Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

How much longer are we gonna persist with Drinkwater?

34 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You kinda think that foxes talk loses some credibility when there is a thread set up to bash a player like Drinkwater. I guess if it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone. The problem, of course, is that the club didn't sign anyone to compliment him until we got Ndidi..and he won't be fantastic any game. I so hope that what many on here are wanting (Drinkwater to be dropped) don't happen for the next game. God knows how we'd look in the middle.

You need to get off your high horse pal. You routinely bashed a 21 year old Amartey. Poor lad was thrown into the deep end in a struggling side and you've absolutely rinsed him.

55 minutes ago, Koke said:

You need to get off your high horse pal. You routinely bashed a 21 year old Amartey. Poor lad was thrown into the deep end in a struggling side and you've absolutely rinsed him.

If you really read my posts, you'll see that I've frequently said I didn't blame Amartey. He WAS thrown in at the deep end, far too quickly..something I'm afraid we are also doing with Ndidi.,..I remember how we lost our first four? games when Ndidi came into the side. It's all tantamount to a terrible summer recruitment.

Read the posts Koke before you start hurling accusations. I admit I don't rate Amartey on anything like the scale that many people do on here, especially not as a central midfielder. IMO, he's a CB. I've made that clear. I've also made it clear that he's had far too little time to bed-in and that the fault for that lies with the club, not the player.

There is a lot of assumption made on here by posters who don't actually read what is being written. You being the latest example. I don't rate Amartey as a footballer, from what I've seen so far. But I don't rate Mendy or Musa either..and no-one seems bothered by that one little bit.

Amartey imo is a centre-back AND needed time which we didn't give him.

39 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If you really read my posts, you'll see that I've frequently said I didn't blame Amartey. He WAS thrown in at the deep end, far too quickly..something I'm afraid we are also doing with Ndidi.,..I remember how we lost our first four? games when Ndidi came into the side. It's all tantamount to a terrible summer recruitment.

Read the posts Koke before you start hurling accusations. I admit I don't rate Amartey on anything like the scale that many people do on here, especially not as a central midfielder. IMO, he's a CB. I've made that clear. I've also made it clear that he's had far too little time to bed-in and that the fault for that lies with the club, not the player.

There is a lot of assumption made on here by posters who don't actually read what is being written. You being the latest example. I don't rate Amartey as a footballer, from what I've seen so far. But I don't rate Mendy or Musa either..and no-one seems bothered by that one little bit.

Amartey imo is a centre-back AND needed time which we didn't give him.

Well I have read your posts and you slaughter Amartey, 

Selective memory me thinks.

I'm pretty sure that drinky is suffering with his injury. We know he can't train properly between games which has to affect his fitness. I have also noticed him being very uncomfortable playing certain passes re body shape. would be very surprised if he doesn't need have an op soon after the season is over (maybe even before ) and we will see our old drinky back in August. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I'm pretty sure that drinky is suffering with his injury. We know he can't train properly between games which has to affect his fitness. I have also noticed him being very uncomfortable playing certain passes re body shape. would be very surprised if he doesn't need have an op soon after the season is over (maybe even before ) and we will see our old drinky back in August. 

Same here..I don't think he's been fully fit all season but has actually battled on for the team. If true, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

I thought DD injury or not was ok last night, not fantastic but ok, would have helped to have an extra body in the midfield whoever it was, didn't really see what either Ulloa or Shinji could bring to that game an I actually think King better than Amartey in CM an as long as he plays with 2 others in there he's more than capable to fill in for the odd game or two here an there even away to Arsenal.

3 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Both had great seasons last year, both been poor this year..

fans are selective who they hammer.

need any more relevance ?

Fair enough ...  thought for a minute you were a Mahrez fan boy who turn every bleedin thread on here into a debate about Mahrez ...

1 minute ago, Rigga said:

Both had great seasons last year, both been poor this year..

fans are selective who they hammer.

need any more relevance ?

Personally I think you know what you get with Drinkwater. When fully fit, he's all energy, scurrying around the central area, winning possession etc. He's been ok this season, not helped by poor players around him, except Ndidi (although even he can succumb to a poor display every so often). 

Mahrez, vis a vis last season has been a huge let down. He's the talisman, the player who can create chances and win a game out of nothing. And I'm afraid he's been nothing like last season's player of the season. He's not created much, hasn't scored many and just gets taken off the ball far too easily. 

