Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

British and Irish Lions 2017

8 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

What a game! Some stupid, needless penalties given away by the Lions and poor concentration to concede the two tries when we looked clear, but some players have really put themselves up for the test squad. Henderson simply MUST be in there, he's been outstanding despite having to take 10 mins in the bin.

But he DID get yellow carded and it is a position in which there's a lot of competition.

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But he DID get yellow carded and it is a position in which there's a lot of competition.

Yes he did, but he's still been one of the top performers and in my opinion, he should still be in the match day squad at the very least. 

No choice there.

Very, very silly SBW. Ten years ago you forgive him those shoulder charges, it's even what you select him for.

He's old enough now and had long enough now to adjust to the rules and he just knows he can't do that.

Probably one of my favourite ever sportsmen but you can't do that.

It is a good opportunity but it's also a shame.

I don't want to beat them "because" they had a man down. Especially in the cake tin, in the rain, playing well where we have a real chance of winning anyway.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It is a good opportunity but it's also a shame.

I don't want to beat them "because" they had a man down. Especially in the cake tin, in the rain, playing well where we have a real chance of winning anyway.

Was thinking the same thing. 

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Jack Nowell really isn't an international quality rugby player, let alone a Lion. Ugh.

Absolutely ludicrous to charge in from the side like that and give the opposition three points and what looks like it will be a tight match.

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Watching on a NZ Stream (TSN2) and again the commentators again are quite refeshing. Impartial and insightful.

Try and get the names at the start of the second half.

Is it Grant "Nisbo" Nisbitt with one of either Andrew "Merts" Mertens or Justin "Razzle Dazzle!" Marshall?

11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Watching on a NZ Stream (TSN2) and again the commentators again are quite refeshing. Impartial and insightful.

Did any of them suggest penalty try regarding the last play at the end of the half?

The kick goes up and the New Zealand player ends up knocking on in his in goal area... which to me looked like a deliberate action, so could be punishable by a 5 meter scrum OR penalty try, if deemed a scoring opportunity. 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Try and get the names at the start of the second half.

Is it Grant "Nisbo" Nisbitt with one of either Andrew "Merts" Mertens or Justin "Razzle Dazzle!" Marshall?

Yeah its Grant Nisbitt and Justin Marshall. 

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Yeah its Grant Nisbitt and Justin Marshall. 

Great commentary team.

Nisbo is class. Marshall (Boomfah) isn't the most popular character in New Zealand, they find him a bit of a clown but I like him, makes me chuckle.

Archived