Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Call Of Duty : WW2

I was half thinking about getting this but watched a few MP videos earlier, looks like any other COD but without the recent exosuits and whatnot. Does it play any different? Do the killstreak rewards still ruin half of all matches? Is spawnkilling still an issue?

7 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I was half thinking about getting this but watched a few MP videos earlier, looks like any other COD but without the recent exosuits and whatnot. Does it play any different? Do the killstreak rewards still ruin half of all matches? Is spawnkilling still an issue?

So far ive not been spawn killed once and the scorestreaks haven't ruined anything as of yet. Not that iv really noticed

1 hour ago, Adster said:

lol

Multiplayer FPS's are my thing, to be honest. I spend most my time playing them but I cannot stand Call of Duty's multiplayer skin any longer.

From the instant respawns, to the stupidly low TTK and awful spawns, I cannot believe people actually find the multiplayer enjoyable. The game is clearly aimed at 12 year olds. What adult would seriously want to see the guy in 1st, 2nd and 3rd fvcking dabbing at the end of a game in a WW2 setting? Embarrassing, and completely ruins the authenticity of the game.

All designed to support their horrendous loot crates business model. Yes, it works, but that does doesn't, however, make it right.

See now me im more of an RPG/Adventure gamer. I like a FPS but I don't buy many. So the COD model doesn't bore me as ive gone 3 years without a COD game.

I haven't seen 1 Dab by the way. All the hand gestures so far are like high fives and salutes. In fact im not even sure there is a Dab on there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I like this game a lot, i was pretty tired of the COD franchise and this feels like a throwback to the first COD. The campaign mode is great - the enemies don't feel like they're never ending, the health packs make the game feel like a more classic FPS campaign. The nazi zombies game mode is pretty good. The zombies are a lot more zombie like, as in they kind of stumble around and are tough to get headshots on. It's actually pretty scary lol

But as to your multiplayer questions. Kill streaks are still a thing, but the kill streak rewards are not nearly as overpowered as before. There are guide bombs, which are kind of like the drones from previous games, and artillery/mortar strikes, but at most you're getting 1-2 kills which them. The multiplayer mode is still a more fast paced than tactical, but without the futuristic bullshit it's more toned down. There's no unlimited sprint, so people aren't just running, jumping, drop shooting as much.

The only problems with the game that i've had is how buggy the servers have been (which I assume they'll fix), and how much i still suck at multiplayer lol

Just now, kingcarr21 said:

See now me im more of an RPG/Adventure gamer. I like a FPS but I don't buy many. So the COD model doesn't bore me as ive gone 3 years without a COD game.

I haven't seen 1 Dab by the way. All the hand gestures so far are like high fives and salutes. In fact im not even sure there is a Dab on there.

Yeah, I seen that copied the social space from Destiny. I like that. But cannot help but feel it's main purpose is to get players to watch others open supply drops, to make that player want to buy them also. I've seen there is a mission to watch 3 players open a supply drop!

Fair enough. I don't know if the Dab is on there (it was on previous COD games). It was more a general thing really with cringey emotes in general.

12 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

So far ive not been spawn killed once and the scorestreaks haven't ruined anything as of yet. Not that iv really noticed

That's good to hear, COD Infinite Warfare is the only one I've skipped since MW1 as I was getting bored with the series and the killstreaks in Black Ops 3 took the piss. So many games that were totally ruined by stuff exploding all over the place throughout a match

9 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

I like this game a lot, i was pretty tired of the COD franchise and this feels like a throwback to the first COD. The campaign mode is great - the enemies don't feel like they're never ending, the health packs make the game feel like a more classic FPS campaign. The nazi zombies game mode is pretty good. The zombies are a lot more zombie like, as in they kind of stumble around and are tough to get headshots on. It's actually pretty scary lol

But as to your multiplayer questions. Kill streaks are still a thing, but the kill streak rewards are not nearly as overpowered as before. There are guide bombs, which are kind of like the drones from previous games, and artillery/mortar strikes, but at most you're getting 1-2 kills which them. The multiplayer mode is still a more fast paced than tactical, but without the futuristic bullshit it's more toned down. There's no unlimited sprint, so people aren't just running, jumping, drop shooting as much.

