Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy - worried?

I said last summer and I'll say it again this summer: I would rather keep Vardy over anyone else. 

Of course he's not necessarily the best player in the squad, but Vardy is Mr Leicester City of this era.  Our whole signature play is set around the way Vardy plays. If we lose Vardy we have to completely rebuild. 

I just want to see him partnered with someone who will get as many goals as him and be a real duel threat upfront for us. we all thought that might be Slimani but he still needs to impress and don't get me started on Musa!

12 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Without Mahrez we have players who can step into his shoes.

Without Vardy we'd have to change the way we play as a collective and that's easier said than done.

Be careful mate, you're not allowed to say anything negative about Mahrez. Apparently he's exempt from any form of criticism. 

I can't see JV leaving in the summer. 

1. His age.

2. The club won't sell unless someone pays mega bucks, which I doubt anyone will because of number 1.

3. He seems happy and settled in Leicester and if Shakey gets the job, all the players seem to like and respect him.

4. He seems the type of guy that wants to play every week rather than be rotated like he would be at a top club. 

5. Let's be honest, the only English clubs that can sign our players are the top 6. Can't see any of them wanting him at his age. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

1. His age.

2. The club won't sell unless someone pays mega bucks, which I doubt anyone will because of number 1.

3. He seems happy and settled in Leicester and if Shakey gets the job, all the players seem to like and respect him.

4. He seems the type of guy that wants to play every week rather than be rotated like he would be at a top club. 

5. Let's be honest, the only English clubs that can sign our players are the top 6. Can't see any of them wanting him at his age. 

I agree, I think he will stay. And I think he will do a decent job next season, if we continue to play to his strength, my concern is his fitness. While it is true he hasn't trained or played as hard for so long at the top as many players, he has done physical work, and he isn't known to look after his body (skittle vodka), combine that with how much stress he puts his body under in a game, and he can't keep it up for a long time. We need to find a replacement in the next window, and have them work with Vardy next season to understand how we play, and so that Vardy can take a game off now and again, and we have someone who can fill in for him.

I think Vardy will stay. He is still vastly underrated by the mainstream media. His goalscoring is well documented of course as is his pace, but the more subtle aspects to his game - passing, interplay and movement are sublime at times and he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. One of the best strikers to have played for us in my lifetime.

I would not be at all suprised to see Mahrez and Kasper go though.....

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

1. His age.

6. He was captain for 10 minutes last night!

48 minutes ago, Royston. said:

fast forward 6 months and vardy has lost a yard of pace and we're all moaning,

"why didnt we cash in last summer?"

I agree with you that people moaning  would be the general concensus on here if Vardy loses form. But I don't think he'll lose a yard of pace for a few years yet. The fact he didn't play the game at this level of intensity during his younger years might mean his time at the top is prolonged

Kasper and Mahrez will both definitely go this time, either to Champions League football for next season or a club much more likely than us to qualify for it in future.

If a good offer came in for Vardy considering his age/wages we'd be silly not to accept it.

I can see a lot of changes in personnel. Slimani/Musa may both leave. Ulloa will go.

I can see us having to bring in 8 new players and losing 6/7. Lots of work for the scouts to be done and Mr Rudkin!

1 minute ago, maddog said:

Kasper and Mahrez will both definitely go this time, either to Champions League football for next season or a club much more likely than us to qualify for it in future.

If a good offer came in for Vardy considering his age/wages we'd be silly not to accept it.

I can see a lot of changes in personnel. Slimani/Musa may both leave. Ulloa will go.

I can see us having to bring in 8 new players and losing 6/7. Lots of work for the scouts to be done and Mr Rudkin!

It will take big bids to get them out of here. Unlike Kante, they don't have release clauses that we know of. I would only let kasper go to one of the top 6 if he's guaranteed to play. And I certainly wouldn't sell him to Everton. United would want him if De Gea goes to Real and same with Chelsea if real went for Courtois. Spurs won't want him as they have lloris so that just leaves arsenal and Liverpool. Think he'd be a fool to go to Arsenal. 

This summers transfer window is likely to be one of the most important if not "the" most important one we've ever had I think. Both in terms of outgoings & incomings.

We have a new manager, some tasty young players in Ndidi, Gray & Chilwell and real jewels in Vardy, Kasper & Mahrez to retain, some upgrades needed, some who still need to prove themselves, and some who may need to move on to other clubs to get games.

Much biting of nails and tearing of hair to look forward to I suspect.

16 hours ago, Max Power said:

Don't see a big club paying what it would cost to buy him, especially at his age.

Got big hugs from Simeone at the end though, maybe they'll go for him. Miles better than Torres.

Perhaps Simeone will try to sign him for Arsenal.

6 hours ago, Xen said:

He'll be here next season.

We're the ones who brought him into the football league, nurtured him, stuck with him through the tough times. He's had unimaginable success with us, is the embodiment of the team's ethos, all the players are like family. Not forgetting that - apart from a short break - Shakespeare has been here ever since Vardy joined, so if he gets the permanent job (as I expect he will) then that could also help..

I think he has a lot more affection for the club than he's being given credit for.

The only way I can see him leaving is if a top European side came in for him. The only side I can think of which would play to his strengths is Atletico, so unless they come knocking I can't see him wanting to leave. I can't see it though.

When was the short break Shakey took while Vardy has been here?

Archived