Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxxed

Arsenal away next in the prem

On 19/04/2017 at 01:20, brucey said:

they have a FA cup semi final vs Man City 3 days before this game, and Tottenham away 3 days after. we have a week's break.

our away form is still pretty abysmal, but reckon we can get something. No doubt Shakey will have set them a new target of top half

I think regardless of the Man City result, they will be well up for trying to get 3 points against us. Because they know they're getting nil point at White Hart Lane. 

10 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I'm not that optimistic about this.

Arsenal have been poor recently but most of their losses have been away from home.

I think Palace was their low point and even though a win away at Middlebrough is hardly amazing, I think it'll give them the confidence to kick on a bit and push both Manchester clubs for 4th.

They'll lose V city at the weekend an the atmosphere will be terrible for a home game anyway, they'll play their usual way which will play right into our hands I'd like to see Gray, Albrighton an Mahrez all start though. The fast counter attack will be more affective than pressing from the front in this one I reckon.

This is the perfect match for us to follow the Champions League exit.

There was always going to a lull after that adventure ended, but going to Emirates to, not only exact revenge on what happened last season, but also to prove to people that we are a very good side, is perfect for us right now.

Hated these bastards my entire life but never quite been sure why. Can't even think of a particular grievance like I can with Chelsea (1997 FA Cup), Spurs (Wembley 1999; fans), Man Utd (glory hunting fans) etc. My dad reckons it's in my genes because he's hated them since a game at Highbury in the 70s.

Always disliked their fans for their arrogance but could never quite put put my finger on it. Then come last February, I was in a bar in Cape Town with my fellow Foxes in Newlands, right outside the stadium for the cricket. Full of Arsenal fans. That second half was one of the most intense games of football I can ever remember. When they scored the winner right at the end it, rather than getting into trouble I had to go for a walk to clear my head - for me that was perhaps the most sickening, gut-wrenching defeat since Deeney Day - and eventually after walking about 5 miles home it hit me why - it IS the fans!

They are fundamentally the most arrogant, self-entitled, demented and deluded scumbags in football. Something that permeates through the club, leaks out of every single pore. Just look at their celebrations and selfies at the end - calm down lads, you've just taken 95 minutes to beat Leicester and there's still 3 months of the season to go. 

We owe these fvckers a beating - I hope Vardy scores a hatrick and celebrates by pretending to take a fvcking selfie every time.

Our record against arsenal is horrendous! 

I hope they have a sh*tter and we put 3 past them lol

if we can hold out for 60 minutes or so and pressure them into making mistakes all over the pitch that may be enough for the anti wenger brigade to turn on their team & that can only help us! 

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hated these bastards my entire life but never quite been sure why. Can't even think of a particular grievance like I can with Chelsea (1997 FA Cup), Spurs (Wembley 1999; fans), Man Utd (glory hunting fans) etc. My dad reckons it's in my genes because he's hated them since a game at Highbury in the 70s.

Always disliked their fans for their arrogance but could never quite put put my finger on it. Then come last February, I was in a bar in Cape Town with my fellow Foxes in Newlands, right outside the stadium for the cricket. Full of Arsenal fans. That second half was one of the most intense games of football I can ever remember. When they scored the winner right at the end it, rather than getting into trouble I had to go for a walk to clear my head - for me that was perhaps the most sickening, gut-wrenching defeat since Deeney Day - and eventually after walking about 5 miles home it hit me why - it IS the fans!

They are fundamentally the most arrogant, self-entitled, demented and deluded scumbags in football. Something that permeates through the club, leaks out of every single pore. Just look at their celebrations and selfies at the end - calm down lads, you've just taken 95 minutes to beat Leicester and there's still 3 months of the season to go. 

We owe these fvckers a beating - I hope Vardy scores a hatrick and celebrates by pretending to take a fvcking selfie every time.

I also have an irrational hatred of Arsenal as well. My old boy detests them so probably learned behaviour. Their sheer arrogance of being disappointed with being in the top 4 of the last 20 years or so. Another team that may well drop down following the departure of Wenger.

The main reason I'm hoping we destroy Arsenal is because I really want their fans to turn on their players in front of ours.

If their fans are silly enough to start singing that "not fit to wear the shirt" song, that basically guarantees that they won't be able to steal any of our players in summer.

I think a battling draw will be the outcome. Similar to Palace, where we score a couple, but they claw their way back into the game and we keep out a late surge and settle for a 2-2. 

Hoping to see Gray start or at least get a decent chunk of game time. I expect Shakey will go back to the tried and tested 4-4-1-1 with the usual lot. 

50 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I also have an irrational hatred of Arsenal as wändernell. My old boy detests them so probably learned behaviour. Their sheer arrogance of being disappointed with being in the top 4 of the last 20 years or so. Another team that may well drop down following the departure of Wenger.

I reckon it comes from the late 60s, through the 70s.

Last minute goals, every fans thoughts that they always had the ref...

Then for Leicester direct poor descisions...penalties, pushes, their offsides, then the Farrington offside that

never was in the FA cup (he was in his own half)..Most was like all top teams they got the rub of the green,

or won the 50/50s. Plus they actually had some great players.That tends to get the avg side fans going..envy.

Back then, hating Forest and Arsenal was routine....Then over different periods, one had Cloughie the other

then landed Wenger, it hurt and pained us, but they had Managers playing good football .

Chelsea in contrast was probably, for many years many a Fans 2nd team.

City fans took the hump, because of That penalty incident, and then they found success with the oligarch Abro.!!!

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I reckon it comes from the late 60s, through the 70s.

Last minute goals, every fans thoughts that they always had the ref...

Then for Leicester direct poor descisions...penalties, pushes, their offsides, then the Farrington offside that

never was in the FA cup (he was in his own half)..Most was like all top teams they got the rub of the green,

or won the 50/50s. Plus they actually had some great players.That tends to get the avg side fans going..envy.

Back then, hating Forest and Arsenal was routine....Then over different periods, one had Cloughie the other

then landed Wenger, it hurt and pained us, but they had Managers playing good football .

Chelsea in contrast was probably, for many years many a Fans 2nd team.

City fans took the hump, because of That penalty incident, and then they found success with the oligarch Abro.!!!

I dont think Chelsea 70/80's were anyones second side. They definitely would not have been any city fans second side. Bigger rivalry than florets' and the sheep back then.

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Trying living in the south surrounded by them. It is sheer entitlement in its most sincere form, when they lose it's like 'how dare this happen'. Every Arsenal fan in our whatsapp group refuses to acknowledge even one achievement of Leicester the last 3 years.  When we won the league one guy just said "you won't be so happy when we pinch all your players".

My mates are wank.

44 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Trying living in the south surrounded by them. It is sheer entitlement in its most sincere form, when they lose it's like 'how dare this happen'. Every Arsenal fan in our whatsapp group refuses to acknowledge even one achievement of Leicester the last 3 years.  When we won the league one guy just said "you won't be so happy when we pinch all your players".

My mates are wank.

That went well for them didn't it? One left to their far superior local rivals and another actually used them to get a better deal at Leicester City!

What worse for them, those players progressed further in the Champions League than Arsenal have in almost 10 years, and conceded fewer in their Champions League history than Arsenal did in two bloody games.

I'm sure they'll respond with "try qualifying every year for 20 years" - if they use that then they can't complain about Wenger, EVER.

For some reason I become Kevin Keegan when talking about Arsenal. But I really would fcking love it if we beat them.

Archived