Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxxed

Arsenal away next in the prem

9 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Simpson at centre back? Get out

He played there against Atletico in the second half? To play 3 at the back, the RCB and LCB need to be comfortable defending out wide & also comfortable passing the ball into midfield. Simpson is very capable of playing in this position.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Not sure 352/343 will work with our defenders. It works for Chelsea cos they have quick mobile defenders. We got old slow CBs who are uncomfortable with being dragged out wide.

Tbf we didn't do too badly last time we played 3atb at the Emirates and that was with upson being part of that 3 lol 

51 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Why 3 instead of 4 though? 

- Morgan is a big loss. I think 3 at the back would help us deal with his absence. Benalouane has done ok, but he's not as great as he's made out to be. We've conceded 10 goals in 7 games when he's played & he's unfortunately been at fault for 4 of them.

- Arsenal will most likely play 3 at the back, but their CM's are defensively fragile. Having Mahrez in the middle will cause them problems.

- Ulloa will bully their CB's in the air.

- Our second half performance playing 3 at the back against Atletico was very encouraging. Arsenals defence are very suspect and our direct approach in this formation could open them up.

5 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

- Our second half performance playing 3 at the back against Atletico was very encouraging. Arsenals defence are very suspect and our direct approach in this formation could open them up.

Atletico defending a lead away from home in a CL quarter final is a very different proposition to Arsenal playing in front of their home fans.  They will look to attack much more than Madrid.

Azpilicueta has, for me, been the best centre half in the league this season and he's about 5 foot 6.

Height isn't a problem when Huth is next to you. It's not like Simpson is a midget anyway. 5 foot 10 is taller than most strikers in the league to be fair.

4 hours ago, onekeithweller said:

Merson.

Things can change very quickly in football. After Sunday's win, Arsene Wenger is now manager of the year, isn't he? Credit where credit's due though because that was a massive confidence-restoring win for Arsenal and Arsene. The goal they let in was U10s defending but they came back against a good Manchester City team. It was a big, big football result for Arsenal and for the manager, and it will propel them to a win over Leicester.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1

Mersons been on the spliff again. 

Merson is so full of sh it and has his gooney tinted spectacles on,even if Arsehole Wenger got Arsenhole relegated he'd still say he was the best manager ever!

Merson is a tool and I take everything he says with a pound of salt,I would so love us to take them apart and treat them to a 5-0 hammering from us !!

:schmike:

A point would be a fantastic result especially as Arsenal were very very good against Man City. If they play like that against us they will win 2-0. Let's hope they have an off day and we manage to sneak a draw. Every point is vital now.

Our record there is terrible it would be nice to win for a change.

8 minutes ago, les-tah said:

They might play 3 at the back again.. so lets not match there formation and try beat them man for man because they still have quality players.

Lets stick to what we know and try beat them our way.

Their formation... 

12 hours ago, brucey said:

http://www.not606.com/threads/arsenal-v-leicester.346809/

An excellently written match preview lol

Nice preview; and I got a feeling they will be up for it as much as us at least for the first twenty minutes.

It's vital we don't concede early as their fans are twitchy at the moment. If we can do an Atletico and pack 8-9 in the narrow corridor of the edge of the box to the half way line we will hopefully keep them out. They don't often use width to attack as they like to slice through the middle. However In their last couple of games they have changed a wee bit and have used the flanks with the likes of Ox and even more so a three at the back helps this. That said we can't resort to "hoof it out to Jamie" and hoping he'll pick up scraps. If by some miracle he does he does then he's unlikely to have anyone near him for 5 seconds.

I think we should play Ulloa and Vardy, a gamble maybe but at least it shows our intent and I'd like to see Gray given a go too and preferably not when we are two goals down too. Let's see him come on and win it for us. 

10 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Kasper

Simpson Huth Benny Fuchs

Gray Drinky Ndidi Albrighton

Mahrez

Vardy

Spot on...I'll go with that, and then you always have the option of Mahrez back wide and Ulloa up top to go more direct if needed.

I think it is well worth trying Mahrez in behind Vardy more regularly over the last few games, teams have marked him out of games too easily this year out wide, if he can be given a free role in between the midfield and up front he may be more of an influence?

16 minutes ago, Leicester69 said:

Spot on...I'll go with that, and then you always have the option of Mahrez back wide and Ulloa up top to go more direct if needed.

I think it is well worth trying Mahrez in behind Vardy more regularly over the last few games, teams have marked him out of games too easily this year out wide, if he can be given a free role in between the midfield and up front he may be more of an influence?

Mahrez isn't pacey enough to be on the wing, I think he should make a permanent move to central free role, where he can use his passing, dribbling and shooting abilities better. 

16 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Mahrez isn't pacey enough to be on the wing, I think he should make a permanent move to central free role, where he can use his passing, dribbling and shooting abilities better. 

No defintely not you definitely wouldnt see him picking up the play of the year award from the wing....... :rolleyes:

Archived