Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

Guest CityFan 06

An unlikely list but nevertheless...

GK: Pickford / Heaton / Hart ➡️ Assuming one of Schmeichel or Zieler leave.

RB: Tripper 

CB: Keane 

Secondary CB: Gibson / Mbodji / Smalling

LM/CAM: Martial / Sigurdsson

ST: Alexandre Lacazette / Kelechi Iheanacho ➡️ Assuming one of Slimani or Ulloa leave.

The problem I have, is wanting to upgrade not only our bench, but also some of our starting 11, and I can totally see why some are concerned that dropping certain players who did so well for us in our miracle season, might disrupt the squad's spirit. 

I do think if we want to push the top 6 or 7 teams though, then we are going to have to take that risk, at the cost of upsetting a few. 

I would like us to target players who we think will come in and start. 

RB - Trippier 

CB - Gibson or Maguire

CM - Adrien Sliva or Davy Klaasen

ACM - Sigurdsson
ST - Tammy Abraham (Loan) 

This is on the assumption that Ulloa leaves and we get Matty James back in the squad. 

Kaputska to go on season long loan. Mendy to be give 6 months to prove himself. Lawrence to perhaps be given the same time frame. 

With these signings, you are likely looking at Wes, Simpson, Drinkwater and Okazaki being severly tested for their starting position, which although may cause some issues, I think we need to be a bit ruthless in order to really establish ourselves as a consistent top 8 club. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

The problem I have, is wanting to upgrade not only our bench, but also some of our starting 11, and I can totally see why some are concerned that dropping certain players who did so well for us in our miracle season, might disrupt the squad's spirit. 

I do think if we want to push the top 6 or 7 teams though, then we are going to have to take that risk, at the cost of upsetting a few. 

RB - Trippier 

CB - Gibson or Maguire

ACM - Sigurdsson

This is on the assumption that Ulloa leaves and we get Matty James back in the squad. 

Kaputska to go on season long loan. Mendy to be give 6 months to prove himself. Lawrence to perhaps be given the same time frame. 

With these signings, you are likely looking at Wes, Simpson, Drinkwater and Okazaki being severly tested for their starting position, which although may cause some issues, I think we need to be a bit ruthless in order to really establish ourselves as a consistent top 8 club. 

Trippier would be a great signing, good shout ! 

Guest CityFan 06

I'd welcome Matty James back this summer, he would be a virtually new signing for us at CM. He's been top quality for Barnsley. 

Would love Keane here as he is a step up on Gibson and Maguire IMO, but we missed our chance last season. He is destined for one of the big clubs or at very least Everton, who have already shown an interest. Obviously Walshy involved there!

Gibson, Maguire or Mbodji are more likely and would all push Wes for his place I think. 

Benny, Huth, Wes and one from those 3, with Amartey able to cover if needed. 

2 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

I'd welcome Matty James back this summer, he would be a virtually new signing for us at CM. He's been top quality for Barnsley. 

Had my doubts he would be able to come back from being out so long, but he has been Barnsley's best player and rightly deserves to be back in the Prem with us for next season.

Don't think he will be starting, if we sign another CM like I hope, but he will certainly be pushing for a start from the bench, which is good news for us! 

26 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

RB - Trippier 

CB - Gibson or Maguire

ACM - Sigurdsson

Go with these plus Deeney. It would also help to reduce the number likely to spend January at the AFCON

31 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

RB - Trippier 

CB - Gibson or Maguire

ACM - Sigurdsson

I cant see Kapustka going out on loan, not for a season.

If I was him I would say game time, or move me on....

I would like to see a couple of quality English players come in.

I really have no idea who I should get worked up about, I fancied Keane last year, even at 20+mil.

But hes destined to go to a bigger club.

Trippier would be a good shout, then lets see who goes down, and if we can pick up some quality

from there.Swansea have a couple c I wouldnt mind, but again I wont go on any holy grail  in naming

preferences.

Alot will depend on EOS performances, and Shakespeares retention. Then clubs vision, in taking us forward.

Signing a pacey CF to be an understudy to Vardy, is a priority in my opinion. Can't think of a player in England capable of being the next Vardy, so  we will probably have to search the foreign markets. Bobby Wood maybe. 

After signing a pacey CF, we should sign a mix of PL experienced players & players from the lower leagues that have the talent to make the step up.

However Shakespeare might surprise us and sign a few hidden gems, Pearson style. Given our recent purchase of N'didi, I wouldn't be surprised if we've scouted a couple more prospects from the Belgium league.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Had my doubts he would be able to come back from being out so long, but he has been Barnsley's best player and rightly deserves to be back in the Prem with us for next season.

Don't think he will be starting, if we sign another CM like I hope, but he will certainly be pushing for a start from the bench, which is good news for us! 

James should definately be in the squad next season. However if we sign another CM on top of James returning, we will have 7 CM's, so 2 CM's would need to leave. Sell Mendy & loan out Amartey perhaps? Can't see King being told to leave.

17 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

James should definately be in the squad next season. However if we sign another CM on top of James returning, we will have 7 CM's, so 2 CM's would need to leave. Sell Mendy & loan out Amartey perhaps? Can't see King being told to leave.

Forgot about Amartey to be fair. 

I really thought we would be trying him at CB, but doesn't seem as likely now. I am not sure he is good enough at CM (yet at least) 

Think you are right about King. Thing he will stay, even if 5th choice. 

Mendy is a tough one, as 4 games is just not enough to decide if he is a good player or not. He was captain of Nice and got rave reviews there, so I would be hesitant to sell him so soon, and prefer that he got 6 months to prove himself. 

If Drinkwater had played as well as he did last season, then I wouldn't be that concerned about signing another top CM, as him and N'didi would start nearly every game hopefully, with James/King/Mendy all able to cover the handful of games they missed or cup competitions. 

The drop-off and continued poor form Drinky shows though, makes me think that we need another top CM to play alongside N'didi or at least help force Drinky to rediscover those heights of last year. No one has pushed him for his place this season. 

Personally, I would have N'didi, New signing, Drinkwater, James and also Sigurdsson able to play in there if needed. 

Sell King. Loan out Amartey if not to be used as CB and give Mendy 6 months and cup games/handful of starts to prove he is good enough once fully fit again. 

What I think will happen....  Mendy will be sold and we won't buy any CM's. Leaving us N'didi, Drinkwater, James, King, Amartey. I think that leaves us 1 quality CM short and 2 reserves who won't push the starting pair hard enough for a starting place. Hopefully, I am wrong though. 

Really impressed with a couple of Anderlecht players:

Tielemans - box to box midfielder, with an eye for goal. A sort of better, younger version of Drinky. Problem is that the 'bid' clubs will no doubt be in for him.

Dendoncker - defensive midfielder.

Spajic - solid looking central defender.

If Slimani, Okazaki and Ulloa leave, I still that Edin Dzeko could do a job in the Premier League. Arnautovic may be worth a shout - to think that we could have got him last year for less than we paid for Musa!

In terms of defence, if Chilwell becomes a regular at left back, why not use Fuchs as a central defender. Intelligent footballer, reads the game well and is good in the air. 

Archived