Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Shakespeare

I don't know what the detractors expected, he took over a dysfunctional side that was struggling to even register shots on target and he's turned us around to guarantee safety. Not to mention that we have a ****ing awful squad.

One interesting theme I have noted is shakey making tactical changes at half time which put right the problems we are struggling with during the first half. why he doesn't make those changes at the time baffles me a little. Why run the risk of allowing the opposite to score before the break? 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

One interesting theme I have noted is shakey making tactical changes at half time which put right the problems we are struggling with during the first half. why he doesn't make those changes at the time baffles me a little. Why run the risk of allowing the opposite to score before the break? 

Can be quite hard to convey messages to 11 players in a noisy stadium and you run the risk of players not fully understanding what's being asked of them, better to wait until half time where he can make sure everyone knows what's being asked of them.

6 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Can be quite hard to convey messages to 11 players in a noisy stadium and you run the risk of players not fully understanding what's being asked of them, better to wait until half time where he can make sure everyone knows what's being asked of them.

Ever heard the phrase 'closing the stable door after the horse has bolted'? I get your point but I still think asking a player to drop into another area isn't too difficult as a stop gap until the half time re org. 

9 hours ago, Wookie said:

I don't know what the detractors expected, he took over a dysfunctional side that was struggling to even register shots on target and he's turned us around to guarantee safety. Not to mention that we have a ****ing awful squad.

The squad is not awful. We have an aging squad, especially an aging first team, but overall the quality we have we should be top half of the table.

I agree with you regarding Shakespeare. He turned a struggling side who was on a total free fall into an organised unit. I don't get his detractors either. From whst I've seen of Shakespeare he seem more than capable of moving us forward.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ever heard the phrase 'closing the stable door after the horse has bolted'? I get your point but I still think asking a player to drop into another area isn't too difficult as a stop gap until the half time re org. 

I guess but by waiting until half time it doesn't give the opponent the opportunity to think of a plan to counter it. I'm sure if we were being exposed really badly he'd make the change during the half but he hasn't had to yet.

I think it's awful that Shakey has taken us to the champions league QF, almost guaranteed safety and has the possibility of finishing in mid table. I think it's a total disgrace for someone to change a relegation threaten team around and manage to get some clean sheets under our belt AND manage to get away wins this season?! Who does he think he is!! 

In reality, its the people questioning him that need to have a look at themselves. This guy has done wonders for us in the time he's been in charge, and I for one back him all the way. 

2 hours ago, Koke said:

The squad is not awful. We have an aging squad, especially an aging first team, but overall the quality we have we should be top half of the table.

I agree with you regarding Shakespeare. He turned a struggling side who was on a total free fall into an organised unit. I don't get his detractors either. From whst I've seen of Shakespeare he seem more than capable of moving us forward.

The first team are decent, aside from the starters though we really aren't very good. We had to start King and Amartey for several games ffs

Should give him the role.

The players know him and are used to his methods, and bringing a new boss in can sometimes take away the benefits of these and having to 'start from scratch' again.

Agree squad is poor - we only really have 12 or 13 players you could start a game with and expect a result - our reserve keeper is worse than having no keeper, we have one spare central defender when they are all fit and the centre midfield has one quality player and a fella hanging on but clearly out of sorts, with back up of an oldish man who passes sideways a lot.

The question about Shakey is a bit like the ones about Pearson - lovely bloke who you would like to have to tea, capable of some good stuff and some crap decisions and likely to turn us into the new Stoke - this will be a failure of the club to capitalise on the last of the Champions goodwill and we will be forever mediocre. They should be brave and bring in someone of a Pochettino type character who is destined for greatness and looking for a gig on the way up. 

It's not popular but neither was getting rid of Nige and look what happened then - big brave decisions make great teams

23 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Agree squad is poor - we only really have 12 or 13 players you could start a game with and expect a result - our reserve keeper is worse than having no keeper, we have one spare central defender when they are all fit and the centre midfield has one quality player and a fella hanging on but clearly out of sorts, with back up of an oldish man who passes sideways a lot.

The question about Shakey is a bit like the ones about Pearson - lovely bloke who you would like to have to tea, capable of some good stuff and some crap decisions and likely to turn us into the new Stoke - this will be a failure of the club to capitalise on the last of the Champions goodwill and we will be forever mediocre. They should be brave and bring in someone of a Pochettino type character who is destined for greatness and looking for a gig on the way up. 

It's not popular but neither was getting rid of Nige and look what happened then - big brave decisions make great teams

Trying hard to find something in all that that I actually agree with.  The new Stoke ??  ....     What ????

To put it into perspective how bad we were when Shakespeare took over - we had 21 points and Sunderland had 19. We now have 40 points and Sunderland have 21.

He's got us really organised. Got Vardy scoring again. If we get Mahrez & Drinkwater up and running again next season + 2/3 good signings I can see Shakespeare doing well with us.

The fact that this is even a discussion depresses me. We were in the championship with Matt Mills and Neil Danns a few years ago. Shakey was obviously hugely involved in the prem title and we just got to the CL quarters, went toe to toe with Althetico and he just quite casually rescued us from disaster. 

These are the best times we have EVER had as Leicester fans. There is absolutly no question as to whether he deserves a contract. 

Archived