Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

General Election, June 8th

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Very interesting from Nigel Dodds, says in his speech the vote to leave the EU should be interpreted as one to leave the single market and customs union.

Means DUP probably would vote for hard Brexit 

With the Tories gone from the Uni towns and Hoey still there for Labour that means is possible they get it through the house.

The Scottish Tories could end up being the main opposition to it and with where they are based it could come down to whether fishing waters are a part of it. 

With Ken Clarke and the other moderate Tories not believing in Brexit at all? You're kidding yourself mate - 'hard' brexit is dead in the water.

Guest MattP
44 minutes ago, toddybad said:

With Ken Clarke and the other moderate Tories not believing in Brexit at all? You're kidding yourself mate - 'hard' brexit is dead in the water.

Apart from Morgan and Soubry along with him who else is left to vote against it?

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Not got a subcription to that so I can't see the names, plus it's a week old.

I'll give you Phillip Hammoon at a push, if the DUP can come on board you'll still need a few more.

It the backbenchers are brutal it could be no deal. That's worse than hard Brexit.

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

Not got a subcription to that so I can't see the names, plus it's a week old.

I'll give you Phillip Hammoon at a push, if the DUP can come on board you'll still need a few more.

It the backbenchers are brutal it could be no deal. That's worse than hard Brexit.

The Scottish Tories are named in there. There's always been a in split in the party I don't see that that will have gone away. Hammond, for example, will go along with Brexit but is clearly pushing TM towards a softer option. I don't think it's a case of no deal - there is no way that the government won't accept almost any deal in the end - it's a case of parliament pushing the government in terms of what we offer and what we accept during negotiations to be less like what you would term a 'real' brexit. 

You only need 4/5 Tories to not vote with the government and there's enough in the house to overturn them. They can't risk that as it will be game over in the middle of negotiations - it couldn't get much worse for the Tory party. 

They also can't risk pushing through a Brexit that only the hardline right wingers want by a wafer thin parliamentary majority. Brexit has the potential to kick the Tories into touch for a generation because of the tack they've taken. Whether you like it or not, most people see that they've planted themselves down as the hardline option. To mitigate the risk to the party, if nothing else, they have to get a version that other parties will accept so they can try to claim it as a national consensus and look to spread the blame if we all end up much poorer. For a party that's sole selling point is that they claim to be strong on the economy (I would argue that but that's still the claim) to wreck it via Brexit could spell the end. 

7 hours ago, toddybad said:

I think all of this and brexit itself are readily down to the difficult economic situation of the last few years. These sorts of things kick off when people are having a hard time of it. Unfortunately i can't see brexit making this any better. 

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

Piers Morgan will be along soon to demand you show some respect.

7 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Ha Ha , Piers is just a grumpy old twat because he doesn't get his little sleepy bye bye's.

Finally, something we can all agree on - Piers Morgan being a willy puller!

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I think Piers Morgan being a massive helmet is the one and only common ground for most Britons.

I think he's alright actually.

lol I'm kidding he's a ****.

Archived