Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy - worried?

If we keep Shakey we keep Vardy. Maybe even Kasper. QNot sure about Mahrez but is anyone gonna pay 35mill for him now?

vardy would only leave for a UCL team, so that's Arsenal out of the question. He's not a Man City or Spurs type player so that leaves Chelski or Liverpool, maybe Man U but I honestly can't see them forking out £30m plus for an ageing 30yo CF

Plus next season with us he gets to win the league again ?

He turned down Arsenal last year to stay here for less money.

No-one else came in for him and this year he has scored significantly less goals and is one year older. Who do people think are going to pay him what we do and give him anywhere near the same kind of focus we do? He's been brilliant for us but World Class? Going to Atletico? That's madness.

I'd be gutted if he did leave but nowhere that can afford him can offer him anywhere near the importance and the amount of games that we do.

Seriously, the only bid we got last year was from Arsenal. Who is going to come in for him now?

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Don't see a big club paying what it would cost to buy him, especially at his age.

Got big hugs from Simeone at the end though, maybe they'll go for him. Miles better than Torres.

He's exactly what Simeone looks for in his players, a hungry never say die attitude with bags of pace.Given all the praise he's been getting from the Athletico players they obviously rate him. If he was younger I could see him going to Spain and destroying the league there. After he rejected more money at Arsenal to stay with us, i don't think he's going anywhere.

Regarding the rest, nobody is going to match our valuation of Mahrez given his form and same goes for DD. Kasper will go to Man Utd if De Gea leaves (most likely) and Gray will leave, unless Shakey starts playing him more.

7 minutes ago, sm1 said:

He's exactly what Simeone looks for in his players, a hungry never say die attitude with bags of pace.Given all the praise he's been getting from the Athletico players they obviously rate him. If he was younger I could see him going to Spain and destroying the league there. After he rejected more money at Arsenal to stay with us, i don't think he's going anywhere.

Regarding the rest, nobody is going to match our valuation of Mahrez given his form and same goes for DD. Kasper will go to Man Utd if De Gea leaves (most likely) and Gray will leave, unless Shakey starts playing him more.

I don't think scouts see things as one dimensionally as you. 

I think we have lots of things in our favour for him to stay.

Pretty confident he will want to stay in the Premier League.

What top 6 team will want to sign him? 

If they do want to, will he be guaranteed to start?

If not, will that affect his World Cup chances? At the moment he is our star man and will play every game.

If not a top 6 team. Which "smaller" club will pay him 100k a week?

His big move opportunity was last season and due to his age, and deal he is on, I think he made his decision last year and will stay with us unless we get relegated one day.

As for the others. I actually think Kasper will stay too, because as highly as we rate him, I still can't see him becoming 1st choice at any of the big 6 and again, I would put us only behind the top 6 and Everton now in terms of pulling power, with our wages and recent history.  

Mahrez and Slimani I think will be most likely to go, although in Mahrez's case, I don't think he will get a big dream move this summer, especially not in the Premier League. I don't think he has done enough personally and although he has showed moments, he has also been well below par on many occassions and 40 million and over 100k wages will be putting off many I believe, so I think we will keep him here for another 6-12 months. Slimani will go if we can't find a way of partnering him and Vardy together successfully. 

I can also see Gray pushing for a move if Mahrez stays, but I would try keep him here unless big money came in, as an injury to Mahrez or Albrighton and he will be starting every week. 

8 hours ago, ajthefox said:

He turned down Arsenal last year to stay here for less money.

No-one else came in for him and this year he has scored significantly less goals and is one year older. Who do people think are going to pay him what we do and give him anywhere near the same kind of focus we do? He's been brilliant for us but World Class? Going to Atletico? That's madness.

I'd be gutted if he did leave but nowhere that can afford him can offer him anywhere near the importance and the amount of games that we do.

Seriously, the only bid we got last year was from Arsenal. Who is going to come in for him now?

