Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Happy St George's Day

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ah the day of the year when my Mum has flags a waving only for NW Leicestershire's finest constabulary to show up and ask her to take them down....dont you just love this country sometimes!! 

Not having that. Don't believe you for one minute, it's lies like this that incite hatred. Fake news

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

!BqEE-2!Bmk~$(KGrHqYH-C!Eum4fTbFsBLuLW-s

To all my fellow foxes fans.

And Happy St George's day to you mate ! ...    Not surprised at all the playing down of it on this thread ...   Well I'm fookin proud to be English !!!     

Just another day to me. Why don't we celebrate Human Race Day and piss off a few Martians.

I am not sure how English I am. I have probably got some Roman, Viking, Danish and Norman genes in me.

I did have a roast pork dinner today so I can say I did my bit.

4 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Just another day to me. Why don't we celebrate Human Race Day and piss off a few Martians.

I am not sure how English I am. I have probably got some Roman, Viking, Danish and Norman genes in me.

I did have a roast pork dinner today so I can say I did my bit.

Yep ...    Playing down.

Guest MattP
5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Is he wrong though?

No. But why do all these people only do this today?

You never get all this in March with folk desperate to shout from the rooftops about how St Patrick wasn't Irish.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Rincewind said:

St Georges Day is Morris dancers hitting each other with flowers.

Think you might have had a few and confused it with Leicester pride.

I like being British. It's a beautiful country and I've had more opportunities in life than most thanks to my nationality. Still, I'm not sure I could ever be 'proud' or 'ashamed' of my nationality when it is essentially just a twist of fate.

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

I like being British. It's a beautiful country and I've had more opportunities in life than most thanks to my nationality. Still, I'm not sure I could ever be 'proud' or 'ashamed' of my nationality when it is essentially just a twist of fate.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm proud of Britain/England rather than proud of being British/English. The latter is just an accident of birth.

This/this.

You can be proud (and also critical) of the place of your birth but why be of your nationality when it is just chance?

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

This/this.

You can be proud (and also critical) of the place of your birth but why be of your nationality when it is just chance?

Semantics, we are saying the same thing.  I am proud to be able to call these places home.

23 hours ago, Rincewind said:

ST Patrick's Day is a piss up. St Georges Day is Morris dancers hitting each other with flowers.

Which one do you prefer? To me its a no brainer.

You could look at it like that or, you could have 364 piss up days and 1 day watching morris dancers hitting each other with flowers whilst you detox.

Archived