Worthington

Cricket 2017

216 posts in this topic

Ridiculous win for Somerset today.

Set 291 to win by Surrey, capitulated to 22-5, yet still won by 4 wickets with around 4 overs to spare.....Can't recall similar in many a year !

My Eyes!

_95880555_englandkitlaunchgetty.jpg.9ba696d7a8039dfb053dc5ad13f2f1cc.jpg

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

My Eyes!

People will actually but them, scarey.

I saw Stuart Broad in the Three crowns Wymeswold tonight. He runs it with Harry Gurney.

9 hours ago, isaidno said:

I saw Stuart Broad in the Three crowns Wymeswold tonight. He runs it with Harry Gurney.

Hope Harry has a personality the other fella has less personality than a garden snail 

On 5/3/2017 at 12:54, AjcW said:

My Eyes!

Christ. Would'n't even look good on a 90's South American Goalkeeper.

Anyone else think the TV coverage for domestic cricket here is absolutely woeful.

There was a time when Sky would show at least one game every matchday, now it's just the IPL/Big Bash, Internationals with the odd weekend game here and there.

How are we meant to grow the game in the country when they promote nothing :rolleyes: It's like today, 7 Royal one day cup games and not showing a single one...

Only a good thing if terrestrial channels can provide as good a service as Sky do. In fairness to Sky their coverage of the game is excellent and their analysis of matches is very engaging imo.

2 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Only a good thing if terrestrial channels can provide as good a service as Sky do. In fairness to Sky their coverage of the game is excellent and their analysis of matches is very engaging imo.

I agree sky have done a really good job but hopefully terestrial TV will bring it to a larger audience and we start to see attendances pick up domestically.

Return of international cricket :scarf:

Lose toss and an early wicket     :blink:

Two absolute beastly batting line ups, ion a decent pitch par could be 350 in these matches.

Some absolutely superb batting this afternoon. SA will need 340 to win!

Great knock from Ali and excellent stuff from the captain. Still might be 10 or 15 short against that batting line up though.

best total on that ground I believe.

Morgan was brilliant, as was Ali.

South Africa will have confidence in their line-up though! ABDV, Du Plessis, Amla, De Kock, Miller - all capable of a good knock.

Great win all round, that. Morgan and Moeen with great knocks and didn't panic when it looked like SA were on track, just kept plugging, kept it tight and forced the collapse.

Also...

On 05/17/2017 at 06:27, StanSP said:

liking this news

YUS. :chant:

SA have been terrible these last 10-15 overs. Short balls getting smacked for 4 consistently by Buttler and previously Stoke. I know it's powerplay but they've lost their discipline. Their fielding has been shocking all innings as well - about 4 or 5 really good chances missed in the field.

superb ending to the match. brilliant final over from Wood. Morris smacked in the penultimate over. Needed 7 off the final 6, then 4 off the final ball. Wood bowled very well to restrict them in that over!

Great win!

Beginning to understand why we're favourites for the CT.

On 5/24/2017 at 22:10, leicsmac said:

Great win all round, that. Morgan and Moeen with great knocks and didn't panic when it looked like SA were on track, just kept plugging, kept it tight and forced the collapse.

Also...

YUS. :chant:

Providing it's also on Sky at the same time I have no problem with this, if it's taken off them full stop and we have to endure the awful terrestial sports coverage then it will be tragic.

Our ODI side is amazing, strongest team we have had. 

Dan Lawrence scored another century today, 19 years old and averaging nearly 50 over 18 months - no need to mess about, get him in the Test side right away.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Providing it's also on Sky at the same time I have no problem with this, if it's taken off them full stop and we have to endure the awful terrestial sports coverage then it will be tragic.

Our ODI side is amazing, strongest team we have had. 

Dan Lawrence scored another century today, 19 years old and averaging nearly 50 over 18 months - no need to mess about, get him in the Test side right away.

Fair enough. Just make sure the plebs can watch it too - we need an alterative to Bumble and his ECB sycophants (as talented a team as they are).

The ODI teams batting never ceases to amaze me - got strength capable of going berserk when needed all the way down to 10 and we've actually, finally cottoned onto the idea that at least a little different technique from Tests is needed.

Where does Lawrence bat? We definitely need more middle order strength.

what's going on with Roy? Not done too well in the warm-up matches. Out early (to Rabada again). Hit a lovely four the ball before tbf lol 

this match might be over quite quickly lol 

England 20-5 and not even 6 overs in!

okay this is ridiculous.

20-6. 5 overs down.

Rabada 4 wickets for 12 runs.

Du Plessis has taken 2 great catches.