Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leamington Fox

Support from Atletico fans

I have to say credit where it's due, the Atletico fans were great last night. Very loud and classy in victory. 

However as said above, no less than our players and supporters deserve. 

Still brimming with pride 

La afición del #Atleti aplaudiendo y animando a la del Leicester al final. Ejemplo de Fair Play y educación. Un diez a ambas hinchadas.

The fans of #Atleti applauding and cheering for Leicester at the end. Fair Play example and education. A ten to both swollen.

It looked to me as though some were doing the 'we're not worthy' to L1? Great support all night and extremely sporting. Not always easy to be classy winners but I thought their players, fans and manager pulled it off last night.

I think both sets of players and fans came out of the two games with a lot of respect for each other.

I'd love to see them go and win it now.

Guest CityFan 06

I like their style of play, something for us to aspire to. Top team and a decent set of fans seemingly too.

I was disappointed with Simeone and their players in the first leg, constantly gesturing yellow cards, to try get our player's banned and also have no idea why Simeone didn't shake Shakey's hand at the end of that match. I will put it down to a unmerciful competitive spirit and I was much more impressed with their team and manager last night. They all had very kind words about us and how great was it to hear that they were fearful of us and what we could achieve. How far we have come :blush:

We saw what happened after the first leg. Simeone was a mardy Bellend cause he knew they would have a tough job at the KP with only a 1 goal lead.

Now if we had managed to win the game 3-1 last night do you think Simeone would have been as gracious in defeat? Not a chance. He only said those things cause they weathered the storm and progressed. It's easy to say nice things when you have won.

His reaction from the first leg says more to me than last night.

Great to see. Proud of the performance last night but massive respect and pride seeing them chant Leicester. 

No problems with their fans in the first leg either with most very helpful and happy to talk. Shame about Simone waving imaginary cards, the ref and baton happy police. (Looks like they were at it with Bayern last night too). 

Hope they go on to win it. At least we can say we went out to the champions too :)

Had a good chat with some Atletico fans last night and a good few handshakes and hugs before the game with random fans. Always nice. Have done it for all the CL games - made an effort to mingle with them outside the visitors entrance with my son.

Archived