Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HoustonFox

West Brom Pre Match Thread

28 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Start either Gray or Mahrez behind Vardy, both have the technical ability to take the ball forward from this position and can actually hit the target. They'll also have more freedom without having to try and work a shooting opportunity from the wings.

I really think Gray will make a splash on Saturday. If he can't get fired up and perform as a Brummie against the Baggies, he never will. Same logic applies to Albrighton though. I do like your idea of trying one of Mahrez or Gray up top but I can't see past Shinji being selected. 

I think it will be same team, with different instructions and potentially Gray coming on to have a go, depending on situation. Early goal is vital. 

Must win really. We are again dropping quickly and should we finish just clear of the relegation zone, it won't fairly reflect the quality of the team. I'm digressing but the ridiculous re-scheduling of games did'nt help us and, on reflection, I'm really pissed off with Sky for the timing of that interview with Claudio...It's like they secretly wanted to rock the boat for us, knowing we were doing so well with Shakey...

I just hope the lads have'nt gone flat (emotionally as well as physically) after the disappointment of exiting the Champions League.

Really need to take advantage of West Brom's poor form to get another away win and we owe them for that home defeat.

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

Schmeichel

Simpson

Benny

Huth

Chillwell

Ndidi

Drinks

Albrighton

Mahrez

Gray

Vardy

*Screw it, may as well give Chillers some game time.

Absolutely no way we don't start Fuch's....He's been great for us lately

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Christ! A midfield pairing of Ndidi and Amartey scares me to death. Where is the experience, the composure and the calmness when playing away from home against a strong side? Just because Drinkwater ain't been playing well (I still think he's probably only 80% fit), it don't mean we are gonna look any safer without him. Those two in central midfield are strong, athletic lads but I fear we'd be over-run.

Agree....as much as Drinks has been average at best he's a better choice than Amartey

Kasper

Simpson

Benalouane

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Amartey

Ndidi

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Gray, Kapustka, Ulloa, Chilwell, Zieler, Drinkwater, Musa

Drinkwater looks jaded to me and his penchant for niggly fouls in our own half is enough for me to want him to sit out this as West Brom offer very little except from set pieces and picking up 2nd balls, Amartey will give us the extra height that we miss if Okazaki comes back in for Ulloa which needs to happen.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kasper

Simpson

Benalouane

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Amartey

Ndidi

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Gray, Kapustka, Ulloa, Chilwell, Zieler, Drinkwater, Musa

Drinkwater looks jaded to me and his penchant for niggly fouls in our own half is enough for me to want him to sit out this as West Brom offer very little except from set pieces and picking up 2nd balls, Amartey will give us the extra height that we miss if Okazaki comes back in for Ulloa which needs to happen.

"Okakaki" has offered very little for months!.. Rather an 80% fit Drinkwater in the team... Get rid in the summer please! 

About time some of the players the forum members have been slating stand-up for themselves and put in a decent performance. A goal from any of them would be nice too. One other point, we are racking up the bookings so who's due a ban? In my form list below interesting to see 4 out of 5 are defenders / goalkeepers. 

Praise the lord for Kasper. 

The cold list: DD, Shinji, Leo, Slim, Kingy, Musa, Mahrez

The tepid list: Amartey, Gray, Albrighton, Benny, Wilfred 

The hot list: Huth, Fuchs, Vards, Simpson, Schmeichel

Not registered: Kaputska, Zieler, Was, Wes

19 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Christ! A midfield pairing of Ndidi and Amartey scares me to death. Where is the experience, the composure and the calmness when playing away from home against a strong side? Just because Drinkwater ain't been playing well (I still think he's probably only 80% fit), it don't mean we are gonna look any safer without him. Those two in central midfield are strong, athletic lads but I fear we'd be over-run.

Agreed. If anything, add Amartey without subtracting Drinkwater.

Stat time 

• West Brom have found the back of the net in each of their last 17 meetings with Leicester City in all competitions, scoring exactly twice in the last four in a row.
  • The Foxes have won three of their last four trips to the Hawthorns (L1), winning the last two by a 3-2 scoreline.
  • Jamie Vardy has scored in both of his Premier League appearances versus the Baggies at the Hawthorns (two goals).
  • Riyad Mahrez has had a hand in four goals in his last three games against West Brom in the Premier League (two goals, two assists).
  • Mahrez has been involved in eight goals in 31 Premier League appearances this season (five goals, three assists). After 31 PL apps in their title-winning campaign of 2015-16, the Algerian had been involved in 27 goals (16 goals, 11 assists).
  • Salomón Rondón has scored in two of his three Premier League matches against Leicester, but did fail to bag in the reverse fixture versus the Foxes in November.
  • The Baggies have never previously failed to score in five consecutive league games within the top four tiers before.
  • Overall, Tony Pulis’ side have now gone 375 minutes without a goal in the Premier League and have failed to score with any of their 45 shots since their 3-1 win against Arsenal in March.
  • West Bromwich Albion have suffered more defeats in their last seven Premier League matches (5) than they had in their previous 16 matches in the competition (4).
  • After winning his first six competitive games in charge of Leicester City, Craig Shakespeare has now failed to win any of the last five games in all competitions as the Foxes’ manager (W0 D2 L3).

Archived