Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peteselby

Your favourite Champions League Memory - For Fox Sake Podcast

For Fox Sake Podcast here.

Well the Champions League campaign is over but we want to keep your memories alive.

Please reply with your favourite memory of Leicester's Champions League Campaign.

However small or personal, on the pitch or off.

We will use then as part of our next episode out on Monday.

You can listen to the For Fox Sake Podcast using iTunes or SoundCloud our YouTube Page also Facebook & Twitter

Enjoy and Up the City!

Sevilla at home by quite a long way. The atmosphere from start to finish was like nothing I had experienced before. I was there for the 5-3 Man United game and I didn't think that could be topped, but I was wrong! The look on peoples faces after the final whistle as everyone realised what the club had just achieved will stay with me forever. 

Far too difficult.

Brugge for experiencing an incredible city with incredible weather, beer and the result.

Sevilla away- The atmosphere after Vardys goal and specifically when we were locked in the stadium singing the Ben Marshall song was absolutely priceless.

Sevilla home- Unbelievable, the feeling when Albrighton scored and the pure tension for the last 15 minutes was a once in a lifetime experience.

Other than that, visiting 5 incredible cities watching us in the Champions League is something I will never, ever forget.

The whole experience in Bruges. The place, the weather, the fans, the beer, the match and the incredible atmosphere created by our 1,400. If Carlsberg did Champions League away games ...........

Seville at home was incredible too. I didn't realise the whole ground was going nuts as I was absolutely captivated by the game.

Madrid on Tuesday was great as well. Still extremely disappointed to be out but I think we went out with a tremendous effort from the players and fans we just weren't quite good enough but not a million miles away.

Second best moment though would have to be hearing the champions league music at the KP for the first time. I wouldn't cry over football, but I'd be lying if it wasn't an emotional moment. 

To be honest I remember before that first game against Porto I was in the local hero and the DJ in there played the champions league music, and I remember just realising that I was about to watch my club play in the CL. Excited would have been a massive understatement.

Bruges

3-0 win & Albrighton goal

The square, fantastic atmosphere

Belgian beer, the best

Copenhagen

The smiles on the faces of the Danes as they relieved you of €25 for brekkie & €8 a pint

Porto

Atmospheric city

Cheap eats & drink

Bars next to the river, brilliant

Seville

First bit of sun in ages

Tasty tapas

The bus ride through the Andalusian landscape

Vardys goal, gave us a ray of hope

Madrid

Magnificent city, more sunshine, more tasty tapas

The back street bars

Friendly Atletico fans

5 Away trips I would never have experienced if it was not for our brilliant 2015-2016 season.

Thank you Leicester City FC.

Guest CityFan 06

Albrighton's goal to make it 2-0 against Sevilla (H), the goal that ultimately sent us to the Quarter Finals. Particularly stands out.

The anticipation of the crowd when the ball fell to him in the box and then the moment he netted. Magic. 

Final whistle against Sevilla. 

Unbelievable feeling, and so unbelievably special to be there.

Only Champions League game I've ever been to and without a doubt the best atmosphere I've ever experienced.

Got in my seat about an hour and a half early to soak up the atmosphere and to see the ground fill up - then the music started, the teams walked out, the fearless Fox banner dropped down and the glorious "LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR" banner rose up - beautiful. And then we were phenomenal during the game. Quite simply beautiful.

I study down South so usually can only make the weekend games, hence I couldn't come to any of the CL group games. But for Sevilla, I made an exception. I had to see my team once in the Champions League.

The thing that struck me most as soon as I walked in was how the bright the stadium was. I have been to the KP countless times but the sheer excitement of being under the lights for a night like that and seeing all the flags around the ground was unbelievable.

The whole build-up in fact with Kasabian blaring out. The Champions League Anthem gave me goosebumps and the tifo with shakey let slip the dogs of war was spine tingling.

And then a match that had everything! The place went mad for both goals but the moment that almost send a tear down my eye was Schmeichel's save. That's when I truly started to believe we be on to something special here.

A shame that had to be the last win but an experience that will stay with me forever.

I truly hope we're back in it one day! 

1. Champions League music v Porto at home and looking over at my 20 yr old son to see a tear running down his cheek.

2. Doing a Caravan tour to Bruges with 3 mates... we never stop laughing from start to finish.

3. Buying 4 tickets from friendly Bruges fans when we never expected to get any tickets for the away game.

4. The loudest roar I have ever heard at the KP immediately after the CL anthem v Seville ....GOOSEBUMPS.

5. Albrighton goal v Seville....ORGASM !!

6. Kasper pen save v Seville home.

7. Final whistle v Seville....ORGASM again !!

8. Friendly opposition fans.

9. Laughing at my Spurs supporting mate as they "Brexited" Europe twice in 3 months.

10.PRIDE in my team...fellow fans..and adopted city ( I'm from Belfast).

PLEEAAASSSEEEE....can we do it all again !!

Many great memories as mentioned, Sevilla at home probably the on pitch highlight for me though I've enjoyed the cities we've visited, great friendly people.

But my personal highlight was in Madrid on the Tuesday afternoon, we'd found a little Irish bar somewhere, there was no one in it apart from us and a few locals who would pop in for one before leaving after have a chat with us wishing us all the best. The sun was shining, it was hot, and I was at that warm fuzzy stage after a few beers, we were having such a good laugh, sang a couple of old City songs plus a couple of random old pop tunes when I just looked at all my friends, laughing happy and realised that we'd all had season tickets together for 27 years, and thought of all the good and bad over that time. Our trips to Wembley, cup semis, relegation, promotions, marriages, deaths, families, kids, our kids coming to the footy with us, our lives together had evolved around the City, we'd grown up together with the City as one stable backdrop. It was one of those moments were you suddenly find yourself glowing inside and find yourself just quietly watching with a great big smile on your face you're so happy. Absolutely belting afternoon. 

Archived