Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leamington Fox

Support from Atletico fans

Respect is a much harder thing to achieve in football than victories

Even though it still stings a bit, we could not have gone out of the competition in a better fashion - and i hope Atletico go on to win it, they've gained a soft spot from me, they're different - like us - and we need to look at them and realise we must continue to be different in order to achieve success.

I've said it before i'd watch international football if that was what the England team was doing - playing with heart and leaving it out on the pitch.

I thought their fans were very classy last night :) 

I really enjoyed chatting with Atletico fans in Madrid too, all were friendly and had nice things to say about us. I was slightly anxious about sitting in the home end (although in an area where away fans were officially allowed) but needn't have worried as it was a great experience. Hope they go on to win it. 

It's weird. Atlético were a team I never liked before. They were just that team that always put us out of Europe and I associated THAT refereeing performance with them (as if it was their fault). Now I feel like they could be my second team. They play with similar qualities to us and their fans are great. At least the ones I met.

I'm not interested in their 'class' now they've gone through.

Where was all this sportsmanship and fair play when we were getting cheated out of the competition? When they were winning free kicks by diving? Where was the decency then?

Nah, I've got no time for them. Even the fans, with their tiny following and 'diving is part of the game' bullshit. Fvck them.

Despite the fact we were outclassed by a top team, and our manager thought the best way for us to score was to bring on defenders, you'd be a very blinkered man to not accept that both games were a total fix (again). 

I wish Atletico as a club nothing but ill.

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Where was all this sportsmanship and fair play when we were getting cheated out of the competition? When they were winning free kicks by diving? Where was the decency then?

Nah, I've got no time for them. Even the fans, with their tiny following and 'diving is part of the game' bullshit. Fvck them.

Despite the fact we were outclassed by a top team, and our manager thought the best way for us to score was to bring on defenders, you'd be a very blinkered man to not accept that both games were a total fix (again). 

The subs he made caused a huge stir and changed the game completely in our favour.....not sure what you were watching but we had multiple chances to give them some worry

Hello Leicester´s fans. First of all I want you to apologize my English.

I come here because yesterday I came here to read your post-game impressions and I ran into a message from a supossed fan from Atletico that was insulting you. I am very proud of my team and how our fans are. I imagine that he was a stupid that came here to look for a row. I have to tell you that since your historic achievement last year (for me probably the best football achievement ever) your team have turned into my favourite foreign team. At high school all my friends and I didn`t believe it and we are still in shock XD. Yesterday you maybe deserved something more but the justice doesn´t exist in football. My team and the fans are very proud of our team but also of your team and your fans because we see you as our copy (or maybe we are your copy XD). Nowadays football depends a lot of the money you are able to get but teams like Leicester and Atletico (now we have more money but these in thanks to the last five years, time when we have been compiting with teams like Real Madrid or Barcelona, teams that could be perfectly removed by your team) remember us that with heart, a good manager and  great great supporters all can be possible.

PD: I know that you are a little disappointed with Simeone`s attitude at the first leg but I promise you that he does it every game because he is always very nervous even when we are winning 3-0 against Osasunalol. He is a good man and he reaaly thinks what he said about you.

2 minutes ago, Atletico fan said:

PD: I know that you are a little disappointed with Simeone`s attitude at the first leg but I promise you that he does it every game because he is always very nervous even when we are winning 3-0 against Osasunalol. He is a good man and he reaaly thinks what he said about you.

welcome mate your comments are nice, personally when Simeone was going round shaking our players hands I was willing Vardy to knock him out instead after he spent the first leg trying to get him banned

2 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

It's weird. Atlético were a team I never liked before. They were just that team that always put us out of Europe and I associated THAT refereeing performance with them (as if it was their fault). Now I feel like they could be my second team. They play with similar qualities to us and their fans are great. At least the ones I met.

If you're talking about the MON team, it was their fault IMO.  Money must have changed hands, it was that blatant.  When have you ever seen a player sent off for taking a free kick too quickly before or since?

4 hours ago, Treacle Fox said:

Amazing scenes considering the loutish behaviour by a section of our fans over there.  If the Atletico fans had trashed our main square I very much doubt Leicester fans would have displayed the same level of respect in the return leg.

You forgot to mention the loutish behaviour of the local policia.

Atletico are the best team I have seen at the KP this season though we did have a good go in the second half but never really took our chances, it was a fun night and it would be nice to taste European football nights again.

Hopefully we can build and go after a European spot next season :)

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

You think both games were a total fix but everyone else is blinkered?

Fvcking hell take a look at yourself in the mirror. Jesus Christ.

2 hours ago, murphy said:

If you're talking about the MON team, it was their fault IMO.  Money must have changed hands, it was that blatant.  When have you ever seen a player sent off for taking a free kick too quickly before or since?

We'll never know. I'd be more inclined to believe it was some corrupt UEFA officials.

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

We'll never know. I'd be more inclined to believe it was some corrupt UEFA officials.

Well we have all seen good, bad and terrible refereeing performances, but that is the one and only time in my life that I was convinced that I had just witnessed a referee that had been bought.

Just now, murphy said:

Well we have all seen good, bad and terrible refereeing performances, but that is the one and only time in my life that I was convinced that I had just witnessed a referee that had been bought.

I agree with you. Not sure we can blame Atlético though seeing as there is no evidence their officials were involved. It could have been a betting syndicate for all we know.

19 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I was not sure if you were being serious, but I fear you were.  Even the most battle-hardened conspiracy theorist would struggle to argue that either game was fixed.  This is nonsense, mate.

Oh yes, and no Leicester player ever takes a dive or feigns an injury, obvs.

We were beaten fairly and squarely by an excellent team, whose fans were genuinely magnanimous in victory.  Let's match that by showing some grace and class in defeat.

1 hour ago, Leamington Fox said:

I was not sure if you were being serious, but I fear you were.  Even the most battle-hardened conspiracy theorist would struggle to argue that either game was fixed.  This is nonsense, mate.

Oh yes, and no Leicester player ever takes a dive or feigns an injury, obvs.

We were beaten fairly and squarely by an excellent team, whose fans were genuinely magnanimous in victory.  Let's match that by showing some grace and class in defeat.

Spot on mate.

Spontaneous applause and cheering from Athletico fans I assume in relief but also in respect for a team and fans who gave everything. I think we should look to reciprocate with a touch of grace and style as well.

The Sevilla fans were equally as classy, they turned and applauded us as one. Unfortunately I think it is we who need to learn from them, hopefully next time we are in Europe we can behave with as much class as the European fans that I have seen have towards us. 

On 19/04/2017 at 15:15, Treacle Fox said:

Amazing scenes considering the loutish behaviour by a section of our fans over there.  If the Atletico fans had trashed our main square I very much doubt Leicester fans would have displayed the same level of respect in the return leg.

The Atletico fans know how bad the Spanish police are, so they probably see it at every home fixture 

Archived