected this goal as the most beautiful in its 25-year history, based on more than 30% of votes:

Stopped voting after Nalis' wasn't the option fir the 2003/04 season. I haven't seen many better volleys in my life, yet apparently Hamann's was better than his (it wasn't).

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

According to this link it would only be a transfer from one Prem club to another that is stopped early.

We seem to be against the idea - maybe because unlike a lot of clubs we do business after the season starts both in terms of In and out due to the numbers we have !

What do you guys think?

Would be good news.

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

What do you guys think?

I like it. The only problem I see is say Barcelona came in for Mahrez now we wouldn't be able to sign his replacement until January

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

What do you guys think?

Sounds like it's only doing half the job. 

While there at it put a stop to clubs buying players and then loaning them out to other PL clubs in fact stop all inter-PL loans.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

What do you guys think?

The transfer window as a whole should be scrapped, it is crap and just leads to inflated transfer fees, panic buys, clubs stock piling players, unhappy players stuck at clubs for months, clubs being hampered by a string of injuries and unable to deal with it for months and worst of all Sky wanking over transfer deadline day.

Why did we not go for Mathian Jorgensen from Copanhagen, at Huddersfield now and has really impressed over there already apparently. Thought he was Copanhagens stand out player against us in both games and handled Vardy quite well.

12 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

Why did we not go for Mathian Jorgensen from Copanhagen, at Huddersfield now and has really impressed over there already apparently. Thought he was Copanhagens stand out player against us in both games and handled Vardy quite well.

Because we're stuck with aging defenders who won us the league and we're not ruthless enough to get rid of.

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Because we're stuck with aging defenders who won us the league and we're not ruthless enough to get rid of.

/ Gave them contracts much bigger than they're worth so nobody wants to touch them.

I find it mad that Benny is still at out club. He's clearly nowhere near good enough. Wes, despite his best efforts is on the wane and we'll have to see how Huth does coming back from injury.

37 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

24 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

correct.

I believe Morgan will be the oldest outfield player in Premier league/Football league history still playing centreback for us.

Edited by les-tah

Guest seanfox778
33 minutes ago, Spicer said:

Not the premiership, but Kramaric is starting for Hoffenheim against Liverpool in the Champions League qualifier.

I'm also watching, hope he gets a goal or two. Imagine the Liverpool meltdown if they go out over two legs. 

11 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

The BBC have selected this goal as the most beautiful in its 25-year history, based on more than 30% of votes:

Don't necessarily agree with the verdict, but it set me thinking that in the past two or three decades we've been blessed to see some beautiful football.