Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Best opposition players that you've seen at the King Power/Filbert Street?

Ronaldinho when Barca came back in 02/03... Can't remember which but i was a 10 year old boy who saw his hero.

Paul Scholes too, for his part in the 4-1 Man U win in 03/04 season, he was absolutely sensational, never seen a player so comfortable with a ball at his feet.

Laurie Cunningham tore us apart when WBA did us 5-0 at Filbert Street 1977.

The game that effectively ended Jimmy Bloomfields time at City.

Also shouts for Denis Bergkamp, 3-3 draw 1997 & Ruud Van Nistelroy, lost 4-1 2003.

Ronaldino, Puyol and all that Barca team in 2003

Real Madrid in 2012 or whenever we played them

A few from Atletico other night - Godin, Carrasco, Griezmann

The Arsenal teams between late 90s and 2004 - Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira - they were magic

Man Utd in 2003 - Ruuuuud got a hat trick, Keane as well.

Griezmann is probably the best player we've faced since we have come back up. I don't think there's anyone in the PL on that bloke's level. Just such a natural aura about his game. A massive talent.

Godin was ridiculously good as well.

Adriano Basso - Leicester 0-0 Bristol City 2008.

Dennis Bergkamp was simply amazing at Filbert. 

I dont know know why but Kinkladze of Man City always ran rings around us. 

Robbie Fowler once scored a great hat trick against us but that was against a pretty poor defence.

Ronaldhino when Barca came to play a friendly. I remembered that most in the ground booed him at the start, by the end, we gave him a standing ovation off the pitch.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Ruud van Nistelrooy and Alexis Sanvhez both scored a hattrick at our place.  Both were outstanding. 

For me it has to be Dennis Bergkamp. Genius player who scored a hattrick at Filbert Street. His 3rd goal was the best goal at our place up until Angel di Maria eclipsed that with a sensational goal in 14/15. People often forget Di Maria's goal because they bottled a 3-1 lead and we beat them 5-3.

Bergkamp's 3rd that night was better than di Maria's goal.

A few that spring to mind most from days past.

Best, Charlton, Law, 

Dalglish, Rush

Banks

Jimmy Greaves, Hoddle, Gascoigne

Bobby Moore Alan Ball, 

Colin Bell

I also saw Stanley Matthews but he was knocking on 50 but still good.

23 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ronaldhino when Barca came to play a friendly. I remembered that most in the ground booed him at the start, by the end, we gave him a standing ovation off the pitch.

Didn't he get sent off after about 20 minutes?

My memory of it was that he did and I was gutted, as I wanted to see him play!

I think Griezmann was excellent in the first half, probably the best player I've seen live for a while.

Prior to that - Bergkamp and Sanchez.

(I also saw George Best but that was at Nuneaton Boroughs ground, so doesn't count!) 

Kaspers dad.

Ronaldinho was decent.

Think i asked this years ago but try pick the best 11 you have seen live at our place.

In their prime i loved Scholes and loth to say it keane.

Saw lee sharpe make a right mug of grayson back in the day. It's a timeless and personal opinion type arguement but this is why we love the game.

I reckon Patrick berger had his best game ever for liverpool v us a filbert st.

As a few others have suggested rvn was unplayable that day. Mind you we were shite that day.

Juninho for Boro, had an unbelievable first half running through us like a slalom skier, Second half O'Niell told Grayson to man mark and follow him everywhere which reduced his threat considerably. He repeated the plan in the League cup final with Kaamark man marking him very well.

Only friendlies I know but Gazza in Walshy's testimonial and Gullit in a friendly v Chelsea. 

Lallana's second half in the game we beat Southampton 3-2 under Sven was ridiculous. Never seen anything like it in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Didn't he get sent off after about 20 minutes?

My memory of it was that he did and I was gutted, as I wanted to see him play!

I think Griezmann was excellent in the first half, probably the best player I've seen live for a while.

Prior to that - Bergkamp and Sanchez.

(I also saw George Best but that was at Nuneaton Boroughs ground, so doesn't count!) 

Cocu got sent off 

5 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Griezman was very good on Tuesday, but to say he was the best ever player based on that performance is sheer fan boy obscurity. Bolasie the year palace were promoted absolutely destroyed us. 

Griezman wasn't at his absolute best, but you could see that he just has so much class. He just finds space so easily. 

Archived