Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Call Of Duty : WW2

On 30/11/2017 at 19:47, Legend_in_blue said:

I would recommend getting COD MW simply because the standard of the players online is top notch. 

I can imagine lots of little kids playing this new one running round without a clue. 

I've actually found ww2 to be far more competitive than any cod I've played since maybe COD4 back in the day. Unless im just getting worse.

On 30/11/2017 at 19:47, Legend_in_blue said:

I would recommend getting COD MW simply because the standard of the players online is top notch. 

I can imagine lots of little kids playing this new one running round without a clue. 

9 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I've actually found ww2 to be far more competitive than any cod I've played since maybe COD4 back in the day. Unless im just getting worse.

I usually had a k.d of around 1.6 on previous CODs (except the last 2, I didn't bother with them because of all the futuristic sh*t) but this one I'm at 1.1, I do enjoy it though, even if I am getting worse as well. 

3 hours ago, Grantham Fox said:

I usually had a k.d of around 1.6 on previous CODs (except the last 2, I didn't bother with them because of all the futuristic sh*t) but this one I'm at 1.1, I do enjoy it though, even if I am getting worse as well. 

Yeah this is exactly me. I'd consider myself an average to average-good cod player, talking roughly a 1.6/1.7 in most previous versions.

Bit inconsistent, some days I could go in to a lobby and absolutely dominate hitting huge scores and winning every game. Other days I'd have an absolute shocker but absolute shocker meant going like 12/10 and missing a bunch of my 50/50s I'd expect to nail. 

On this one I'm rocking a 1.11 ( lol ) and an "absolute shocker" means failing to get anywhere near positive. 

• Like 1

Through every single other cod I have played I always always had a kd ratio greater than 3.0. Cannot get past 1.6, not enjoying it at all and just find myself wanting to play more Elite Dangerous. I think I'm just getting older, slower and my gaming tastes are changing.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah this is exactly me. I'd consider myself an average to average-good cod player, talking roughly a 1.6/1.7 in most previous versions.

Bit inconsistent, some days I could go in to a lobby and absolutely dominate hitting huge scores and winning every game. Other days I'd have an absolute shocker but absolute shocker meant going like 12/10 and missing a bunch of my 50/50s I'd expect to nail. 

On this one I'm rocking a 1.11 ( lol ) and an "absolute shocker" means failing to get anywhere near positive. 

Amazing how quick I go from dominating one game to getting dominated the next lol not really bothered with FIFA because I'm enjoying this COD :D

1 minute ago, Grantham Fox said:

Amazing how quick I go from dominating one game to getting dominated the next lol not really bothered with FIFA because I'm enjoying this COD :D

I'm finding connections on this one so erratic that I can swing wildly from a 14.0 ratio when hosting to going - 5 the next game because I can't land a single straight 1v1.

50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm finding connections on this one so erratic that I can swing wildly from a 14.0 ratio when hosting to going - 5 the next game because I can't land a single straight 1v1.

Yea connections can be such a bitch. So many times ive put like 7-8 bullets in someone and they stay alive. Then you watch a kill cam and 2 bullets in someones foot and they die.

War was even more frustrating last night. Playing Operation Breakout and defending the building at the start. 1 Person on my team decided to go all the way through the map (so passed the bridge, the bomb and right back to the church) and build all the guns, walls etc. Literally I watched him when I was waiting to respawn. Whats that all about lol We were trying to defend the bridge when he decided to come back and help. He still finished bottom of the group.

I wish you could limit the number of snipers as well. Operation Neptune is near impossible to take the bunkers if your team has a minimum of 2 snipers.

Ive said this a few times in this thread now. Its the one thing that really annoys me. Cant really blame the game though.

I prestiged for the first time last night. Used my prestige token on the BAR rifle so I have that all the time now.

My brother has it and I played it at the weekend. Back to basics but at least it's fun again. On the k/d point - it was only a small number of games but I was routinely getting 2/3+ KD games whereas on previous CODs my k/d always hovered around 1.1-1.4.

Starting to broaden my range of weapons. Find myself in tight spaces getting pounded by the shotgun with incendiary. So im now giving the shotgun a go but with the ribbon for taking another primary weapon. Also love having the extra grenade which helps massively. What are peoples fave loadouts on here?

Airborne - MP40, Pistol and the ribbon for an extra attachment

Infantry - BAR, Pistol and the scoped ribbon

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Starting to broaden my range of weapons. Find myself in tight spaces getting pounded by the shotgun with incendiary. So im now giving the shotgun a go but with the ribbon for taking another primary weapon. Also love having the extra grenade which helps massively. What are peoples fave loadouts on here?

Airborne - MP40, Pistol and the ribbon for an extra attachment

Infantry - BAR, Pistol and the scoped ribbon

I was running rifleman with the shotgun for a while but the better I've gotten with the combat shotgun the less I was using the secondary (mp40) so I've finally dropped it for hustle. 

My two main divisions are expeditionary and airborne. 

Exp I run hustle, combat shotgun with advanced rifling and steady aim, trip mines and concussion grenades. Suffice to say, I get a lot of hate messages for my trip mine spam haha. 

Airborne I've got three classes. 

Primed MP40 with reflex, grip, advanced rifling. Closest I come to an assault rifle class. 

Hustle, waffe 28 with steady aim and grip almost exclusively just for Pointe de Hoc but viable on a couple other maps. Just pure cqb face melting. Possibly the most satisfying gun on the game, pure comedy. 

Flanker, <any smg> (currently working on Ppsh) with attachments as appropriate. Using grip and advanced rifling for the PPSH. This is generally my "main" class I suppose. 

Edited by Finnegan

Ive still not used trip mines yet. Need to really look through my classes and think about what maps they are good for. I mainly play War so my classes really differ in what grenades I use.

I see Gun Game is coming back tomorrow. Used to love Gun Game and knifing people to piss them off lol 

Trip mines are probably a lot less useful in war. Spamming grenades probably more helpful on objectives. 

They're great on every map for tdm though. They're the hardest to spot that they've been in a while and they're replenishable from all corpses you kill with expeditionary 4.

I was running Expeditionary with the STG for ages, switched for a bit to the BAR, now mainly using the Type 100. Haven't got the MP40 yet unfortunately!

I did experiment running a sniper and a shotgun and it's worked out pretty well. I've always avoided both in previous games, but really enjoying using them in this one, feels fresh as!

Anyone know when any new maps will drop? Surely it'll be around Christmas?

Getting beyond a ****ing joke now all the disconnects and lag and taking ages to dial in to a game and crashing out on loading screens and everything else. 

All the effort gone in to winter siege and they can't even get the fundamentals right. 

Gets absurd after a while. 

8 hours ago, Turbogre said:

Loving the new Map, especially on domination, point B you can pick up so many kills, currently level 49, so not doing too badly, can't wait to unlock the BAR gun, using the MP40 atm. 

The Bar is a really good rifle. Best rifle for me by a mile. Still think the mp40 is best gun in the game tho. 

That map ive stopped catching the first point and I go straight for B. A well placed grenade will always get you a kill or 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...