Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shen

Jamie Vardy

Best player to wear the Leicester shirt since Lineker at the very least.

Not sure people can still have many questions over his place in Leicester's history. Will go down as one of the absolute elite of the club's history.

5 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

He can't score without the ball...

I know. Felt a bit sorry for him at times under Ranieri this season. If the team weren't so bad he'd be on at least 20 goals by now.

44 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Today's celebration lol. What a man.

I love his attitude. I'm sure fans of other clubs must hate him and I'm sure they won't see it this way but they should enjoy the way he plays too because he's one of the few characters in the game. So many bland, generic players out then there's JV getting wired on Red Bull and Skittles before winding up everyone he can for 90 minutes. 

It's for the same reason that I can't dislike players like Ibrahimovic and even Dele - I like players with a bit of devil about them, at least they're not boring.*

*With the notable exception of Joey Barton, I really dislike him.

I was someone that criticised him heavily during the early part of the season, thining his new contract had gone to his head. In reality, I feel like the tactical change of telling him (and the team in general) not to press from the front led to poor performances from both Vardy and the team. Since Shakespeare has come in, we've gone back to our trademark style and Vardy has been his imperious best once again. Without his goals we'd be in serious trouble and this year he's been the main man as goals from Riyad have dried up.

I'm pretty certain he'll be here next season. If we could make more chances for Vardy I'm sure he'd score a lot more goals, and I hope the backroom staff keep this in mind with recruitment next year.

Yesterday's goal was top class. Shinji spotted the potential in an instant, delivered a slide-rule pass and Vardy applied the perfect pre-conceived finish.

It looked simple but it was typical Leicester and a Vardy classic.

Pulis had clearly warned his team about the dangers of conceding "on the changeover" but, when they made their mistake, we pounced and left them no time to recover. Stalk-and-strike, "ambush" football. Absolutely brilliant.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I was someone that criticised him heavily during the early part of the season, thining his new contract had gone to his head. In reality, I feel like the tactical change of telling him (and the team in general) not to press from the front led to poor performances from both Vardy and the team. Since Shakespeare has come in, we've gone back to our trademark style and Vardy has been his imperious best once again. Without his goals we'd be in serious trouble and this year he's been the main man as goals from Riyad have dried up.

I'm pretty certain he'll be here next season. If we could make more chances for Vardy I'm sure he'd score a lot more goals, and I hope the backroom staff keep this in mind with recruitment next year.

Me too. I think I was probably in denial that Ranieri was perhaps the reason why we were not playing well - and it wasnt just the players not giving a shit. Plus we didn't really have a midfield until Ndidi. King and Amartey - never again pls.

I know he comes across like a rat, his wife's a mess and all other club fans hate him.

But I ****ing love that he's our No.9 and England's too.  

Reminds me of how everyone hated Savage when he was with us - and you need a player or two like that in your squad.

His celebration yesterday was hilarious too ? 

Wow, some of you lot have changed your minds about him from the back end of Ranieri's reign here. Some of the stuff I've read on this forum about Vardy has been unwarranted. 

He's an absolute hero and is up there with our very best.

We've had hard working centre forwards before, we've had talented centre forwards before, and we've had clever centre forwards before. Vardy is all three.

I don't think (in my time at least) that we've had a striker of his calibre who is also in his prime. He is still underrated by opponents and by a lot of us. I hope he stays with us as long as he plays.

Shinzi still managed to fall over when making the pass.!

From MOTD I thought we looked pretty mobile and organised/fluid in the usual system.

No reason now we could not get to 8th.

If you had gone to sleep last may and wake up with 8th and the C:L games I think you be fairly happy.

8 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Shinzi still managed to fall over when making the pass.!

From MOTD I thought we looked pretty mobile and organised/fluid in the usual system.

No reason now we could not get to 8th.

If you had gone to sleep last may and wake up with 8th and the C:L games I think you be fairly happy.

There are about 6 teams that could finish 8th, hopefully it's us. 

27 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

a) How do rats come across?

b) How do you know (and what the f**k has it got to do with it anyway)?

c) Who cares?

A) a bit like your reaction - irritated, spiky, etc.

B) whilst pregnant with Vardy's child, she publicly said that Peter Andre was shit in bed - that's one of many things which are messed up

C) I do - that's why I wrote it

Best wishes.

10 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

A) a bit like your reaction - irritated, spiky, etc.

B) whilst pregnant with Vardy's child, she publicly said that Peter Andre was shit in bed - that's one of many things which are messed up

C) I do - that's why I wrote it

Best wishes.

Well I had no idea that rats were that way.

Otherwise, I suggest you get out more.

8 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

I know he comes across like a rat, his wife's a mess and all other club fans hate him.

But I ****ing love that he's our No.9 and England's too.  

Reminds me of how everyone hated Savage when he was with us - and you need a player or two like that in your squad.

His celebration yesterday was hilarious too ? 

Excuse me...!!!  What gives you the right to come out with statements like that over his wife. 

Shows your up bringing, and lack of social up bringing..

Ooops!!   are you the Sun editor in disguise..

Archived