Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Shakespeare

16 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I can never decide on what will happen with Mahrez. One point I'm hearing stories saying Mahrez will definitely stay until the Summer or Christmas (implying afterwards he'll be out) and other times I'm seeing him retweet 'please stay mahrez' tweets. From what I've heard about him personally he sounds outrageously modest for his talents and achievements. I wouldn't bet against him staying. But on the other hand I wouldn't bet against someone tempting away the incredible long term prospect Gray. I think Shakey has to give them both time.

I know first hand that Riyad Mahrez is a really really lovely and genuinely modest man. 

I, for one, would be quite disappointed to find out that Mahrez was an asshole.

I'm glad that there's not evidence to support that. I'm also happy that Shakes seems to have the team feeling like they're hungry once more, with something to prove. We're on the hunt once more.

21 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Exactly what I (thought I) said...  thanks for making clearer. :thumbup:

As Ric said, Gray (who hasn't shown consistency with his final ball) would not necessarily have been the right choice anyhow given how we were pumping balls into the box. Amartey was not going to disrupt the formation further and was going to maintain our threat at set pieces. Besides, his now famous run from his days in Sweden to win a penalty in added time is decent credential ?

22 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

John Percy dropping hints...

Good, Shakey has lost just 1 league game from 7, without him we'd be in the bottom 3 right now  IMO.

IMG_2321.PNG

Shakey leading plans for preseason! :thumbup: Looks like we might still be going to Asia though...

20 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Said last night on radio Rafa had been linked with Leicester "in recent days"  .....

Nah, he should stick to playing tennis. Still got a couple of grand slams left in him I reckon :thumbup:

31 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Said last night on radio Rafa had been linked with Leicester "in recent days"  .....

I have had this feeling for a while now. He stayed with the Geordies as he felt a responsibility for their relegation. he has no love for the owners who he is on record as saying 'let him down' on various assurances. 

I dont think he has the personality to work closely with an assistant which would be a shame as shakes seems so important to the dynamics of the club. I wouldn't be against his appointment if shakey really is on board with it and Rafa accepts that close working arrangement. 

Craig Shakespeare making plans for pre-season at Leicester as interim boss set to land the job permanently

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4442002/Craig-Shakespeare-making-plans-pre-season-Leicester.html#ixzz4fFI9825G 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Don't think I've ever seen the players looking collectively happier at a training session. Or read more comments that reflect that mood. e'd be crazy to put that at risk and not just build now on the sound foundation we laid when winning the title and which should have been properly built on from last summer.

I like Shakespeare, he's so refreshingly straight-forward and unaffected. People have said we can't repeat our title success. But if we signed three or four players who genuinely improved our squad and complimented our style I see no reason we shouldn't compete in any competition we're involved in.

Shakespeare's not only ambitious, he's uniting. Not only inside the club but, without his giving away secrets or confidences, he seems to have a willingness to let the fans know what's going on and that can surely only strengthen the mood inside the ground for our home games which is already among the best.

Good owners, manager, players, atmosphere and so much more .....Leicester will be competitive against anyone for a long time to come if we recognise what's made us that way, and keep building on it.  

Personally I'm disappointed Shakespeare hasn't been given the job already...it is an unnecessary distraction having people talking to him/about him and asking him about it all of the time.

What more has he got to do to prove himself? The owners have been vindicated by sacking Ranieri, and by giving Shakespeare the job temporarily, and unless something extremely unlikely happens we are safe (ish)...we need stability and a manager who will get the best out of THESE players, plus a few key additions...give him the job and stop the speculation stone dead...the only way Mahrez, Vardy, Schmeichel even think about leaving is if there is another change.

42 minutes ago, Leicester69 said:

Personally I'm disappointed Shakespeare hasn't been given the job already...it is an unnecessary distraction having people talking to him/about him and asking him about it all of the time.

What more has he got to do to prove himself? The owners have been vindicated by sacking Ranieri, and by giving Shakespeare the job temporarily, and unless something extremely unlikely happens we are safe (ish)...we need stability and a manager who will get the best out of THESE players, plus a few key additions...give him the job and stop the speculation stone dead...the only way Mahrez, Vardy, Schmeichel even think about leaving is if there is another change.

There is no rush, I think it's right the owners review him for as long as possible. He's done a sterling job so far, but if you don't need to rush into making a decision and holding off isn't going to cause an issue then I think it's a not brainer to do that.

There is only one possible reason to not give it to Shakey and that's whether he can attract the top players we need to make the next step.

I genuinely have no idea if he can or not and probably depends upon the individual anyway.

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

There is only one possible reason to not give it to Shakey and that's whether he can attract the top players we need to make the next step.

I genuinely have no idea if he can or not and probably depends upon the individual anyway.

Bung the agent a few zillion and Donald Duck could attract the top players ...

He will most likely get the job but will have to get off to a great start next season and vastly improve our league position from this season as well as seen to be making progress to keep it! The players obviously like Shakey and respect him a lot but cannot get too comfortable that they don't put in the effort all the time and don't become complacent under him. There needs to be a balance between the players being comfortable and Shakey knowing when to tear them anew one!

11 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

He will most likely get the job but will have to get off to a great start next season and vastly improve our league position from this season as well as seen to be making progress to keep it! The players obviously like Shakey and respect him a lot but cannot get too comfortable that they don't put in the effort all the time and don't become complacent under him. There needs to be a balance between the players being comfortable and Shakey knowing when to tear them anew one!

Far from players becoming complacent I think there's more likely to be proper competition from more people who are worthy of a place in the team.

Shakespeare doesn't strike me as a "blue air" manager in any case - much more the sort who identifies a problem then acts to put it right.  

He's made lots of changes in his short time as manager and involved lots of players and likely his  "involving people" will continue to be his way but for sound reasons.

Players will accept and cope with that. No player fails to recognise he's having a "bad un" and they'll all be well enough used to operating within a squad system.

What players find hard to accept is change for no benefit and the involvement of people who consistently fail to get the job done.

Most of our players are proven winners - people who've shown they can cope under pressure and beat even top quality opposition in some style.

They'll accept newcomers to "the platoon" but they won't accept losers, shirkers or anyone who doesn't show themselves fully committed and capable of making a difference.

It really is like an SAS team in a way.

Any close-knit group that has won battles and survived in difficult circumstances will only welcome those who show themselves able to compliment that group, cover their backs, stick in there when the going gets tough and offer some special expertise in one way or another.

And quite right.

Big achievements, positive publicity, global exposure and big salaries depend on people delivering not losing theoir nerve or going awol for whatever reason.

Shakespeare wiIl understand that and I can't see him putting up with losers for long. They may, or may not, get one chance to go away and think again but I don't think the door would stay open long.

Just because a bloke is calm, pleasant and fair minded doesn't mean he's not ruthless.

Some of he most ruthless soldiers on the planet are people chosen to blend in and not be noticed. Outwardly they're the most polite and mild-mannered people you'll ever meet. Because that's what best enables them to do their job.  

Personally I don't think we should read too much into the fact he is organizing pre-season and transfer targets.. He's obviously here until the end of the season so we wont be appointing a new manager until then.. The other alternative is checking lastminute.com for any available hotels  when we finally do get a manager.. the same with transfer targets - someone has to organize these targets well in advance so that we don't go looking through the dregs of the non contract left overs that no one wants.. 

Don't get me wrong ... really hope he stays!

Archived