Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Video refereeing is a must next season

After watching Real - Bayern extra time, an offside goal basically decided the faith of the rest of the game.

Of course not to mention the wrongful penalty that robbed us of any chance we had.

Oh yeah and of course Barcelona PSG as well.

With the technology here and ready to be used, 2017/18 needs to start off with video refereeing. The argument that it dehumanizes football cannot stand anymore after seeing so many wrongful decisions affect the faith of all these games.

6 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

You think that would make any difference?

Cheating UEFA officials can look at a video and still give a dishonest decision.

They aren't going to just start refereeing the game fairly.

Not if it's in view of the world. That wouldn't have been a pen in the first leg and Real would've had a goal disallowed. 

Still, it's all ifs and maybes. 

I'm happy with goal line technology. 

De Laet against Villa was MASSIVE!!!

7 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Cheating UEFA officials can look at a video and still give a dishonest decision.

We know UEFA will always favor Spanish sides, but with irrefutable evidence like video replays? I don't think they can get away with it to be honest. 

The referee was poor tonight but none of the decisions would have been reversed due to video technology as they weren't major decisions. He just seem to give every little thing towards them and not to us. A large part of refereeing is consistency in the decisions you make and the referee tonight certainly wasn't that. 

Just now, gcxttle said:

The referee was poor tonight but none of the decisions would have been reversed due to video technology as they weren't major decisions. He just seem to give every little thing towards them and not to us. A large part of refereeing is consistency in the decisions you make and the referee tonight certainly wasn't that. 

It's not about tonight. It's about the penalty in the first leg. We could have gone through with minor decisions, but we cannot do anything when free penalties are given.

2 minutes ago, gcxttle said:

I thought he was good tonight :unsure:

6 minutes ago, Redouane said:

It's not about tonight. It's about the penalty in the first leg. We could have gone through with minor decisions, but we cannot do anything when free penalties are given.

Surely can't be a coincidence that in 4 champions league legs we've had 3 penalties against us an in my eyes only one was a penalty and that was the one in Seville. In general I think the overall refereeing in the champions league has been poor. The greatest club competition in the world, containing the best teams, with the best players, with bang average referees, c'mon UEFA. 

6 minutes ago, gcxttle said:

Surely can't be a coincidence that in 4 champions league legs we've had 3 penalties against us an in my eyes only one was a penalty and that was the one in Seville. In general I think the overall refereeing in the champions league has been poor. The greatest club competition in the world, containing the best teams, with the best players, with bang average referees, c'mon UEFA. 

Well they know Leicester - PSG wouldn't generate as much income as say Atletico Madrid - Juventus.  

I mean take today as an example. There was barely any hype for the game. On football shows, social media, ect. All they talked about is Real Madrid and Barcelona. No one gave a crap about Leicester. Not even British media. I actively watch YouTube football shows which are mainly British and even they barely mention Leicester. 

Will probably never happen. 

Governing bodies like the fact that football is controversial and it also allows them to favour certain teams. 

There is no surprise that Spanish teams reach finals/win every year yet English teams now struggle to reach the quarters. 

29 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

Governing bodies like the fact that football is controversial and it also allows them to favour certain teams. 

There is no surprise that Spanish teams reach finals/win every year yet English teams now struggle to reach the quarters. 

Well when video refereeing was used in France - Spain friendly, it still went in Spain's favor. ;)  

21 hours ago, EGBFitness said:

Nothing to do with English teams being inferior, of course.

Said too much on here regarding VAR.

I'm a big fan for its introduction, ASAP.

So, stick with the plan...

Introduce to next seasons FA Cup.

Introduce to Russia 2018 World Cup Finals.

Hopefully, Introduce Premier League 2018-19, full scale. 

Nobody will look back.

On 18/04/2017 at 22:58, Kitchandro said:

No but they might be more answerable for getting it wrong given there'd be no excuse. I've still to hear one valid reason for not using technology. 

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 00:00, Redouane said:

Well they know Leicester - PSG wouldn't generate as much income as say Atletico Madrid - Juventus.  

I mean take today as an example. There was barely any hype for the game. On football shows, social media, ect. All they talked about is Real Madrid and Barcelona. No one gave a crap about Leicester. Not even British media. I actively watch YouTube football shows which are mainly British and even they barely mention Leicester. 