Why would he go now instead of last season? A few reasons.

1) For me he has proved he isn't a 1 season wonder. His record since Ranieris tactics have gone says it all.

2) He's tasted Champions League and proved it's his level. He could have scored more yes but he hasn't looked out of place at all and his goals have came when we played better teams.

Bloody hope he doesn't go though.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Why would he go now instead of last season? A few reasons.

1) For me he has proved he isn't a 1 season wonder. His record since Ranieris tactics have gone says it all.

2) He's tasted Champions League and proved it's his level. He could have scored more yes but he hasn't looked out of place at all and his goals have came when we played better teams.

Bloody hope he doesn't go though.

He's just signed a new contract and Vichai doesn't **** around.

He's not going anywhere tbh.

All this negativity and I'm sat here cheering spurs closing the gap so when we end their title hopes at the KP it will feel extra special chanting "have you ever seen a Tottenham win the league!" 

I'm not ready to enter the depressing "will we have a starting 11 next season" summer period yet. :nigel:

Don't see him move. He got here everything he wants, is the star and won't be happier in another PL team, supposing they'd be ready to play 100,000 a week for a 30 yo player.

Don't understand why people are sure Mahrez will move. Depite of all the shortcomings in the midfield, he didn't exactly do himself a favor this season.

No fear, Vardy is comfortable here and I reckon he'd retire here. In my opinion if Vardy went to a regular top six club he wouldn't get the service as he does here, you only have to look at him in England team when he plays... the squad just ignores and don't pass. I think there's a bit of snobbery comes into all, unlike many others Vardy comes from hard working end of football, playing on sunday league pitches and all that. I always think of Rickie Lambert, great player at Southampton went to Liverpool and that was it, he was useless not the same player since.

He'll be here next season.

We're the ones who brought him into the football league, nurtured him, stuck with him through the tough times. He's had unimaginable success with us, is the embodiment of the team's ethos, all the players are like family. Not forgetting that - apart from a short break - Shakespeare has been here ever since Vardy joined, so if he gets the permanent job (as I expect he will) then that could also help..

I think he has a lot more affection for the club than he's being given credit for.

The only way I can see him leaving is if a top European side came in for him. The only side I can think of which would play to his strengths is Atletico, so unless they come knocking I can't see him wanting to leave. I can't see it though.

I'm a little worried. Just depends how much influence Wag has on his mind. I can see her pushing for a London move or trip abroad. He had his moment last summer for a top four club in my opinion. I would think his loyalty with us will win through.

I can't imagine Vardy going to Spain and trying to learn the language. He's spent 30 years learning English and he still hasn't mastered it...

Might be one more big move in him. 

The goals he's been scoring of late is going to be attracting attention. Not been at his best overall in the champions League but still had his moments. Any side that makes the group stages of next year's champions League would take him. 

Should he go in the summer I'll be disappointed but can't begrudge him anything after what he's done at Leicester. We've got to look at other options in attack aswell. It's not as strong as we'd have hoped. Probably cost us most in terms of going all the way in Europe this season. 

I cant see anyone leaving if i am honest other than Mahrez.

Vardy - Had his chance last summer and got his bumper pay rise, i cant see him and his agent pulling that trick again and i would be very surprised if someone paid 20-25m for a bloke of his age and match the salary to boot.

Mahrez - Ok he maybe the one to go but there is not a cat in hells chance Barca will go for him based on current form and thats his dream club.

Drinky - I dont think he will go but based on this season, if he wants to i would not be to bothered.

Kasper - Again i dont know why people think he will leave, the logical choice would be Man Utd but i just dont think Jose would punt on him and thats IF De gea was to leave.

Gray - Will get more chances next season 

We are not the feeder club we used to be and the owners have deep pockets, i was surprised myself when we started dishing out 100k per week contracts.

A couple of key signings in the right areas and we will be challenging again next season for the top 4.

We are the Atleti of the premier league :)

Archived