Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Did Our Golden Era Just end ?

We may have hit a peak and it's obvious we will have to change and adapt soon. But also maybe our natural level has altered slightly with our success, this could give us the edge in transfer competition over your Southampton and West Brom's over the next few decades. Short and mid term expectations are shifting, I think we can become a team that regularly competes for domestic cups and for europa league spots, and you never know have a freak season again.

I still think we can qualify for Europe again. Albeit could be the Europa league first.

If we can get a top half finish this season that would be some doing when you consider how s*** we've been for most of the season.

If some of those early performances had just been that little bit better, we could well have been where Everton are at the moment. On the cusp of Europe. 

Understandibly we wanted to hold on to our stars this season after what happened last year. But this season has showed it's the heart and desire that makes this team what they are. So if players aren't gonna give it their all at the club, I'd be inclined to let them go. I imagine we'd be getting rid of a lot of dead wood this summer too.

Hopefully our recruitment will be a lot better. More established signings who understand this league. I personally hope we get Shakey tied down as soon as possible, so that uncertainty goes and we can start planning for next season. Defence has to be a priority! 

Would like to see the likes of Chilwell get a more regular run in. And Tom Lawrence be given a chance in the first team squad. Matty James may get another look-in.

This definitely isn't the end. We'll be underdogs again, just the way Leicester like it! Let's go make the haters eat their words again.

And who knows? Without the added games, maybe we could finally have a cup-run. A win at Wembley is long overdue!

I think fans are under estimating just how good a team we are. I'm really positive for our future and think with a few new signings in key areas, we could be in the Europa league for many years and even in the Champions league the odd year. I remember Everton got 4th a few years back. Will we win the league, probably not, but that doesn't mean we can't have a positive future.

8 minutes ago, FuchingKante said:

Looking forward to settling down and establishing ourselves as a solid premier league side

That's fine to some extent, but to finish in 9th place over a few seasons and be satisfied with it like Stoke for example would crush my enthusiasm for the club in being unambitious imo and being comfortable in a particular area of the table.

But if the team adopts the same approach as they did in the second-half against Athletico Madrid, then they're bound to be higher than that and be at least where Everton and Arsenal are currently.

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We have some very talented youth players(gray,Chilwell,Ndidi etc) if we recruit well we can kick on and become a top 10 premier league club. 

But that would be a long way from 2015/16/17 (17 champions league) and that would suggest an end of a golden period 

maybe top ten would be classed as success ??

It's unfair to compare us to Stoke and West Brom. It's insulting to the calibre of players we have and our achivements. Stoke and West Brom haven't shown anything like the ambition we did. We're champions.

If we finish 7th or 8th at least in the next few seasons I'd like for it to happen. Southampton do alright for themselves.

Don't understand what's all this fuss about the end of an era... Just qualify for the Europa League next season, then win it the season after and then in three years we're back in the Champions League. Simples.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Don't understand what's all this fuss about the end of an era... Just qualify for the Europa League next season, then win it the season after and then in three years we're back in the Champions League. Simples.

To then win the CL and stay in it again lol

I think this team still has more twists and turns in it.  

This team and our rope a dope style of play allows us to punch above our weight, which is why we must keep Shakespeare for continuity.  If we try to play a conventional way, we'd just be Stoke.  If we play the 'Leicester way' anything is possible.

12 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

That's fine to some extent, but to finish in 9th place over a few seasons and be satisfied with it like Stoke for example would crush my enthusiasm for the club in being unambitious imo and being comfortable in a particular area of the table.

But if the team adopts the same approach as they did in the second-half against Athletico Madrid, then they're bound to be higher than that and be at least where Everton and Arsenal are currently.

So you were bored during the MON era then?  Until last year, those were the glory days in my lifetime and would be considered success in any era of the club's history.   

The owners have shown they aren't afraid to put the money made back into the club, which is more than a lot of the lower tier prem teams can say. What we need is decent scouts, so instead of spaffing 50million on stones or 90million for bang average pogba we can spend our money wisely.

Every year we hear "the big teams will improve!!!", who, honestly, out of the big teams has improved this season? Chelsea were always a top team, just in a wobble. Liverpool still wildly inconsistent, utd being carried by the finishing of zlatan who could move on, man city still have a doggo defense, everton players getting ready to move on to bigger things. I would say Spurs are the only team to improve, but every time they seem to make it they lose key players too.

Without the distraction of europe and with a few quality signings, we could easily be competing up there again. I'm sure of it.

Archived