Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Teams that can not mathematically catch us..

11 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Apart from the Champions League Dream this season is as forgettable as a big pimple on your Ass !!

We can only hope for a great Transfer Window and bring in some quality players for next seasons Top 5 finish !!

But my pimple won't let me forget it. Each time I sit down it's like a shard of glass...oh wait this isn't the medical ailment thread is it?  This summer transfer window is perhaps more important than last years

1 hour ago, worthosoriginals said:

Sorry but I disagree. 

We're  not far from safe, but near from safe.....

Depends on your outlook. My glass is half full.

@weller54 's glass isn't just half empty, it's completely empty and smashed on the floor. 

Well we can say Sunderland and Boro have gone I think we're safe with just 1 more win?

I'm really hoping when we are safe that Shaky gives some of the better fringe players some game time even a couple of the younger players that have been impressive this season !:scarf:

Despite all the complacent-like comments on this post, we're still not cast iron guaranteed safe yet by any means, especially if all of the teams (barring Sunderland and M'Boro') below us embark on a run like we did this time two seasons ago! So you can understand the pessimism floating around the forum at this juncture until it's mathematically impossible for the present 18th placed team to catch us up in a not too distant 15th of course! This, after what has largely been a very forgettable league season if we're being honest, at least compared to last season! - with only the Shakey inspired run over the past two months to date being the only bright spot. The home form has definitely been our saviour of late, we'd obviously be below Sunderland now had our home form mirrored our away! Even so I think we've only lost two in the last ten league games since just after the Swansea away disaster in mid Feb. so although we're not quite there just yet, it's looking better than the last time we were relegated to the lowest point in our history - in 2008 of course!  

23 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

This season is a right off, been atrocious... the players we have we should have been well safe by now. Thankfully we have had the CL to keep our minds of the rubbish in the league. 

Without the CL, we would not be discussing relegation. We were lucky to experience CL football and we will stay up.

We have 3 home games left, of which two are Watford and Bournemouth at home. I expect 6 points at home and 1-3 points away.

We will be safe and can start to build for next season where a mid-table finish would be good.

Logic suggests we should be okay with Swansea having to pick up points on us as a considerably greater rate than they've managed thus far this season. 

But having gained a bit of confidence with their latest win and us having faltered under the weight of injuries and too many games for an always thin squad, it's not quite so simple.

Because all our challengers in the relegation area will be fresher than us. There are still injury doubts about key man Morgan, Drinky's way off his best, Slimani seems like a permanent groin strain and absolutely nothing is guaranteed for us.

Our best chance is that teams like Watford and Bournemouth won't have much to play for and we're at home for those games and we do seem to remain a force at home. Four points from those two games should settle it - or even perhaps two and, we do have a game in hand.

So any £50 staked better against us would be high risk as indicated by the odds but nothing like as risky as the 5000/1 that brought it's reward for one or two when we won the title.

Ranieri has so much to answer for this season and I just hope Shaky can squeeze that last drop of effort from us after a season that showed how much we underestimated the demands of the Champions League on a club that isn't used to it or fully equipped for it.

On 27/4/2017 at 10:34, foxes_rule1978 said:

This season is a right off, been atrocious... the players we have we should have been well safe by now. Thankfully we have had the CL to keep our minds of the rubbish in the league. 

In the context of last season, yes. In the context of the majority of these players being involved in the relegation battle two seasons ago? Maybe not.

It's all ifs and buts at the moment........... Win today would be great and make it virtually impossible for us to go down

But this is Leicester we're talking about........... Anything could f***ing happen

I've written off this season like the rest of us. I'm hoping for better things next     :please:

Whoevers in charge

On 28/04/2017 at 09:30, KrefelderFox666 said:

Without the CL, we would not be discussing relegation. We were lucky to experience CL football and we will stay up.

We have 3 home games left, of which two are Watford and Bournemouth at home. I expect 6 points at home and 1-3 points away.

We will be safe and can start to build for next season where a mid-table finish would be good.

With our wage bill, I suspect a mid table finish will be viewed as an under achievement 

Fancy us to win today and be almost home. Probably 2 wins against WBA and Middlesborough (sure it them we have to play stil?) will do it and anything against the big team will be a bonus. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived