Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

FRENCH ELECTIONS

Yes, I know, another thread on elections, which will begin shortly but the result of this will have a drastic effect on Brexit. In the two favourites we have a far left politician, and a far right politician.

Hopefully M.L.P. of the far right will win, as she is anti-Europe. That would be a hammer blow to the EU, and will give us far more leverage for a hard Brexit, which we need. She is also a French flagship, on clamping down on immigration!

My hope and belief, is that France and the UK, will become strongly bonded, on both the economic, and social front, if she wins.

5 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Macron isn't far left.

He's far left in DT eyes. Then again, that doesn't take much, probably means he sat next to Muslim on a train once or walked past one in the street.

Fillon is obviously the best candidate but he's a crook. Macron is an Ed Miliband clone who's never been elected to anything and Le Pen is a fascist. What a great choice.

11 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

My first thought when I saw this thread: Will DT be supporting Le Pen or not? Too far even for him I thought.

I reckon the line's probably somewhere between Mussolini and Hitler.

Just now, Mark_w said:

I reckon the line's probably somewhere between Mussolini and Hitler.

Nah I fully expect his summer holidays involve marching into Poland

1 hour ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Yes, I know, another thread on elections, which will begin shortly but the result of this will have a drastic effect on Brexit. In the two favourites we have a far left politician, and a far right politician.

Hopefully M.L.P. of the far right will win, as she is anti-Europe. That would be a hammer blow to the EU, and will give us far more leverage for a hard Brexit, which we need. She is also a French flagship, on clamping down on immigration!

My hope and belief, is that France and the UK, will become strongly bonded, on both the economic, and social front, if she wins.

Over-estimating Mélenchon slightly?

Some decent analysis on whether the terror attack will have any impact on the election: https://www.thelocal.fr/20170421/what-impact-will-champs-elysees-terror-shooting-have-on-the-french-election

And some good analysis on potential scenarios for the second round (between the two candidates who get most votes in Sunday's first round): 

https://www.thelocal.fr/20170420/french-presidential-election-the-six-unprecedented-scenarios-facing-france-from-patriots-vs-globalists-to-armageddon

Macron is an interesting fish that's for sure - he's a bit centre left really. He's been compared to Tony Blair in some ways. He's one determined cookie though - that's for sure. Falling in love with your teacher at 16 then some years later taking her from her husband and marrying her despite an24 year age gap shows a degree of persistence that's for sure!

22 hours ago, Facecloth said:

He's far left in DT eyes. Then again, that doesn't take much, probably means he sat next to Muslim on a train once or walked past one in the street.

22 hours ago, Facecloth said:

No mate. If you were talking about non Muslims, you would be correct, but as usual, you have made yourself look a "drip."  No wonder you call yourself "Facecloth."

1 minute ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

No mate. If you were talking about non Muslims, you would be correct, but as usual, you have made yourself look a "drip."  No wonder you call yourself "Facecloth."

I would say the general consensus of the replies in the thread and the 12 people who thought my post was worth liking there's only one person here looking like a "drip".

A facecloth is a small towel used to catch drips and dry faces, facecloths aren't drips themselves, so not sure what "joke" you're trying to make there, but it's typical of a delusional old fool who's not got a clue what he's on about.

And my nickname has nothing to do with those little towels anyway, weirdly enough.

22 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

17 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

On the BBC, yesterday morning, he was described  as being, "extreme left and fanatically pro Europe." Maybe you know something the rest of us don't know?

12 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

2f936670f4605563e3049fa9b7c59637.jpg

Just now, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

So sayeth the young fool, or are you just the Court Jester of FT..

There may be many young Jesters on FT DT....

But you are by far and away the biggest joke.

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I would say the general consensus of the replies in the thread and the 12 people who thought my post was worth liking there's only one person here looking like a "drip".

A facecloth is a small towel used to catch drips and dry faces, facecloths aren't drips themselves, so not sure what "joke" you're trying to make there, but it's typical of a delusional old fool who's not got a clue what he's on about.

And my nickname has nothing to do with those little towels anyway, weirdly enough.

You can't leave it there, mate - spill the beans..

2 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I can't counter your post because you've absolutely pulled me apart and made me look like the bigoted old racist with no clue what he's on about that the rest of FoxesTalk already knows I am anyway.

Fixed it for you :thumbup: 

Just now, Buce said:

You can't leave it there, mate - spill the beans..

My last name (well my old last name, changed it at 18, even longer story) is Danish and very unique. Something like 6 people have it in the UK. So I was always known by that at school, as lads do, still get called it now. It sounds nothing like Facecloth, but for some reason during a football match, when my teammates were shouting my name the opposition thought they were calling me Facecloth and asked my mate why. It's stuck as one of my nicknames ever since.

Archived