Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

How much longer are we gonna persist with Drinkwater?

8 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

He's absolutely knackered. Yet somehow you can see him bombing back and trying to help the defence. Those who are calling for him to go are so far removed from reality it hurts. As already posted Danny needs to be occasionally rotated or given competition. Our midfield options have been limited this season and it has shown. In the form his is in playing against City and Spurs we are going to suffer badly. We can't keep hoofing upfront. We tried that on many occasions today and failed miserably.

Nobody is calling for him to leave the club. Its not tjat serious. People just want and hope to get a new CM so his place is not guaranteed. Our current back up CMs are so poor. 

Mahrez has been slated on here for 6 months but Drinkwater has been worse than him.

Who realistically would we sign who is genuinely better than Danny? Jake Livermore mentioned on this thread, based on today I'll stick with Danny.

blokes carrying an injury, has put club before country, played virtually every game, is educating Ndidi, and is probably in need of a rest.

Shakespeare knows his value....

Now safety is more or less guaranteed.

let some of the young dogs be given their wishes.Lets see what Shakespeare can conjure up.

If its true about his injuries and "burn out" , now is the time to start his re-hab, not waiting until

the EOS.  It favours nor helps no one or nothing...

Drop Okazaki into midfield, replace DD. Give Kapu/Gray/Chilwell  the last games.

We also need to see if Shakespeare, can give us a different set up, not by major surgery, but by tweeking

it a little. The defence looks solid again, so tweeking midfield wont see us taking any drubbings.

Welcome James back into the fold, Championship is for all tense and purposes over.

I would love some positivity, and thoughts towards next season, be shown openly, we were last seasons

champions....the fans also deserve to be shown, there is a  developing ambition..

We were let down this season, the club lost its way, during this our best ever era, it needs now a kick start,

not a dry turgid EOS.  

32 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Who realistically would we sign who is genuinely better than Danny? Jake Livermore mentioned on this thread, based on today I'll stick with Danny.

blokes carrying an injury, has put club before country, played virtually every game, is educating Ndidi, and is probably in need of a rest.

Like Kante...one man doesnt make the team, I want to keep Danny........but it aint a must.

Wouldnt it be the right ambition, to find him a top quality partner, that compliment both he and Ndidi.

Plus quality cover, where we are not forced to keep wearing out individual players.

Strange, in our season of glory and the one after , Not just Ranieri, but the club also forgot this simple rule of actioning developement.

We should also see thst King isnt forced to play DM again, he is a better player than that...

Drop italian prentions and Play the Brit way...using a sprinkling of mixed spice..!!!

7 hours ago, shen said:

Uhh our players were saying it before the game, the opposition was saying it before the game and we effectively peppered them with high crosses and long throws into the box. We had scored a large percentage of our goals in the CL from dead ball sitations. Not sure how you didn't notice.

You are not understanding. 

Amartey stayed in defence and was not used as an attacking threat. 

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It's simple. Drinkwater is knackered and isn't fully fit.

Like Tuna said above..we haven't any other viable options. Shakey clearly don't trust Amartey  (Good, neither do i), King is average at this level and Mendy is a sick note.

I'm so glad we won cos it means we are safe bar the shouting.

You get your amartey digs in on any thread eh? even  in the 'have a go at drinky' thread.

2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Adrien silva 

Absolute confidence player. It's been said over and over again and he's his own worst critic. You could see today that he was overtrying and was completely crushed by that harsh yellow. There were flashes of him today but were spoiled by him swinging between either trying too hard and giving the ball away or getting the ball and giving it back straight away. I'm sure he's a "play through it" kind of guy and that's why Shakey won't drop / sub him. King came on and looked ok but not sure he can do the Drinky role for 90, hence him not coming in. I'm sure with safety almost guaranteed and some pressure off, we may see a flash from Drinky that kick starts him. 

Worst case, we know he'll be good again next season! ?

Fanatics seem to be the least patient of all supporters.  One has a bad half year and the "let's drop him" crowd wakes up.  I admit he's off, but let's not go bonkers yet.  As far as the rest are concerned, yes to getting more midfielders.  You can never have too many!:P

10 hours ago, Koke said:

Nobody is calling for him to leave the club. Its not tjat serious. People just want and hope to get a new CM so his place is not guaranteed. Our current back up CMs are so poor. 

Mahrez has been slated on here for 6 months but Drinkwater has been worse than him.

