Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Best opposition players that you've seen at the King Power/Filbert Street?

On 20/04/2017 at 19:01, boots60 said:

Laurie Cunningham tore us apart when WBA did us 5-0 at Filbert Street 1977.

The game that effectively ended Jimmy Bloomfields time at City.

Also shouts for Denis Bergkamp, 3-3 draw 1997 & Ruud Van Nistelroy, lost 4-1 2003.

Can still vividly remember the Bloomfield out chants at that match. Still finished in the top half of the old division 1 that season despite losing our last 3 games.

Bloomfield resigned at the end of the season and everyone was thinking that McKlintock would lead us onwards and upwards. Things went from bad to worse and relegation to division 2 swiftly followed the next season.

57 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Duncan Edwards

Would loved to have seen him play. Had he lived could have won the World cup in 1962 and he probably would have been captain in 1966. 

A great read about him is the book "Duncan Edwards - The Greatest?"

15 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Can still vividly remember the Bloomfield out chants at that match. Still finished in the top half of the old division 1 that season despite losing our last 3 games.

Bloomfield resigned at the end of the season and everyone was thinking that McKlintock would lead us onwards and upwards. Things went from bad to worse and relegation to division 2 swiftly followed the next season.

Bloomfields Teams for 5 years....... Great Football.... Great Players.... Great Times...... God I feel old

On 20/04/2017 at 18:08, Spudulike said:

As a wide-eyed kid I saw George Best play at Filbert Street... and score.

Was that the goal from a free kick where the ref pushed us back to about 15 yards away from the ball from a free kick not far outside the box?

3 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Was that the goal from a free kick where the ref pushed us back to about 15 yards away from the ball from a free kick not far outside the box?

I really can't remember, to be honest. Hower, I do recall the Man Utd fans singing 'e for b and Georgie Best'.

3 hours ago, norwichfox said:

I really can't remember, to be honest. Hower, I do recall the Man Utd fans singing 'e for b and Georgie Best'.

Archived