Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Best opposition players that you've seen at the King Power/Filbert Street?

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Willian (Chelsea).

He was outstanding that day. He looked like a world beater. But it was in 14/15 and he was up against Konchesky. 

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Simple one really. Who are the best opposition players you've seen at our place? 

There are two that spring to mind for me, both from our time at Filbert St.

The first one that I recall was Steve McManaman for Liverpool, absolutely ran the show,

an all round brilliant game, so much so he was applauded off the pitch.

The other was Warren Barton, playing for Wimbledon, again a great game at right back

and also applauded off the pitch by the home fans.

You don't see (or hear) that very often!

Ruud van Nistelrooy and Alexis Sanvhez both scored a hattrick at our place.  Both were outstanding. 

For me it has to be Dennis Bergkamp. Genius player who scored a hattrick at Filbert Street. His 3rd goal was the best goal at our place up until Angel di Maria eclipsed that with a sensational goal in 14/15. People often forget Di Maria's goal because they bottled a 3-1 lead and we beat them 5-3.

Guest CityFan 06

Good thread...

• Atletico Madrid's backline 

• Antoine Griezmann 

• Ibrahimovic

• Milner 

• Kante (for Chelsea).

• Lallana

• Ben Foster / Lee Grant

• Smalling 

• Kosicenly 

• Kyle Walker

A bit of a 'left field' choice, but whenever I saw Stuart Pearce play against us at Filbo I always wished he played for us.

I hated how strong and quick he was and such a brilliant tackler. His free kicks were always a threat and he was a great captain for Forest back then.

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Always though Steven N'Zonzi has looked unplayable at our place although we had his number in the last game at the KP :D

Was going to mention his performance for Stoke in 2015, but thought i'd get laughed at for saying so. He was brilliant that day!

I thought Godin looked fairly average in all honesty, and i rate him as the best center half in Europe.

He was nowhere near as dominant as i thought he would be. Huth completely dominated him in the first leg as well.

Maybe it's just a case of him looking so good in Spain and top European games because he isn't a traditional European player, reminds me a lot more of a peak John Terry.

Archived