Mahrez is a vastly superior player that's why, he's fallen a lot further than DD in performances and someone of his quality should be better.

Yesterday, seemed to go through phrases of good to the absolutely rubbish. Looks spent and in need of a rest. The yellow card stemmed from his own frustration of feeling an elbow to the face from Dawson and Dawson not getting any punishment for it.

It is feasible we could finish top ten. Take last year out of our reasoning, we would traditionally be delighted with a top ten finish.

i am also surprised at some of the reaction to yesterday's performance, thought Kasper, Huth, Albrighton, Vardy, Ndidi and Fuchs were excellent, clean sheet, away win safe with 4 games to go.

if you take form over last ten games we are top six........we are doing fine

14 hours ago, Koke said:

They occupy different roles and Mahrez has been (rightfully or not) slated for not delivering the goods up front the way we've gotten to know him last season. He's probably our biggest creative threat up front, yet has shown little to no solution to overcome his slump and opposing players doubling up on him (nothing new by now). I also haven't read anything about him carrying an injury hampering his movements or abilities...

Drinkwater is see more as a grafter with the odd genius long ball or ground pass, he covers an entirely different area and for whatever reason, Shakespeare has persisted with him in central midfield, but we aren't exactly spoilt for choices. Maybe a Drinkwater at 80 to 90 percent is still better than our other options? Can you see King carry our game for a full 90 minutes? Ndidi is still a bit too young and prone to simple errors going forward, and Amartey is not an attacking-minded midfielder. So who shall it be instead?

The issue here can again be followed back to our somewhat questionable transfer policy last summer.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yesterday, seemed to go through phrases of good to the absolutely rubbish. Looks spent and in need of a rest. The yellow card stemmed from his own frustration of feeling an elbow to the face from Dawson and Dawson not getting any punishment for it.

That's a good way to describe his season, not just yesterday's performance. But with fewer games to play next season and the Ndidi / Drinkwater partnership ready from the get go, I think he'll be more consistent for us.

Ultmately though I think we need to evolve the team a little. I don't think we can play the counter attack forever, and should instead look to reatin the ability to counter, but also be able to wear down teams with more of an attacking threat. Atletico Madrid are probably the role model for our current team and squad, who are essentially a better version of us. I would like to see us sign either a class technical midfielder like Adrien Silva and / or sign a more technical number 10 to play behind Vardy. I'd absolutely love to see Sigurdsson here and think even if we had to break our transfer record to do it that he would be worth it. His running stats are fantastic and yet he also posses a huge threat on offence via goal scoring and set pieces. I think we'd still have room in the squad for Okazaki, but think he'd be an upgrade. Either way it would give us more of the ball at times which I think would help Drinkwater.

4 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Absolute confidence player. It's been said over and over again and he's his own worst critic. You could see today that he was overtrying and was completely crushed by that harsh yellow. There were flashes of him today but were spoiled by him swinging between either trying too hard and giving the ball away or getting the ball and giving it back straight away. I'm sure he's a "play through it" kind of guy and that's why Shakey won't drop / sub him. King came on and looked ok but not sure he can do the Drinky role for 90, hence him not coming in. I'm sure with safety almost guaranteed and some pressure off, we may see a flash from Drinky that kick starts him. 

Worst case, we know he'll be good again next season! ?

Agree, DD is a confidence player, no pressure may help him, get the sports psychologist back. His body and mind seem knackered.

29 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

That's a  bit rich coming  from the man who's on his high horse here constantly.

Approaching 30 thousand times.

Not worth it - Col is a great guy, but for some reason cannot see his own provocation for what it is.

Matty James has one game left on his loan deal at Barnsley. Would it be worth recalling him straight after the game next Sunday to get him in for the last two games thereby reintegrating him into the team and giving Drinky a breather? Just a thought.

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Matty James has one game left on his loan deal at Barnsley. Would it be worth recalling him straight after the game next Sunday to get him in for the last two games thereby reintegrating him into the team and giving Drinky a breather?

Is he in the squad?

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

lol Oh shit, yeah! Don't actually know?!

My guess would be no. And I would be wrong it seems.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/84136

Leicester City

25 Squad players (*=Home grown)
*Albrighton, Marc Kevin
Amartey, Daniel
*Drinkwater, Daniel Noel
Fuchs, Christian
*Hamer, Benjamin John
Hernandez Rodriguez, Luis
*Huth, Robert
*James, Matthew Lee
*King, Andrew