Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it coz I is black?

Dwight Yorke is an absolute helmet. I'm 99% sure he said a few months ago (when Bruce got the Villa job) that he'd applied and was bemoaning the fact he didn't get an interview. He was then asked if he'd applied for any lower league jobs and his response was "Why would I do that? I don't know anything about the lower leagues". Work your way up like most do you tool. 

Also, Finnegan is right. It's not as if there's a lack of black players currently playing and that's a relatively modern occurrence. As time progresses, we will see more. I've never understood this "racist" argument. If a club was racist, why would they be happy to have multiple black players, but unwilling to have a black manager? Utter horse shit. 

He should stop socializing with some black Americans too much.

Why do you need to blame the world for your problems, do you need a PL job out of the gate.

How many black coaches and assistant coaches in the lower leagues? How many are in football academies?

Get proof of people refusing you because of your skin color and then we will talk.

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

He should stop socializing with some black Americans too much.

Why do you need to blame the world for your problems, do you need a PL job out of the gate.

How many black coaches and assistant coaches in the lower leagues? How many are in football academies?

Get proof of people refusing you because of your skin color and then we will talk.

Though Yorke really doesn't have much of a point here (for the reasons Finn highlighted earlier in this thread) I'm really not sure the US is a post-racial society just yet as you imply.

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Though Yorke really doesn't have much of a point here (for the reasons Finn highlighted earlier in this thread) I'm really not sure the US is a post-racial society just yet as you imply.

There are still racists, no doubt. But, some African Americans will use the race card to try and win a lot of arguments and get away from trouble.

What makes this thing a "thing" are the white people driven by while guilt. Overcompensating for what racist, slave owners did. We are all humans. White, black, yellow, brown. So, stop deflecting the blame if you don't have a solid proof.

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

There are still racists, no doubt. But, some African Americans will use the race card to try and win a lot of arguments and get away from trouble.

What makes this thing a "thing" are the white people driven by while guilt. Overcompensating for what racist, slave owners did. We are all humans. White, black, yellow, brown. So, stop deflecting the blame if you don't have a solid proof.

Fair enough. That shouldn't, however, detract from the very clever, very deniable methods that are used by some of those in power in the US even now to give black Americans a hard time. And the best thing about those methods? Obfuscating enough that solid proof is difficult to find - hence the deniability.

Throw enough doubt on an issue and you can pretty much do as you wish.

let's not detract from the point. Yorke is being pissy again because he can't get a top job despite having zero experience, and so, pulls the race card. It's poor, lazy behaviour at least, slanderous towards football club owners at most. By pulling out the magic race card without evidence, all he does is create an environment where it's ok for young black kids or footballers looking up to him to just give up and say what's the point, everyone's out to get us and they're all racists.

No one is denying racism (unfortunately) still exists, but to blame something on it without proof, and using it as the default position when things don't go your way, is not a good example to set.

Knew someone would get upset by the title too lol

16 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well not necessarily Alf, it's about the suggestion that a stereotype which is a comic parody of ridicule be used to represent Dwight Yorke's argument. The character of Ali G has generic conventions which immediately may be associated with Dwight Yorke and his argument which all I am saying is may detract from the issues being raised and could be interpreted as offensive.

There no suggestion of malice or intent for anything else - just that I agree to the suggestion of a re-title!

I understood your original point (I think): that the title risks unintentionally encouraging people to see Yorke's complaint as an unjustified quest for black victimhood. I understood that there was no suggestion of malice. I understand the risqué nature of the Ali G character/catchphrase and criticisms that they conceal offensive attitudes or are open to abuse by people expressing offensive attitudes....making it unwise, in your opinion, for that catchphrase to be used to introduce a balanced debate.

As Buce's original post clearly DOES introduce a balanced debate, I just see that title as a validly attention-grabbing rhetorical question. It is clear from his post that the issue is being taken seriously.

It may just be down to generational differences in communications, seeing as Buce and I are both old gits and at least a couple of other (presumably younger - 30s?) posters agree with your point. Don't worry, we'll be dead soon and the world will be yours! :D

I need a lie-down.....