You are joking. Did you not see what happened last season. The prem had more worldwide exposure than it's ever had.

Every country in the world reported on it. News papers in tiny American towns doing spreads on us. TV debates on how to say Leicester.

The whole world bought into our story. Just as it would had we made the CL final. Little Leicester would have more pulling power than a Real Barca game.

UEFA would have been quid's in had we made the final.

VAR is being trialled here in Aus. They seem to have struck a good balance between interference/delays and good decision making by just trying to correct clearly wrong decisions in 4 areas, Red cards, Goals, Penalties and Mistaken Identity. I'm not sure whether any decisions have actually been overturned yet.

Personally I'm all in favour, though we'd have to accept that sometimes decisions might cost as well as benefit us. Anything to reduce the opportunities for corruption, incompetence and just plain old mistakes.

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

You are joking. Did you not see what happened last season. The prem had more worldwide exposure than it's ever had.

Every country in the world reported on it. News papers in tiny American towns doing spreads on us. TV debates on how to say Leicester.

The whole world bought into our story. Just as it would had we made the CL final. Little Leicester would have more pulling power than a Real Barca game.

UEFA would have been quid's in had we made the final.

Are you comparing the prem with the champions league final with Juventus - Real (for example). Really? 

Truth is the champions league does not just attract football fans, they attract a general population. Everyone knows who Juve and Real Madrid are, not everyone knows who Leicester is. And for the average Joe, watching a game with two legendary teams is more inciting than watching a game with a team they don't know. 

Seriously I sometime watch YouTube reaction videos on Mahrez, Vardy, ect (I know, I hate myself for doing it), and most of them have no clue who Leicester is even after all the exposure they got last year. 

5 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

So, stick with the plan...

Introduce to next seasons FA Cup.

Introduce to Russia 2018 World Cup Finals.

Hopefully, Introduce Premier League 2018-19, full scale.

Is there some standard as to what will be deemed reviewable (i.e. goals, cards and PKs) ?  Or each governing body to decide that separately?

47 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Is there some standard as to what will be deemed reviewable (i.e. goals, cards and PKs) ?  Or each governing body to decide that separately?

Still much speculation at present.

As Wigston Wanderer states regarding Aussie Soccer above, similarly the areas mentioned have been Red cards, Goals (Offsides), Penalties and Mistaken Identity. I reckon they'll add Simulation and Corners to that. 

I'm hoping the trials have worked out all the faults and its ready to go. 

On 20/04/2017 at 21:50, Danny Clender said:

Still much speculation at present.

As Wigston Wanderer states regarding Aussie Soccer above, similarly the areas mentioned have been Red cards, Goals (Offsides), Penalties and Mistaken Identity. I reckon they'll add Simulation and Corners to that. 

I'm hoping the trials have worked out all the faults and its ready to go. 

In the Aussie trial, the stated objective is to overturn howlers only, not try to ref the whole match. I think this is best in the short term. It can always be extended in the future depending on how well it works out. As it stands I don't think it can possibly do any harm and most probably will improve standards in much the same way as goal line tech has improved things.

In the match I watched today there were a couple of decisions that were reviewed (while play continued) but nothing was overturned. There was also a penalty decision which was fairly borderline if I'm remembering correctly.

On 20/04/2017 at 08:55, WigstonWanderer said:

VAR is being trialled here in Aus. They seem to have struck a good balance between interference/delays and good decision making by just trying to correct clearly wrong decisions in 4 areas, Red cards, Goals, Penalties and Mistaken Identity. I'm not sure whether any decisions have actually been overturned yet.

Personally I'm all in favour, though we'd have to accept that sometimes decisions might cost as well as benefit us. Anything to reduce the opportunities for corruption, incompetence and just plain old mistakes.

I think a pen was given in the first game it was used.

Ref missed a handball and the video ref buzzed him

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I think a pen was given in the first game it was used.

Ref missed a handball and the video ref buzzed him

Ah, thanks for that. Actually I'm quite surprised that they overturned a handball decision as they are usually quite subjective. Must have been obviously deliberate.

Archived