Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

General Election, June 8th

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Am I missing something, I can't see the issue with the first or the second.

Beat me to it.

You can see why the left in general is doing so badly when some of them consider deporting illegal immigrants racist.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Beat me to it.

You can see why the left in general is doing so badly when some of them consider deporting illegal immigrants racist.

Maybe it's the tone that's the problem. Should say 'In the UK illegally?' Come in for a chat.

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

Beat me to it.

I'm sure the billboard will really help sending Amir back to Turkey. If you want to reduce  illegal immigration don't cut the border force. That particular example was just a statement to their voters that they were "doing something about it."

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm sure the billboard will really help sending Amir back to Turkey. If you want to reduce  illegal immigration don't cut the border force. That particular example was just a statement to their voters that they were "doing something about it."

I don't think extra staff on the border force is going to help rounding up an Australian who has outstayed his visa.

Is anyone watching the Daily Politics? I had to look away when Andrew Gwynne was being interviewed, he must have the hardest job in politics having to defend all the spending promises coming from Corbyn and his team.

Andrew Neil even asked where the magic money tree was by the end of it lol

Well PMQ's were an absolute disaster for both the Lib Dems and Labour (UKIP too but they are a farcical joke and don't count) 

Tory's lost ground on pensions questions arguably but the other parties are clearly in dissaray.

Fallon looking like a plonker with his personal beliefs couldn't defend the appointment of an alleged antisemetic electoral candidate and sat looking at the floor bright red twiddling his thumbs and Labour well - didn't even turn up.

Sad stuff.  

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well PMQ's were an absolute disaster for both the Lib Dems and Labour (UKIP too but they are a farcical joke and don't count) 

Tory's lost ground on pensions questions arguably but the other parties are clearly in dissaray.

Fallon looking like a plonker with his personal beliefs couldn't defend the appointment of an alleged antisemetic electoral candidate and sat looking at the floor bright red twiddling his thumbs and Labour well - didn't even turn up.

Sad stuff.  

Its incredible the Tories can now stand there and openly refuse to guarantee the triple lock and no opposition can make headway, Labour have as much economic credibility as the Greens now.

I didnt know about the Lib Dem anti-semite, I'll have a look this afternoon, I almost felt sorry for Farron having to ask his question right after it.

Just seen the first attack video from the Conservatives on Facebook, they have found an old clip of Corbyn saying he wants to disband the army.

I feared this election would turn into a referendum on Brexit, starting to feel like its going to be referendum on Jeremy Corbyn. It could be absolute carnage, the Tories might win 400 seats.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Its incredible the Tories can now stand there and openly refuse to guarantee the triple lock and no opposition can make headway, Labour have as much economic credibility as the Greens now.

To be fair, it's an unsustainable policy that should be dropped. 

Guest MattP

UKIP have been decimated.

Last three polls now showing them at 5% or less.

Dan Hodges may have been correct when he said the real threat of them to Labour wasn't taking seats, but being "a gateway drug" to patriotic voters switching from Labour to the Conservatives.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

I don't think the there is anything wrong with the second. It's a bit blunt but it doesn't bother me.

The first though is quite clearly targeting Khan's faith. Not sure how anyone can deny there is an implicit suggestion in those flyers that Khan's faith would get in the way of him representing the Gujarati & Punjabi population of London. It was fully intended to win votes via racially divisive material. 

If you don't vote conservative it feels like there is no credible option to vote for. And this is coming from a guy who took the isidewith test and the Conservative party came very last on the policy agreement behind every other party including UKIP and the BNP who apparently I sided with on more issues! Unbelievable Jeff.

One interesting point is that we see a lot of news about 'how many women didn't vote' it's all rubbish. it was an equal amount of women and men didn't vote

40 minutes ago, MattP said:

UKIP have been decimated.

Last three polls now showing them at 5% or less.

Dan Hodges may have been correct when he said the real threat of them to Labour wasn't taking seats, but being "a gateway drug" to patriotic voters switching from Labour to the Conservatives.

It can't help UKIP being led by a bloke alleged to have repeatedly fabricated stories about his past - and who then locks himself in a room to avoid questions. :D

Nuttall's politics were never mine, but he seemed vaguely competent before he became leader. Now he seems less competent than Corbyn, which is saying something.....and that's after several other leadership fiascoes.

With Nuttall's focus on Muslims and banning the burka, so far it sounds as if he's looking to move more onto BNP-type ground, away from Farage's amiably Blimpish True Brit populism.

