Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leamington Fox

Support from Atletico fans

Classy, a real refreshing change in football.

Sad that a great many of ours feel the need to keep up the bullshit macho 'still hate them' bollocks.

I like the similarities between the two clubs and we should use them as an example of how to move forward style wise.

Oh and they would absolutely destroy the Premier League.

http://enniosotanaz.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/jazz.html?m=1

Interesting blog this - Atleti fan actually comments that he can't believe English teams are more direct and applauds us on it. 

The comments are full of praise for Vardy. There was a recognition that second half was a football battle. 22 players zapped of energy at the end. We went toe to toe but just couldn't get the final blows in.

Hi Leicester friends,

I am one of those Atlético de Madrid supporters who were in your nice stadium last Tuesday and recognized your effort and values at the end of the match.

I have registered into your forum just to thank you. The experience in Leicester was amazing. Very good atmosphere in the fan zone with families and fans of both teams. I had the chance to talk with some of you and I really like they way you live football and support your team.

The Champions Leage needs more team like Leicester and less like Real Madrid or Barcerlona. You fought with passion till the end and demonstrated all Europe that football is not about money but about courage.

I think our teams are similar. Atletico's anthem says: "They fight like brothers, defending their colors, playing in a noble and healthy way, always with courage and heart". I saw those values also in your team and supporters.

I hope you the best of lucks and that our paths cross again in the future.

"You know who you are" and you should be very proud!

I sat with the athletico fans (have some friends there who sorted me a ticket) and I must say they were very respectful towards us. That second half bombardment earned us their respect, I dont think they see that every week. Also the noise from our fans was insane! Good to see also after the came lots of leicester fans shaking hands with my mates and wishing them good luck, they have travelled everywhere and they said leicester was by far the most enjoyable experience theyve had

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 16:32, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Quite a lot of good words said about us on their forum, saying we are a credit to football and have proved ourselves to be more than just a joke team etc

Have you a link to their fans forum ?

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 16:34, FoxesDeb said:

The Sevilla fans were equally as classy, they turned and applauded us as one. Unfortunately I think it is we who need to learn from them, hopefully next time we are in Europe we can behave with as much class as the European fans that I have seen have towards us. 

The vast majority did....it was only a small minority in Madrid that tarnished things for us before the loutish police started.

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

This thread is funny. 

We're Premier League Champions and I find this all a bit patronising to be honest. 

I hate all if this nicety in football, it's not what's it's about for me.. 

Yes, it's better to be unpleasant and divisive, we need more of that sort of thing in society.

Always interesting to read comments like the one above about keeping up the macho bullshit we hate them stuff. So everyone is supposed to be nice and applaud each other at the end? Come on....some of us were in Madrid 20 years back watching them cheat and dive around, they still do it now and conned two very weak refs and their manager is no better. Let people love and hate. Thats football rivalry and respect!

57 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes, it's better to be unpleasant and divisive, we need more of that sort of thing in society.

49 minutes ago, Karljohn said:

Always interesting to read comments like the one above about keeping up the macho bullshit we hate them stuff. So everyone is supposed to be nice and applaud each other at the end? Come on....some of us were in Madrid 20 years back watching them cheat and dive around, they still do it now and conned two very weak refs and their manager is no better. Let people love and hate. Thats football rivalry and respect!

Who said they hate them? Who said we need to be unpleasant? Why is it being macho?

You know there is a middle ground between out right hate and being an over the top sycophant.

I just find them singing our name all a little embarrassing and people in this thread going over the top when receiving praise very disconcerting.

Just my opinion, I respect both of yours but disagree.

It is human nature to love to be loved. Personally I don't consider the Atletico fans' kind words, appreciation and genuine respect for us and what we have achieved as patronising in the slightest. On the contrary I find it heartwarming.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

This thread is funny. 

We're Premier League Champions and I find this all a bit patronising to be honest. 

I saw twenty-two players on the pitch at full-time look absolutely knackered. I saw two teams in the second half work their bollocks off. At the end, they can only be one winner sadly and Atleti hardly rubbed it in our faces. 

That's what football is all about for me. There was no over celebrations. Their players mostly went to ours after congratulating each other. 

Would you rather Atleti dismiss us as some 'lucky' or 'hoofball' team? They actually appreciate the way we do things. 

If you were talking about Sevilla, you'd be right. They never respected us. 

In an era where football fans talk more delight in seeing rivals lose than their own team win, it was refreshing. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I saw twenty-two players on the pitch at full-time look absolutely knackered. I saw two teams in the second half work their bollocks off. At the end, they can only be one winner sadly and Atleti hardly rubbed it in our faces. 

That's what football is all about for me. There was no over celebrations. Their players mostly went to ours after congratulating each other. 

