Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

The Foxestalk Food Association (FA) Cup FINAL

FINALS  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Final : Roast Chicken vs Full English Breakfast

• Roast Chicken w/ Stuffing
    • Full English Breakfast
  2. 2. Third Place Play-Off : Chicken Tikka Masala vs Roast Beef

• Chicken Tikka Masala
    • Roast Beef w/ Yorkshire Pudding

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I respect your opinion, but come on! Up there with the world's best  cuisine? 

I was voting for roast beef myself. 

I think that's all we can offer the world. Which is sad.

Thinking about it objectively, I can see why you might think it odd. It's not like I haven't experienced other cuisines - I travelled widely as a younger man and always immersed myself in the local culture. Maybe it's to do with my craving for bacon; whenever my vegetarianism has lapsed, apart from the times when eating meat has been a necessity (usually when hiking remote areas), it has always been bacon that got me. In fact, it became something of a ritual that upon returning to this country, the first thing I would do would be to have a Full English. Even now, after all these years, if I go out for breakfast I have a vegetarian fry-up (veggy sausage, with grilled halloumi as an acceptable bacon substitute).

I stand by what I said - the Full English is beyond compare.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Thinking about it objectively, I can see why you might think it odd. It's not like I haven't experienced other cuisines - I travelled widely as a younger man and always immersed myself in the local culture. Maybe it's to do with my craving for bacon; whenever my vegetarianism has lapsed, apart from the times when eating meat has been a necessity (usually when hiking remote areas), it has always been bacon that got me. In fact, it became something of a ritual that upon returning to this country, the first thing I would do would be to have a Full English. Even now, after all these years, if I go out for breakfast I have a vegetarian fry-up (veggy sausage, with grilled halloumi as an acceptable bacon substitute).

I stand by what I said - the Full English is beyond compare.

Fair play, can't argue with that.

Roast beef nails it though lol

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Fair play, can't argue with that.

Roast beef nails it though lol

For me roast beef is a deserved second but ultimately it's just a good meal. A Full English is a full blown indulgence. 

Archived