Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Shakespeare

Great to see him make such a brave and proactive move so early on in the game. Yes, there was an element of needs must but you still have to make the right decision. Two tactical decisions made relatively early on in both legs almost saw us through. You see it so often where a manager waits until it's too late to affect a game but Shakey has shown he's not afraid to make big calls.

Well done Mr Shakespeare.

We'd have lost more had Ranieri been in charge imo.

Shakespeare continuously monitored game situations and changed things effectively as possible where suitable. Ranieri never changed much when things were bad/poor.

Deserves long-term contract.

4 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Let's be honest if we came out at the start of the game like we did at the second half we may have stood a chance, that has to be down to management :(

That's down to the players surely? It was the same team that smashed Sevilla off the park. Shakey saw it wasn't working and made a bold move that completely changed the game. Exactly like in the first leg when griezmann was taking us to the cleaners and he made a change which completely nullified him. That is what great management is all about.

2 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Nice guy but new man needed in the summer to attract the players

Disagree. He's done enough to earn the right to lead this team. I think he's the perfect fit for us and the players obviously love playing for him. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Let's be honest if we came out at the start of the game like we did at the second half we may have stood a chance, that has to be down to management :(

We couldn't, we would have burnt out and they would have punished us. Their goal was completely against the run of play, we had to keep it at 1-0 for as long as possible. 

5 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Nice guy but new man needed in the summer to attract the players

If this site had negative reputation marks, this would be minus two hundred.

I disagree with you, too.

6 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Maybe but then I thought we played pretty well in the first half and succumbed to a sucker punch. I think if we'd played the second half tactics first half then we'd have been picked off. Atletico tired second half which helped us, that wouldn't have been the case first half. To be that high up the pitch against an energetic Atletico side could have been suicidal.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You'd think if @seenitall had actually seen it all then he'd have learnt something from it. lol 

lol

He's been trolling around for years. Personally, I'd be more happy if we went for some younger and more hungry players from the domestic leagues. We are a club that does better building up less well known players and developing them.

Whilst he's done a very good job, I think the club is at a junction.

Do we give him a contract and try to keep our best players?

Or do we start afresh with a new manager and let him bring in his own players? 

I really don't know which way it's going to go.

We could easily lose Kasper, Mahrez and Vardy. Others aren't performing at the level they were last season.

In some way, tonight feels a bit like an end of a little era.

I don't know what's going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

He does have a point, I know it's cynical but we need to consider it. He should stay at the club though.

I doubt Shakey will stay if we bring in a new Manager. He's had a taste of the top job and he's taken to it like a duck to water. His stock is high and there would be plenty of Championship teams queuing up to sign him as their no 1 I'd have thought...

It's got to come down to what the owners want 

Shakey is good for us, would he get us top 4-6 or bring in top players? Probably not but he will do a decent job

Some big name manager will bring in big names and they will have all the tools and money and the know-how to get top level football

It's a tough one seeing as though neither are garenteed 

I still think he's the best man for the job - and possibly the only man.

Any new manager will come across Ranieri's problem: he'll try to change them, they won't change, team spirit will hit rock bottom, we'll lose matches.

Anyone who does come in will have to best use what we have - and with support of the team - slowly fill up the gaps in our play.

And is there anyone out there better than Shakespeare for that?

Archived