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I understood your original point (I think): that the title risks unintentionally encouraging people to see Yorke's complaint as an unjustified quest for black victimhood. I understood that there was no suggestion of malice. I understand the risqué nature of the Ali G character/catchphrase and criticisms that they conceal offensive attitudes or are open to abuse by people expressing offensive attitudes....making it unwise, in your opinion, for that catchphrase to be used to introduce a balanced debate.

As Buce's original post clearly DOES introduce a balanced debate, I just see that title as a validly attention-grabbing rhetorical question. It is clear from his post that the issue is being taken seriously.

It may just be down to generational differences in communications, seeing as Buce and I are both old gits and at least a couple of other (presumably younger - 30s?) posters agree with your point. Don't worry, we'll be dead soon and the world will be yours! :D

I need a lie-down.....

Excellent (I'm 21)

:ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I need a lie-down.....

lol Thanks, Alf.

58fa0cc68f9d2_Oldgits.jpg.6811285f5e63c70055bfe653f6251ee5.jpg

Not detracting from Dwight York is a cooooooomt, however that doesn't mean what he saying is utter bollox.  The question I have is that other black sportsman are saying the same thing, people like Chris Hughton and John Barnes.  Chris Hughton is on the most decent characters in football, why would he say such things, is he attention seeking, is he using his skin colour as an excuse, or is this just blown out of proportion by the media?

30 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Excellent (I'm 21)

:ph34r:

.....And I've got a 12-inch cock, despite not being a black man. :ph34r:

I'll get my coat..... No, instead, like a true Paddy navvy I'll get my pick and shovel, get back into my hole and continue digging...

19 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Not detracting from Dwight York is a cooooooomt, however that doesn't mean what he saying is utter bollox.  The question I have is that other black sportsman are saying the same thing, people like Chris Hughton and John Barnes.  Chris Hughton is on the most decent characters in football, why would he say such things, is he attention seeking, is he using his skin colour as an excuse, or is this just blown out of proportion by the media?

It is certainly worth investigating why the number of black coaches and managers in the game is disproportionate to the number of black players, but to blame it purely on race is a very simplistic view.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I don't.

24 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I don't really. I'm glad I'm not a mod, must be a real headache.

With respect, guys, isn't that part of the problem?

Racism, or even perceived racism, has become such a taboo that we feel we can't discuss it any more, and if we do it's like walking on eggshells; ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

With respect, guys, isn't that part of the problem?

Racism, or even perceived racism, has become such a taboo that we feel we can't discuss it any more, and if we do it's like walking on eggshells; ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.

If I delete peoples comments I get accused of censorship, if I don't delete people's comments , some people in the past have implied I must agree with them. Then you read all the grandstanding. I'm not complaining, but it's no fun.

25 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I don't really. I'm glad I'm not a mod, must be a real headache.

Me neither - and I entirely resent the time wasted on all agenderist subjects especially when they're so dominated by the same few people both in favour and against.

I well recognise I'm part of the problem and intend to try again now to wrest myself from what I see as a completely pointless exercise prompted only a passionate nature.

The football threads are different - much more about opinion and discussion rather than the need to be right though even those threads have their agenderists at times.  

Anyway I wish you all well in the political threads.

Having tried and tried it is time to try again to get my priorities right and they're certainly not most concerned with politics, political correctness or any other kind of attempted conditioning or browbeating I can happily do without, and more especially given the way so many comments  are constantly and blatantly misrepresented for rhetorical effect.  

There are some  on here, with differing views whose arguments  I respect immensely, but they too have often needed to take a break and likely for similar reasons.   

Overall, and not just in here,  I find today's political arena just about as inept and depressing as I've ever known it in a longish life, and that's pretty condemning given what's gone before at times. It'll be a pleasure returning to the football and other positive subjects because there's very little that's positive about agenderism of any kind.    

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If I delete peoples comments I get accused of censorship, if I don't delete people's comments , some people in the past have implied I must agree with them. Then you read all the grandstanding. I'm not complaining, but it's no fun.

With great power comes great responsibility.. :)

Archived