Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

North Korea

Just wonder how we got from dotard to rocket man to peace and end of a war so fast.

Thats some serious hate to get over in a small amount of time. Greased palms anyone? 

Having said that peace is always good news 

Edited by Jattdogg

3 hours ago, Beechey said:

A US government official travelling to the DPRK is frankly massive. Will be quite impressed with them if they get much out of these meetings.

What? US diplomats visit NK all the time. And those visits are actually documented instead of being "secret".

**** me, the desperation some people have to make trump look good is absolutely embarrassing. Wash your noses they must stink.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Just wonder how we got from dotard to rocket man to peace and end of a war so fast.

Thats some serious hate to get over in a small amount of time. Greased palms anyone? 

Having said that peace is always good news 

That's the only thing that matters on this one, really - regardless of whether or not the people brokering it aren't fit for purpose in other areas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogstanley said:

What? US diplomats visit NK all the time. And those visits are actually documented instead of being "secret".

**** me, the desperation some people have to make trump look good is absolutely embarrassing. Wash your noses they must stink.

A diplomat isn't really a government official in the sense most people think of it as they're not involved in domestic administration, and for the record, I dislike Trump and his administration greatly. Thanks for being a top-grade **** though.

Can you tell me the last time a Secretary of State from the United States visited North Korea? Or the last time a President of the United States visited North Korea?

I would have thought you'd be in favour of the highest authorities in both countries getting together to try and end a 60+ year war. Maybe not though.

Edited by Beechey

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

A diplomat is not a government official as they're not involved in public administration, and for the record, I dislike Trump and his administration greatly. Thanks for being a top-grade **** though.

Can you tell me the last time a Secretary of State from the United States visited North Korea? Or the last time a President of the United States visited North Korea?

I would have thought you'd be in favour of the highest authorities in both countries getting together to try and end a 60+ year war. Maybe not though.

Tbf, I don't think it was aimed at you, even though it was you he quoted.

There are a couple of posters on here that support and defend Trump in pretty much everything he does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Tbf, I don't think it was aimed at you, even though it was you he quoted.

There are a couple of posters on here that support and defend Trump in pretty much everything he does.

Fair enough, should have been prefaced though. I genuinely can't stand Trump as a President and the thought of someone claiming I brown nose him irks me a bit lol

@Rogstanley sorry if it wasn't directed at me.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

Guest MattP
25 minutes ago, Buce said:

Who are they? I remember Claridge was a mild fab but apart from him I don't think there is a single Trump supporter in here, let alone anyone that defends and supports almost everything he does.

39 minutes ago, Beechey said:

A diplomat isn't really a government official in the sense most people think of it as they're not involved in domestic administration, and for the record, I dislike Trump and his administration greatly. Thanks for being a top-grade **** though.

Buce is right, it wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular tbh. There just seems to be like I said, a sense of desperation to attribute success to Trump when it's far from clear he's really anything to do with it.

I think i read that it was 2000 or 2002, the last time a senior official visited. Which to be fair is quite a while, but it's only worth celebrating if anything good actually comes of it. 

There's also the possibility that it's simply made up. For what reason did they keep the visit secret?

3 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

. There just seems to be like I said, a sense of desperation to attribute success to Trump when it's far from clear he's really anything to do with it.

Not just aiming this at you Roger but surely it’s pretty bleedin obvious  that the Trumpster has payed a big part in this ...   he’s certainly put the wind up the potato headed Korean midget ...  and at the end of the day peace in that region is fantastic news and should be applauded and celebrated.   I’m not a nylon head fan, by a long way, but his individualistic and innovative approach to world affairs has certainly got some benefits ...   and should be given some credit.

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Not just aiming this at you Roger but surely it’s pretty bleedin obvious  that the Trumpster has payed a big part in this ...   he’s certainly put the wind up the potato headed Korean midget ...  and at the end of the day peace in that region is fantastic news and should be applauded and celebrated.   I’m not a nylon head fan, by a long way, but his individualistic and innovative approach to world affairs has certainly got some benefits ...   and should be given some credit.

Well you must have been applauding for decades then because it has been a long time since that region was in anything but peace. A few missile tests is all we've had and they actually ramped up after trump came to power to begin with. Holding talks is great but it's not unprecedented. I remember a few months ago trumpers shouting about South Korea and NK holding talks as if that was because if trump even though the two countries hold talks all the time. It's really debatable whether you can even call this "progress" at all tbh. Certainly the North Korean people are in no better position. 

Guest FriendlyRam

Its happened to quickly, you can't just get decades of tension and war ended this quickly, esp threatening them with all out destruction and war like Trump was doing. 

This will now strengthen this whole "he's playing 4d chess" sh** we keep hearing about. Yeah because threatening to wipe countries of the map, bombing a sovereign country is 4d chess now?!?! its bully boy tactics, throwing his weight around, he's no "genius".

Trump is a moron he's not intelligent enough to play snakes and ladders never mind 4d chess, threatening nuclear warfare is disgusting and the bloke should be removed not being talked up as a possible noble peace prize candidate. 

Edited by FriendlyRam

11 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

All missile tests are apparently stopped and some nuclear site will close.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43846488

Have doubts as to whether the claim is right, in terms of country security etc.

What he actually said d was essentially “we have nuclear missiles, so we don’t need any more testing”

20 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

All missile tests are apparently stopped and some nuclear site will close.

:)

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

What he actually said d was essentially “we have nuclear missiles, so we don’t need any more testing”

:(

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Kim has given up literally nothing at this point, and gained the credibility of a US president visit.  Who is winning again?

Not those who oppose both leaders?..

26 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Kim has given up literally nothing at this point, and gained the credibility of a US president visit.  Who is winning again?

I strongly doubt their project is complete to the point of sure infallibility given the amount of testing they've done, and even if it was, them not seeking more is hardly a bad thing.

I know that cynicism is a reasonable response considering previous overtures, but let's not doom where this might be going from the start, perhaps?

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I strongly doubt their project is complete to the point of sure infallibility given the amount of testing they've done, and even if it was, them not seeking more is hardly a bad thing.

I know that cynicism is a reasonable response considering previous overtures, but let's not doom where this might be going from the start, perhaps?

They haven’t said they won’t keep making them have they?  

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

They haven’t said they won’t keep making them have they?  

They've said they're going to stop testing and close some enrichment sites, which at least inhibits more being made/developed.

AFAIC moves like this are at least part of the steps NK needs to do to begin to rejoin the international community and so free up the folks there without the associated death and destruction that is normally necessary to win such freedom, and so let's see if they're on the level about it.

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

My point for some time - Kim is smashing it out of the park. Anything that leaves him in power (particularly if they keep the tech) and reduces the American influence means he's gained on where they are before he came to power.

Trump has watched them gain nukes and the means of delivery before being pulled to the table. Yet people claim some sort of victory for him.

Guest FriendlyRam

Infowars were breaking down last week after the Syria attacks, Jones had a tantrum and threw Trump under the bus

Today he's in love with Trump again, thinks he's back to fighting the "globalists", and is almost jizzing himself because they think Trump is the one who masterminded this whole NK thing lol 

If ever there was a case to shut down infowars for disinfo point them no further than the last 7 days worth of cr** pushed out by Jones and his gang of loons. 

Edited by FriendlyRam