Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Shakespeare

10 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Let's be honest if we came out at the start of the game like we did at the second half we may have stood a chance, that has to be down to management :(

Really? 3 at the back when the team sheet came out before kick off?

I'm sure everyone would have loved that! You go out like that first half against an experienced and well organised TEAM, you get bullied.

Shakey did fantastic today along with the team. He played the right formation to start and made a bold move second half.  Well played Leicester city football club 

The only situation I can think where a new manager would be good is if one where we largely have a new team.

If sell Vardy, Drinky and Morgan (retire?) we'll more or less have a new backbone to the team dynamics.

If that's the case, a new manager with the help of new signings could mould a new team. But I don't know I'd want that.

A good interview from Shakey. Saying he had just spoken to the players and challenged them to go for it next season, and he says they want it? slipped that in nicely. Well done to Leicester, we needed that to lift the club for that last push, up the foxes 

For me, keeping Shakespeare is a no brainer if we want to recapture some of the form of our amazing Premier League winning season.

I would hope the crowd sings his name. Loudly. A lot.

We could be the "anti-Arsenal" and have fans unfurling banners saying "Shakespeare In".  The skies above the King Power could have planes suggesting he should be given the job and unanimity could break out amongst our fans as they get along great whilst discussing it politely.

:scarf:

Sign him up. 

Tactically ****ed Madrid up tonight. **** a big name, the quality will speak for itself. Players buy into our ethos, not a name. Our best players came here for Nigel Pearson and I'm sure we will attract many more under Shakey. He will sell the dream. 

A good interview from Shakey. Saying he had just spoken to the players and challenged them to go for it next season, and he says they want it? slipped that in nicely. Well done to Leicester, we needed that to lift the club for that last push, up the foxes 

17 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Nice guy but new man needed in the summer to attract the players

Most of the players playing tonight signed for Pearson. As did Kante and Cambiasso. Pearson was hardly a big name. You could probably argue that Shaky is much better known now than Pearson was then because he's been in the spotlight. 

ive always had a soft spot for the formation we switched to for the second half - very Great-escape strategy :thumbup:

There's no doubt in my mind that Shakespeare is the man for the job, tactically he was spot on today and last week (yes we lost etc etc - but we were not far off for a team meant to be miles better than us!)

I think we've got very fortunate that Shakey was here with us all along, it's very apparent to me now just how good he is, spent years out of the limelight building himself as a top coach and now he's here he's shown us what we wanted under Ranieri - we'd be stupid to get rid, absolutly stupid

This decision is the big one for the owners - but i'm convinved they don't want to rebuild all the backroom staff and if Shakey goes - i believe a lot of others might have to go as well, so i'm confident they'll make the right call

It's a tough call by the owners in the summer.

I will agree that Shakespeare does deserve the chance next season to see how he can take the club forward.

He hasn't really made any glaring errors so far and made some intriguing tactical switches.

Also, the futures of quite a few of our players are up for scrutiny in the summer.

Oka,Ulloa,James,Lawrence,Mendy,Slimani,Was,Musa amongst others, and Shakey will have some hard decisions to make, as he was the middle man now he will be the main man!

Also, he will have to add some back room staff as he won't be able to do it all on the training field pretty much on his own.

It may be a small rebuilding job behind the scenes and a few new faces to freshen up key areas of the squad.

it will be an exciting summer that's for sure 

He should definitely be given next season. I do worry that if things don't go to plan we might have to replace him and with that, lose the last of the trio that set the foundations. 

Think he will be fine though. I like him and he reminds me of people that I always used to see down the pub. He will lead us to a cool top 10 finish and help get the club back on track. 

Shakey should be given a full season next season, barring disaster. We are not going to win the league again but with him, the bulk of the players and the same spirit, we can be easily top half and perhaps pick up a cup. Thought he changed it well at glad time tonight although should have gone more positive with Gray with 15-20 left.

Our games under Shakey so far should have cemented his job already? he's been here along time, he knows the players better than any man alive right now. They clearly work for him and share his beliefs. I reckon behind the scenes it's all being done and plans being made for next season. Identifying who he sells, keeps and buys. let's wait and see. But he has my vote #shakeyIN

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Perfect switch at HT, brave and decisive.

It's really funny.

When CR played  three at the back 

against Chelsea and replaced in the second half

a CB (Huth) with an offensive player (Okazaki) he was

afterwards crucified for it in this forum.

CS ,however, is hailed as being brave

for doing exactly the same (Benalouane out/ Ulloa in).

9 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

It's really funny.

When CR played  three at the back 

against Chelsea and replaced in the second half

a CB (Huth) with an offensive player (Okazaki) he was

afterwards crucified for it in this forum.

CS ,however, is hailed as being brave

for doing exactly the same (Benalouane out/ Ulloa in).

That Chelsea game was a mess. I don't know how anyone can seriously compare that tactically with what happened tonight. Fuchs literally had no clue where he was meant to be that night.

You've also conveniently wrote that Ulloa replaced Benalouane, ignoring that we took Okazaki off too.

He has done us proud. His decision to throw the rule book out the window at half time, stick Ulloa on and launch it was against everything the champions league stands for but it was the right move for us and that's what counts. We are team who thrive of being the underdog. If we need to ruffle some feathers, bloody well do it. It made the rest of the game interesting and jokes aside, had a ball or two dropped for us, we would've had an amazing win. The fact is, I don't think a Ranieri or a Mancini would've done that. 

Shakey always champions the identity and that second half performance was exactly that, our identity, a plan b. 

I hope he goes home tonight puts his head on his pillow and has a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is the first day of building this club to try to get us back to that level. Work out your coaching staff, work out whose staying and whose going and work out the business people who you will entrust with making the decisions on player recruitment etc. If he does that right, he could be the right man to take us forward for a long time. 

Onwards and upwards!

Archived