Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

FRENCH ELECTIONS

9 minutes ago, toddybad said:

None of that seems to have anything to do with bringing back a British or French or German etc identity. Every city looks the same in the uk because of the uk, not Europe. You're blaming the wrong institution. 

Mass big business, mass multiculturisation, mass regulation, mass currency, masses of security cameras, mass anything pulls against individual identity and towards domination by the strongest/richest/most driven, but not necessarily what's best for individual people or smaller organisations/communities/countries/enterprises/etc. Clear now?   

Immigration is the only one of those that the uk hasn't done to itself. Even then the majority is from outside the eu. When exactly in British history do you recall the elite not ruling? You're pining for a Britain that didn't exist. 

5 hours ago, Thracian said:

Perhaps the best illustration of identity is the way our own High Streets and out of town shopping centres have come to feature so many of the same stores as everywhere else, the same lines of charity shops, the same annoying bus lanes, the same predominance of supermarkets, the same growing cafe culture. 

If everywhere has the same mix of shops, people, culture, rules, systems, currency etc there's less individual evolution, less local initiative, less difference in one place or another and less of a reason to visit places. It takes time but that's the way it trends. 

Take multiculturalism for instance. There has always been examples of natural, virtually seamless, multiculturalism throughout history, but mass multiculturalism ends up similarising everywhere in the end and familiarity breeds contempt in terms of the excitement involved in travelling while also creating countless problems that hardly existed at all in the past, particularly relating to regulations, pressure on heath, housing, education, policing, social services and much more.

Some places end up with too many workers, others with too few, both of which create more problems and in the end, are far from harmonious in the country the people have moved to or the country they've left,  There's no unity left anywhere. Just simmering resentments.  

Look at the Europe you champion. Has the ever been more disruption and disharmony outside of world wars - or the need for more security on our streets, on our computers and on the quiet. Or the ever greater constraints on the media, some clearly designed to help keep the increasingly fragile peace? 

"European" identity? Where is it?. Communities are as split all over mainland Europe as they are here. The European involvement we wanted involved trade, simple as that. What we got was contrived federalism effected by deceit. And the mess created is increasingly appalling.

The UK is split and has been since way before Brexit which has only highlighted the differences.

France, Germany, Holland, Sweden are all in various stages of disharmony, there are crises in Portugal, Greece, Italy, concerns in Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Austria and doubtless other places  I'm not so familiar with, or have you really never noticed the truth of these things?

I'm not European and never will be. I come from Leicestershire. I'm English. Why do I need to be European along with all the residents of the many other countries so manipulatively ganged together?

I've never been a gang person. I don't think gangs think clearly in general and certainly don't think the EU gang in Brussels has thought clearly except for itself - and as an increasingly dogmatic concept. Very soon will come the breaking points I've long anticipated. 

a1780e738711e3130ed3dc0e93ca6dca.jpg

7 hours ago, toddybad said:

Immigration is the only one of those that the uk hasn't done to itself. Even then the majority is from outside the eu. When exactly in British history do you recall the elite not ruling? You're pining for a Britain that didn't exist. 

You need to think on your first sentence.

As for who rules, there has always been an "elite" and, if the ruling group changed, there would likely be a new "elite" based on past experience whether in a capitalist or, for instance, communist country. "Cream" establishes itself at the top whatever idealogy takes them there.

As for your last sentence I'm not sure of your point at all. I am British, or more appropriately English and while I've never thought of England as perfect it's been a lot more pleasant a place to live in than right now, despite the supposedly wisdomed ideology and dictates of Europe which I can happily do without thanks.               

Blaming multiculturalism for the lack of choice of shops on a high street yet completely failing to mention the costs involved in occupying retail space, the lack of transport options and the desire to pedestrianise every area they can get their hands on. Not to mention the changing shopping habits of the last 2 decades thanks to technology.

Someone wants to look a bit closer to home for the reasons for them but I guess it's easier to point the finger at something you already despise.

1 hour ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

Blaming multiculturalism for the lack of choice of shops on a high street yet completely failing to mention the costs involved in occupying retail space, the lack of transport options and the desire to pedestrianise every area they can get their hands on. Not to mention the changing shopping habits of the last 2 decades thanks to technology.

Someone wants to look a bit closer to home for the reasons for them but I guess it's easier to point the finger at something you already despise.

The high street argument always makes me laugh, if anything it's because we've 'Westernised' too far to make it viable, firstly with the introduction of American-style supermarket, which the majority prefer to shop in because it quicker and easier to get it all than one place, followed by the advent of online shopping which totally removed any reason to leave the house and enter the high street in the first place.

Polish shops and halal butchers do well because their communities are still willing to be proactive enough to support their local business and take longer to shop.

You can say what you want about integration issues and the like, but when it comes to high streets the main factors stunting recovery is the majority of the native populace's laziness to patron local shops and the preference to Amercanise society.

13 hours ago, Thracian said:

Mass big business, mass multiculturisation, mass regulation, mass currency, masses of security cameras, mass anything pulls against individual identity and towards domination by the strongest/richest/most driven, but not necessarily what's best for individual people or smaller organisations/communities/countries/enterprises/etc. Clear now?   

This is in defence of an anti-EU stance by pointing out the effect it has on our identity as a nation, right?  Because if so your post makes literally zero sense.

Mass big business - how's that the EU's fault?  Some businesses are looking to relocate following Brexit so I guess you should thank the EU for being a more attractive proposition for big businesses and drawing them away from us.

Mass multiculturisation - you mean like what Britain's been doing since the Empire days?

Mass regulation - ahhhh you must mean the many regulations forced on us by the EU with a view to protecting petty things like consumer and human rights, with a British government absolutely nothing will be regulated, it's going to be paradise.

Mass currency - errrrrm, we aren't part of the Euro and there weren't any plans for us to join it at the time of the referendum.  Completely irrelevant unless you're rallying against the mass use of Sterling in Great Britain.  We should have different money for each county no doubt.

Masses of security cameras - a very British problem.  We're famously the most surveilled populace in the world, I'm not sure how that vindicates your problem with the EU.

Basically you seem to have a problem with modern Britain which you struggle to accept because it's at odds with your instinctive belief that Britain is an infallible land of ubermenschen, this conflict of thought processes resulting in a rather apparent cognitive dissonance when you proceed to air your views on message boards.

9 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Blinkered and narrow minded, your little grey cells let you down badly. Are you non white, because you always have to rely on playing the race card?

However the R.A.I.N. is coming

Yeah, he's the blinkered and narrow minded one lol 

I'm assuming R.A.I.N. stands for Racist Arseholes Irrelevant Nostalgia.

14 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Blinkered and narrow minded, your little grey cells let you down badly. Are you non white, because you always have to rely on playing the race card?

However the R.A.I.N. is coming

I am blinkered, narrow minded & my brain doesn't work?

I find that hard to stomach when - you are the far-right voting, repatriation promoting, homophobic, bitter ex-copper on here.

Why don't you explain to me what R.A.I.N is then and when it's coming? 

1 minute ago, The Blur said:

Enough! All of this abbreviation guessing is getting all Rather Ascending Irritating Nonsense now. 

:P

Your Rather Annoying Intervention (is) Needless.

Archived