Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Foxestalk opinion poll (18th April 2017)

Foxestalk opinion poll  

106 members have voted

1. 1. I am currently inclined to;

• Vote Conservative
    • Vote Labour
    • Vote Liberal Democrat
    • Vote Green
    • Vote UKIP
    • Vote Scottish National Party (if available)
    • Vote other
    • Not vote at all, I'm sick of Bloody politics
    • Undecided, but will vote
  2. 2. Out of the two main party leaders who do you think would make the better Prime Minister?

• Theresa May
    • Jeremy Corbyn
    • Undecided
  3. 3. What do you think of the decision to call a snap general election?

• In favour / agree with the merits
    • Against / disagree with the merits
    • Undecided

Depending which seat I'll be voting in:

If I'm in Leicester South, I'll vote Labour. While I can't stand Corbyn, and the state of the Labour Party right now is nothing short of shambolic - it's a safe Labour seat, and Jon Ashworth is nice chap and a very good MP. I hope he continues as Shadow Health secretary after what will probably be a humiliating defeat nationally for Labour.

If I'm in South Leicestershire, I really don't know which way to vote. It's a safe Conservative seat, but I'd rather eat my arms and legs than vote for that lot. So my vote will essentially be a protest/tactical/wasted vote (whichever way you want to look at it). It'll probably be Labour, but if the Lib Dems can convince me it would be worth tactically voting for them, I may consider it, however I doubt it.

Irrelevant of which way I vote, it in reality means little because of where I'm voting. It's the swing seats that matter for winning elections, and I'd be surprised if many (if any) go with Labour in June.

As for the other two questions...

Who would make the better Prime Minister? Christ... I'm not undecided, I fully believe both of them are unfit for the job for different reasons. If I had to make a decision, and we're talking about the qualities of a leader, not the policies, then May probably just shades it. But not by much, nor is it much of an achievement beating Corbyn.

Do I agree or disagree with the decision to call and election? Again, that's more complicated than a simple yes/no answer. It's clever timing, catching everyone off guard after triggering Article 50. It will probably pay off for May, I can see a majority of over 100, easily; more likely to be closer or above 150 even for the Tories. Crushing all opposition, paving the way for free reign for the next five years and the Brexit negotiations. Sneaky politicians again. However, it is probably the right thing to do for the sole reason that she needs a mandate of her own from the people as PM. She should have done it before triggering Article 50 in my eyes, but that's politicians! And finally, it *should* see the end of Corbyn and his followers who have invaded the Labour Party and trashed it. Hopefully with them gone, Labour can rebuild and get ready for government sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, it's gonna be a long five (hopefully no more) years...

Edit: Grammar

Now that UKIP has completed it's brilliant mission to steer us out of Europe, it's now "job done" in it's achievement target.

I will switch to the Conservatives, for the forthcoming General Election, wishing Teresa May all the best, for a good tough, "Brexit" deal. Ten steps to the right! :englandsmile4wf:

48 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Now that UKIP has completed it's brilliant mission to steer us out of Europe, it's now "job done" in it's achievement target.

I will switch to the Conservatives, for the forthcoming General Election, wishing Teresa May all the best, for a good tough, "Brexit" deal. Ten steps to the right! :englandsmile4wf:

Had to down as a Green DT.

I ran some figures based on our very unscientific opinion poll... and it suggested a Conservative majority of 4, on account of the strong Lib Dem support being shown. 

I'll look to do another opinion poll in a few weeks time to see if the mood has changed any, after all, there's plenty that could happen between now and June 8th.

IMG_0288.PNG

Archived