Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Call Of Duty : WW2

Still needs serious gameplay and mechanic upgrades to even touch Battlefield/1 for me. 

Dedicated servers are a must and TTK needs increasing. Bin off shitty supply drops too. 

Will not be buying on release but if it looks good in reviews etc I might purchase it. 

Edited by Adster

Give me a decent Normandy beach mission over that futuristic wall jumping bull anyday.

Would be nice to have a more British perspective though. They all sound American in the clip. I may be tempted in buying it but would like to see some actual gameplay. BF1 was so well made COD has a lot of work to do to surpass it.

• Like 1

Hopefully going to be good. Its the first COD I've actually been really excited for since bloody WAW (my favourite COD).

Finally some boots to ground action and i just hope and pray that the multiplayer is decent.

The Killstreaks should be appropriate to the era its in as well, for example mortar strikes, chopper gunner, tanks, napalm strikes. 

Also Zombies should go back to the roots, no aliens or wonder gun bulls*** (dont mind a cheeky pack a punch or a bit of juggernaught tho;)), just basic zombie survival on some old schooly maps. 

call_of_duty_wwii_nazi_zombies_1920.0.png

I do miss COD's reliable servers, Battlefield 1 (as much as I love it) has given me some right ballache lately with rubberbanding and blackscreening on Xbox One. I'd buy COD WWII if they handle killstreaks properly (or ditch them altogether) and don't put you in matches against clans that are already winning by a huge margain every other match you join. Black Ops 3 was fvcking ridiculous, never even thought about getting Infinite Warfare because of it and I bought every one before that (starting at COD3)

I looked at more in-depth information on this earlier, it's laughable they're copying so much from other games, rather than bringing in their own ideas. Just some elements listed below:

"Head quarters" Social Space - Copied from a different Activision Title, Destiny

Larger PVP battles - Copied from Battlefield

Going back to old style war for the next CoD Title - Copied from Battlefield

Playing as different people in campaign - Copied from Battlefield 1 War Stories campaign structure

War Game-mode (Narrative Driven) - Copied from Operations game mode in Battlefield

I'm probably alone but I don't think they should learn from Battlefield at all. Why try and compete with BF? 

There's a clear scale of realism in war games. It goes ARMA > BF > COD.

Don't **** with the status quo, just build the same arcadey run and gun shooter they always do and leave the tactics to other titles.

2 hours ago, Adster said:

Larger PVP battles - Copied from Battlefield

Going back to old style war for the next CoD Title - Copied from Battlefield

Playing as different people in campaign - Copied from Battlefield 1 War Stories campaign structure

Well, to be fair there used to be 64 player games on PC on COD2 and even before that, I'm pretty sure I was playing 64 player matches on United Offensive. Equally, you played as different people in the campaign from the original game, before Battlefield did it iirc. Going back to WW2 is just responding to customer demand rather than copying anybody. 

I was a massive fan of the series up until MW2, then I realised they were just going to rehash it over and over, haven't bought one since. I think I'll revisit this, the single player should be good but I'm still sceptical of the multiplayer basically becasue of the current player base. One thing is for sure, I won't be paying for any DLC, 'Season Pass' bullshit! 

52 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Well, to be fair there used to be 64 player games on PC on COD2 and even before that, I'm pretty sure I was playing 64 player matches on United Offensive. Equally, you played as different people in the campaign from the original game, before Battlefield did it iirc. Going back to WW2 is just responding to customer demand rather than copying anybody. 

I was a massive fan of the series up until MW2, then I realised they were just going to rehash it over and over, haven't bought one since. I think I'll revisit this, the single player should be good but I'm still sceptical of the multiplayer basically becasue of the current player base. One thing is for sure, I won't be paying for any DLC, 'Season Pass' bullshit! 

MW2 was my favorite CoD of all time. But like you said Call of Dutys has gone downhill. Their core gameplay mechanics need serious work. They decreased the TTK massively to make shit players even have a chance to make them feel like a pro so they keep playing their game.

The reason I love Battlefield and Destiny's PVP is because to get an edge over your opponent, a steady stream of bullets needs to be accurate in order to get a kill. In a 1v1 gunfight, the player with the best thumb skill and aiming, would win. Which is in my opinion how it should be.

2 bullets anywhere to a player in a recent CoD game and the player is dead. It's laughable.

If the TTK isn't lowered, and the servers continue to be shit, I will not be touching this game at all.

Edited by Adster

39 minutes ago, Adster said:

MW2 was my favorite CoD of all time. But like you said Call of Dutys has gone downhill. Their core gameplay mechanics need serious work. They decreased the TTK massively to make shit players even have a chance to make them feel like a pro so they keep playing their game.

The reason I love Battlefield and Destiny's PVP is because to get an edge over your opponent, a steady stream of bullets needs to be accurate in order to get a kill. In a 1v1 gunfight, the player with the best thumb skill and aiming, would win. Which is in my opinion how it should be.

2 bullets anywhere to a player in a recent CoD game and the player is dead. It's laughable.

If the TTK isn't lowered, and the servers continue to be shit, I will not be touching this game at all.

Yeah, I'd like to see a proper learning curve and weapons that actually feel different to one another. I don't have too much of an issue with sub machine guns wrecking people of close, as long as I can sit in a bush with a bolt action rifle killing people with one hit to the body like I could with the Lee-Enfield or Kar98k on COD2. 

Not having played the modern ones, is the core game engine still built off basically code from DOOM or Quake or whatever is was a few years ago? 

I've gone off the COD series of late, especially the multiplayer which I found to be full of cheaters a lot of the time. This game though might change my mind providing it's got a decent single player and is historically accurate as far as it's not the yanks winning the war on their own! 

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

The multiplayer trailer is a bit shit. It looks like Battlefield 1, if Battlefield 1 came out 6 years ago. 

Just watched it - it looks like someone remade BF1 using the Toy Story engine

My favourite bit is a clip of someone using a bayonet charge then someone else flamethrowing a trench out. "Everything you hate about Battlefield 1 in a COD-badged Battlefield 1 clone. Now set in WW2!"

• Like 2

I just don't know why they bother trying to compete with BF.

I like both but I play more cod than BF as its quicker to pick up and play and I'm a fairly casual gamer.

For me, cod is a Quake / Unreal Tournament style run and gun shooter. It's not a tactical war simulation and hasn't been for ages now.

• 3 months later...

Just watched the trailer for the single player campaign and it looks seriously impressive. BF1 got boring pretty quick for me so i'm hoping this lives up to the hype.

The last couple of CODS have been dreadful. This though looks seriously impressive so looks like I will be giving COD another go.