Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

WBA Away Post Match Thread 0 - 1

Woo-****ing Hoo..!!! :scarf:

Couldn't sit still watching the game - it was awful. Drinky poor and Mahrez a bit...meh, but everyone else was bang on. 

Thank Christ for Benny - stepped in and has been flawless, gawd knows what we would've done if he'd thrown his toys out the pram earlier in the season, and gone awol. 

Bring on the top 10...

Mini league of 9 now from West Brom 44 points down to Burnley on 36 points. Would be good if we could get into the top 3 of that group and a top half finish. That's what we have to do now and I think we can do that with three games out of four at home. Down to the players and Shakey to finish the season well as it looks like several teams are already slipping the flip-flops on.

19 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Big ask for Blackburn to get a point away at Brentford. Unless, Tom Lawrence just puts five past them to destroy their goal difference.

I think Brentford will be half arsed considering warburton left them and I think they wouldn't mind seeing him and forest go down IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Milo said:

Woo-****ing Hoo..!!! :scarf:

Couldn't sit still watching the game - it was awful. Drinky poor and Mahrez a bit...meh, but everyone else was bang on. 

Thank Christ for Benny - stepped in and has been flawless, gawd knows what we would've done if he'd thrown his toys out the pram earlier in the season, and gone awol. 

Bring on the top 10...

Hmm i sorta have to differ with you.

I thought Mahrez had a decent game and was a bit unlucky. And as for Benny's passing, i thought it was atrocious. Hoof ball hope it goes to a blue shirt :(

Safe! It was never in doubt! :unsure:

Didn't sound the greatest of games but an important 3 points.

Now, I'm hearing we're only 4 points off 8th? I thought 8th was well out the question but it sounds very catchable. 9th was my target and it still is but we should be looking towards 8th now :giggle: Just a case of finishing as high as possible now, it has been for weeks, but its nice to know nothing is hanging over our heads now and we are safe.

Super happy we won today! Messy game but at least we managed to do more than most of the other PL teams today and SCORE!

Predictions for the remainder of the season

Watford home - win

Man city away - lose :(

Spurs home - draw (PRAYING for a win)

Bournemouth home win 

So 47 points finish, which in relative terms if we can do it is acceptable and something we can work on next season.

Thoughts ?

Good win... Not as entertaining as previous two wins there but I'll take that and take the clean sheet 

Away end better than then Arsenal one. 

No stand out players just a hard fought grind of a win. 

Finish in top ten now please 

Huth and Albrighton exceptional.

Benalouane had a nightmare start but turned it round to have a very good game.

Simpson and Fuchs were as dependable as ever.

Schmeichel was commanding and held everything - even some dangerous shots he easily could've spilled.

Ndidi had another good game.

But the difference, as it so often is, was Vardy - he's so clinical. One chance and it's in. I still think many fans undervalue him. We've not had a player of his ilk for decades.

6 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

How did Ndidi do? 

Solid 7/10 I'd say. Won a decent amount in the air against a physical team, and was otherwise defensively sound. The only thing I'd say is I'd like to see him drive forward with the ball more when he has the opportunity, but under the circumstances I won't criticise him too much today :thumbup:

Archived