The only problems with the game that i've had is how buggy the servers have been (which I assume they'll fix), and how much i still suck at multiplayer lol

Cool - I'm sure they'll fix the servers soon. I got Battlefield 1 instead of COD last year and as fun as it is, the lag and online glitches on BF1 are more frequent than any CODs I've played before

Don't mind killstreak rewards but they just seemed to get more and more powerful with every COD since MW1

2 hours ago, Adster said:

lol

Multiplayer FPS's are my thing, to be honest. I spend most my time playing them but I cannot stand Call of Duty's multiplayer skin any longer.

From the instant respawns, to the stupidly low TTK and awful spawns, I cannot believe people actually find the multiplayer enjoyable. The game is clearly aimed at 12 year olds. What adult would seriously want to see the guy in 1st, 2nd and 3rd fvcking dabbing at the end of a game in a WW2 setting? Embarrassing, and completely ruins the authenticity of the game.

All designed to support their horrendous loot crates business model. Yes, it works, but that does doesn't, however, make it right.

What adult gets wound up at something like that?

Not personally seen a "dab" yet on the game but if there is, so what?

40 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

That's good to hear, COD Infinite Warfare is the only one I've skipped since MW1 as I was getting bored with the series and the killstreaks in Black Ops 3 took the piss. So many games that were totally ruined by stuff exploding all over the place throughout a match

Cool - I'm sure they'll fix the servers soon. I got Battlefield 1 instead of COD last year and as fun as it is, the lag and online glitches on BF1 are more frequent than any CODs I've played before

Don't mind killstreak rewards but they just seemed to get more and more powerful with every COD since MW1

They've seriously toned down the killstreaks this year, they aren't nearly as lethal, apart from the v2

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The online video review by a woman from IGN wasn't particularly glowing but then she did deviate somewhat when going on about online players in the Headquarters setting.  Completely unnecessary but there you have it.  IGN have sucked for ages ever since giving Alien Isolation a 5.9.

:schlupp:

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

IGN have sucked for ages ever since giving Alien Isolation a 5.9.

They are so inconsistent in their reviews. Used to be critical but fair and only gave 10/10 to games that really deserved it. They hand out 10s to pretty much all high profile Nintendo games now, I would be amazed if they weren't receiving bribes. Likewise they downgrade some games for some really petty reasons

I find Giant Bomb and Edge the most reliable reviewers these days (although Edge can be overly critical)

I don't look at any reviews. Ive played many a 'shit' game that I have found really enjoyable. You end up missing out on some great games if you listen to others.

I always remember reading a couple of reviews for Ni No Kuni. Saying it was like a 4/10 or something. Utter tosh. Absolutely beautiful game. (IGN gave it 9.4/10).

I am seriously loving this COD. So glad i've gone years without playing one. All the lads I used to play online with have all been in the same boat as me. Not played for years so we have all got back together online so its been a right laugh.

Just max prestiged my MP40. Getting some seriously good scores with that gun in hand. Still loving the War mode just wish they had more operations. Only 3 I believe.

If anybody wants to add me and fancies a game (same name as on here, KingCarr21)

21 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I am seriously loving this COD. So glad i've gone years without playing one. All the lads I used to play online with have all been in the same boat as me. Not played for years so we have all got back together online so its been a right laugh.

Just max prestiged my MP40. Getting some seriously good scores with that gun in hand. Still loving the War mode just wish they had more operations. Only 3 I believe.

If anybody wants to add me and fancies a game (same name as on here, KingCarr21)

Hi King,

I completely agree with you, i done exactly the same! Didn't play the shit games where someone was in front of you one minute, then the next they are running on a wall 20ft above you! 

But this version is just incredible, i literally can't get enough of it. Haven't even played War yet either haha! 

You on PS4 or Xbox? If PS4 i will add you later.

59 minutes ago, TheRealWalshy5 said:

Hi King,

I completely agree with you, i done exactly the same! Didn't play the shit games where someone was in front of you one minute, then the next they are running on a wall 20ft above you! 

But this version is just incredible, i literally can't get enough of it. Haven't even played War yet either haha! 

You on PS4 or Xbox? If PS4 i will add you later.

Yea PS4. Xbox is shit lol. Seriously play War Its by far the best mode online. Just a shame there are only 3 operations. Hopefully they do more in the DLC

• Like 1