Would you rather Atleti dismiss us as some 'lucky' or 'hoofball' team? They actually appreciate the way we do things. 

If you were talking about Sevilla, you'd be right. They never respected us. 

In an era where football fans talk more delight in seeing rivals lose than their own team win, it was refreshing. 

That's so true from my experience. I found the Atleti fans I met far friendlier and less aloof. Probably comes from being stuck sharing a city with presumably insufferable Real fans - we had a few laughs at their expense throughout the few days I spent in the capital! The best guy we talked to in Sevilla about football by far was a Real Betis fan - says it all, really!

Perhaps it's the Europa League success, or the praise they'd had in their title challenge (which, granted, has since fizzled out), but I got the feeling Sevilla had ideas above their stations when they played us, and didn't give us the respect we deserved. Which made beating them all the sweeter. Never got that feeling with Atletico. Even with a recent La Liga title under their belt, they seem pretty grounded and acknowledge that their success comes not from money, but from whole-hearted, full blooded football and teamwork. A lot like us, really.

I really hope they win it.

When did our fan-base become fart-sniffing limpets.

They knocked us out of the competition. That's it. Easy to sing when you've just gone through. They're a Spanish team who will not play us for another 30 years, we don't need to get misty eyed discussing the 'class' of a group of Spanish blokes.

Christ, it's gone to the dogs.

54 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Sure, here you go - in spanish though:

http://www.colchonero.com/

http://www.colchonero.com/leicester_city_vs_atletico_de_madrid_champions_league_16_17_1_4_vuelta-itemap-17-221146-78.htm

El Leicester es un equipo que dignifica este deporte
El Trampas es un equipo que NO dignifica este deporte

Translation: "Leicester is a team that dignifies this sport. El Trampas / Traps (aka Real Madrid) is a team that DOES NOT dignify this sport"

A mi el Leicester me causo una muy buena impresión.Fuerte,rapido,luchador con un futbol muy británico que no se porque algunos ningunean.Dan lo que tiene,van con todo y llegan hasta donde pueden.Quitando el pisotón a Saul,fue un partido noble;supieron perder.

Translation: "Leicester made a very good impression to me. Strong, fast, fighter with a very British football that do not know why some people do not respect .They go with everything and they get to where they can. Taking the stomp to Saul, it was a noble match, they knew how to be great in defeat."

Por cierto, impresionante el ambiente cuando los equipos saltaron al césped. Los mosaicos con banderas quedan espectaculares, ya que al ondearlas hace que el efecto visual sea muy bonito. También fueron curiosos los cañones de humo. Nuestros jugadores estaban alucinando, y eso que están acostumbrados a grandes ambientes.

Translation: "By the way, impressive the atmosphere when the teams jumped on the lawn. The mosaics with flags were spectacular, because when waving them makes a very beautiful visual effect. Also curious were the smoke guns. Our players were hallucinating despite they are accustomed to great environments."

33 minutes ago, bluesbrothers said:

That's so true from my experience. I found the Atleti fans I met far friendlier and less aloof. Probably comes from being stuck sharing a city with presumably insufferable Real fans - we had a few laughs at their expense throughout the few days I spent in the capital! The best guy we talked to in Sevilla about football by far was a Real Betis fan - says it all, really!

Perhaps it's the Europa League success, or the praise they'd had in their title challenge (which, granted, has since fizzled out), but I got the feeling Sevilla had ideas above their stations when they played us, and didn't give us the respect we deserved. Which made beating them all the sweeter. Never got that feeling with Atletico. Even with a recent La Liga title under their belt, they seem pretty grounded and acknowledge that their success comes not from money, but from whole-hearted, full blooded football and teamwork. A lot like us, really.

I really hope they win it.

As you say, this is exactly what Atletico didn't do, and this was reflected in that press conference with Godin prior to the game where he lavished praise on our club and said that Vardy would get into most teams in world football.

19 hours ago, foxile5 said:

When did our fan-base become fart-sniffing limpets.

What does this actually mean? How does this actually represent a reasonable argumentative position? 

I am guessing that you, and the poster who found a display of genuine respect 'embarrassing', struggle a little for self-respect.

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

What does this actually mean? How does this actually represent a reasonable argumentative position? 

I am guessing that you, and the poster who found a display of genuine respect 'embarrassing', struggle a little for self-respect.

I just liked the way it sounded. That's it. 

On 22/04/2017 at 08:51, Collymore said:

This thread is funny. 

That sort of attitude by politicians etc is why and how wars  start. 

Cold Unfriendly hostility. No empathy.

How dare our fans and opposite fans have a good  friendly attitude towards one another. Gordon bennet, we will be having a beer with em next and a laugh.

Just not on is it?

Archived