When on it, he's world class and in a different league to Drinkwater. So yes, the difference in Mahrez this season is very relevant.

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Fair enough ...  thought for a minute you were a Mahrez fan boy who turn every bleedin thread on here into a debate about Mahrez ...

Nope, I can just imagine those slating Mahrez are not slating Drinky and offering excuses for Drinky and his average season

2 minutes ago, Rigga said:

I doubt it...

Fair enough ...   then go and start a 'Why do people who slate Mahrez defend DD' thread ...   bung in a few stats to back it up and have a good old debate about it ...   Go on, knock yourself out !    :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

What p1sses me off most Col is that he was part of, Imo, THE best midfield pairing in the prem last season ...   Yes 50 bleeding per cent of it !! ...   and one leaves and it's all 'respect respect' and he stays and gets this sh1te ....   I despair. 

ha ha .. seen nothing .. try to be on Mahrez side for a day on this forum with 'moderators' having you under microscope  ..

In fact, you are right. More often than not, threads on this forum seem to revolve magically around a debate about Mahrez lol  ..

now be easy on me bud .. :sweating:

19 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Clearly he's been struggling with an injury yet is prepared to put himself on the line every week and do a job for the cause because obviously the management think it's a better option that the alternatives we have.

He doesn't pick the team! He's asked to do a job and he does it. 

Maybe just maybe we should be praising this guy for his commitment not slate him when there have been other worse players on the pitch than him this season. 

He made himself unavailable for the last 3 England squads while he rested up.

And last night? I thought he was one of our best players on the pitch. 

We are definitely a worse team without him carrying an injury or not.

Get the problem resolved in the summer and I'm sure we will see the Drinky we know. Class player and we are lucky to have him. 

Well said, the memories of some people is astonishing. We need another excellent CM so Ndidi and Drinkwater can rotate and freshen up.

I put this to you all - that poor individual performances are, by and large, a result of cause and effect. Maybe the mids sit too deep, maybe we lose possession too easily further up, perhaps the defenders hoof it ineffectively.......once it happens enough times, heads drop, confidence drains, a player (maybe Drinky, maybe Mahrez, but really it could be any of them) has a blatant shocker, and then we have someone to (probably wrongly) pinpoint as the issue.

I remember the Ken Way stuff about 'terrorist' behaviour being infectious - I suspect bad play on the field emerges in much the same way.

On 4/26/2017 at 22:58, Koke said:

I like the guy but he's been a passenger for 6 months now. I'm losing patience with him.

Not sure what exactly is the point of Amartey and King if neither can dislodge an out of form Drinkwater. 

Mahrez gets it in the neck every week but DD doesn't get half the stick Mahrez gets and he's arguably been worse.

Could you expand a bit please? What isn't DD doing, in your opinion, that he's supposed to be doing? 

Drinky is not up to the required level from what I can see. Had 1 great season with Kante at the side of him but bear in mind it was predominantly James with Cambiasso when things picked up and this season he has been largely poor.  He looks a yard off the pace, hangs on to the ball too long and seems more intent on going backwards/sideways. his passing accuracy has been questionable too for long periods this year. we want to be pushing on as a club, trying to cement a top 10 finish consistently. Centre Mid is such an integral position it needs serious quality/consistency to make that possible.  Drinky in my mind should be playing catch up to someone in that position for now - of course, things can change and consistency can return.

He's been absolute garbage for ages.

Anyone who thinks his performance at Arsenal was decent must be on a high dosage of hallucinogenic drugs.

The chap has forgotten how to be positive with or without the ball. He never drives into space, he rarely passes a decent forward ball and more often than not gives it away at short distance or thumps it long to nobody.

I absolutely love DD, I think he was possibly the driving force to the title in the centre, but **** me has he regressed.

We have a central midfield who are terrified of going over the half way line.

No wonder Mahrez looks terrible, not one fellow midfielder want to join him up the pitch.

We need to improve.  

On 2017-4-27 at 07:36, crisp packet said:

Thought he had his best game in ages? 

He needs Vardy moving ? But that didn't happen... hasn't since Everton.

Absolutely incredible insight here... lets scapegoat Vardy again and blame him for Drinky's horror form because he's not putting in enough 'effort'. 

DD had a very poor game against Arsenal, his first touch deserted him, he forgot how to release the ball, and generally had a negative impact on our performance. But apart from the back 4 on Wednesday, it was a pretty poor performance from our forward players all round  

Archived