Re. Hodges' comment, it would be interesting to know the precise "churn" - how many are taking the Lab->UKIP->Con route and how many intend to switch directly from Lab to Con. A bit of both, I'd guess.

33 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

If you don't vote conservative it feels like there is no credible option to vote for. And this is coming from a guy who took the isidewith test and the Conservative party came very last on the policy agreement behind every other party including UKIP and the BNP who apparently I sided with on more issues! Unbelievable Jeff.

Likewise, I'm struggling to know who to vote for.

It won't be Tory or UKIP, Lib Dems seem a bit shallow & the pro-Remain stance a bit simplistic now, so probably not them either.

I actually liked the Brexit policy unveiled by Keir Starmer the other day, though some see it as too convoluted and unclear. Seemed a good balance to me.

Also, I'm in Leicester South, where Jon Ashworth seems to be a decent MP and one of the sharper tools in the Labour box - someone who could have an important role to play as a mediator in the post-Corbyn era, which I hope will soon begin.

Then again, Ashworth had a 17,000 majority in 2015, so the meltdown would have to be even greater than expected for him to be in danger of losing his seat.

The Greens are under better leadership again now (Caroline Lucas has always been good & this Bartley bloke seems OK). It's about time the environment moved up the agenda & the Greens' challenge to growth taking precedence over quality of life appeals to me....so sounds like a reluctant Lab/Ashworth vote or Green. Can't remember an election where I felt less enthusiasm for any of the parties, though.   

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

It won't be Tory or UKIP, Lib Dems seem a bit shallow & the pro-Remain stance a bit simplistic now, so probably not them either.

I actually liked the Brexit policy unveiled by Keir Starmer the other day, though some see it as too convoluted and unclear. Seemed a good balance to me.

Also, I'm in Leicester South, where Jon Ashworth seems to be a decent MP and one of the sharper tools in the Labour box - someone who could have an important role to play as a mediator in the post-Corbyn era, which I hope will soon begin.

Then again, Ashworth had a 17,000 majority in 2015, so the meltdown would have to be even greater than expected for him to be in danger of losing his seat.

The Greens are under better leadership again now (Caroline Lucas has always been good & this Bartley bloke seems OK). It's about time the environment moved up the agenda & the Greens' challenge to growth taking precedence over quality of life appeals to me....so sounds like a reluctant Lab/Ashworth vote or Green. Can't remember an election where I felt less enthusiasm for any of the parties, though.   

I agree with this, I'm not sure which way I would vote if brexit wasn't still at the forefront.

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

If you have a good Labour MP then you should vote for them. We need a strong opposition.

I see Tory Blair has coe out saying people should vote Tory. Well my mind is made up now. He's more Tory tan some of the Tories of old.

My MP is Jon Ashworth. Cannot see a reason to go against him. Seems to be doing a good job.

10 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

I see Tory Blair has coe out saying people should vote Tory. Well my mind is made up now. He's more Tory tan some of the Tories of old.

Have you got a source for Blair saying that?

All I've seen is him calling for people to support candidates who won't back Brexit at any costs but will wait to judge on the negotiated terms for Brexit. While that might include a few Tories, it would mainly be Labour or Lib Dem candidates.

I'm not a Blairite and don't necessarily agree with his intervention, but his views should be reported accurately.....so could you post a link showing Blair calling on people to vote Tory?

If not, I don't think your twin blind allegiances to Corbyn and to Brexit (themselves not entirely consistent) should cause you to misrepresent people.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/23/tony-blair-vote-tory-or-lib-dem-where-they-are-open-minded-on-brexit

Blair: “The absolutely central question at this general election is less who is the prime minister on 9 June, and more what is the nature of the mandate, and in particular – because otherwise frankly this is a steamroller election – is it possible that we can return as many members of parliament as possible to parliament that are going to keep an open mind on this Brexit negotiation until we see the final terms?”

Asked if that could mean voting Lib Dem in a lot of cases, he said: “What I’m advocating may mean that. It may mean voting Labour. It may mean, by the way, that they vote Tory, for candidates who are prepared to give this commitment.”

He added: “This is something that’s bigger than party allegiance, in this particular election.” He said he would campaign to ensure that candidates in every constituency were put under pressure to answer the question: “Will you back Brexit at any costs, or are you prepared to say, this deal is not in the interests of the country?”

Archived