Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

15 minutes ago, davieG said:

Barry to WBA  from Everton 1 year deal.

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

Gradel could be off to Toulouse in a season long loan 

davieG premier league ITK. Any chance a bit of Leicester transfer news lollol 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sylofox said:

There isn't any.

I could always make some up like most of it is.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sylofox said:

LCFC Breaking Transfer News

Mahrez may or may not go to...........................

• Like 1

The transfer window as a whole should be scrapped, it is crap and just leads to inflated transfer fees, panic buys, clubs stock piling players, unhappy players stuck at clubs for months, clubs being hampered by a string of injuries and unable to deal with it for months and worst of all Sky wanking over transfer deadline day.
Doesn't that add to some of the drama and theatre? (Stock piling aside).

9 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Have a feeling Newcastle will go down.

Rafa will leave them around February time after Ashley refuses to invest in the January window & then they're Fuched.

I think Rafa will walk out during the season.

There was a good interview on Sky with Ashley at the weekend. Knows he doesn't fund enough but can't compete with clubs around them (I say 'around them' because, lets face it, Newcastle fans think they're massive when they're not).

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Newcastle are the biggest club outside the top 7, arguably the top 6. Dont know if that makes you a big club or just the biggest of the rest.

Villa are a bigger club in my opinion but club size is so arbitrary anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Newcastle are the biggest club outside the top 7, arguably the top 6. Dont know if that makes you a big club or just the biggest of the rest.

So subjective these days but I'd have Villa and Leeds down as bigger than Newcastle.

39 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Ashley is an ass. Newcastle fans absolutely hate him. 

I do recall some months back there was talk of new investors (Chinese) I think? 

Maybe so but he's done well for himself (though probably at other's expense) and seems the type that enjoys a good time out..:beer:

Surely it's only a matter of time until they get bought out and re-establish themselves.

Say what you want about the fans being fickle and having inflated egos but they've got a proven record of being able to sell out a 52k stadium on a weekly basis.

If they get mega money it's only going to get harder for the historically smaller clubs who don't have the fanbase or infrastructure that Newcastle do.

i think Ashley gets a rough ride when it comes to spending. Newcastle were one of the biggest spenders in the PL in the 2015-16 season but still got relegated. His problem seems to be that he (and his board) know nothing about football, evidenced by when he sacked fat Sam.