Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

WBA Away Post Match Thread 0 - 1

31 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Solid 7/10 I'd say. Won a decent amount in the air against a physical team, and was otherwise defensively sound. The only thing I'd say is I'd like to see him drive forward with the ball more when he has the opportunity, but under the circumstances I won't criticise him too much today :thumbup:

Reckon the honey moon period has ended now? 'Better than Kantè' etc. Looks a decent prospect but never going to Kantes level, don't think anyone will be for a long time.

Thought Ndidi was very good today. Broke up a lot of their moves with his positioning and tackling. 

We are safe! Get in. Time to have some fun for a few weeks whilst lining up a couple of great summer signings. 

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Super happy we won today! Messy game but at least we managed to do more than most of the other PL teams today and SCORE!

Predictions for the remainder of the season

Watford home - win

Man city away - lose :(

Spurs home - draw (PRAYING for a win)

Bournemouth home win 

So 47 points finish, which in relative terms if we can do it is acceptable and something we can work on next season.

Thoughts ?

I think we might snatch at point at Man City.  United managed it last week...you never know.  Hoping the other predictions are right too.  We'll have done well at the end of the season if all this comes together.

37 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Reckon the honey moon period has ended now? 'Better than Kantè' etc. Looks a decent prospect but never going to Kantes level, don't think anyone will be for a long time.

He's not better than Kante. But then again he's also 5 years younger I think? That's a lot of development time. The 'honeymoon period' has ended, yes, but it's hardly a bad start to married life, if you'll let me continue the metaphor, for the guy. 

2 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Well I think this kid is pretty special and will end up at a top team.  He's only 20 years old and taken to the premier league like a natural.

6 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

WE'RE TOP OF THE bottom half of the LEAGUE!!!!!!!

I reckon (haven't done the maths) But our form since Shaky took over, we would be a top 6 team at least and be playing Europe again. Good sign for next season.

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Got to be the smallest post match thread in awhile. Everyone checked out now we are safe? lol

Stands to reason?  Away win; safe; meltdowns cancelled.  :thumbup:  But not a match to be effusive about.

Just glad of the consistency of the back line, Ndidi and Schmeichel, and of Vardy's ruthless finishing.   That proves out as a mid-table core, but I had hoped the identity of this team would be more under Shakey, because it has more quality than we are seeing.  And surely, at least a little more depth?

I hope this is the time he feels he can make a change or two.

15 hours ago, MPH said:

We had one shot on target all game lol

To be fair, we created the more clear cut chances. West Brom's aimless tactic of whack it to Rondon saw a few long rangers at goal. 

We always looked like we had more skill and quality yesterday. Some of West Brom players are absolutely awful to watch - Yacob in particular, just there to simply be nasty.

Was also good to hear there is still some life in our away ends....just about mind

West Brom are very sound defensively, their issue in the past few fixtures has been their attacking impetus - or lack thereof. Only one win in their last eight, scoreless in all the other seven. Rondon has gone off the boil, not scored in 16 (?) matches prior to yesterday's game and it all felt a bit contrived from the home side.

We played the better football, but found it hard to break down a resilient West Brom defense. Then again, our back four was also very solid and I really like Benalouane next to Huth.

Still, the German Oak had a few moments where he clashed with Rondon mostly and could've seen a card and a penalty given against us for nudging the Brom player in our box.

He does those little nasty things that luckily still get unnoticed, but he needs to be careful as he's walking on thin ice.

The result is probably the best part of it all. Great to see we're virtually safe from relegation. One more win and we can already start planning ahead for next season.

Archived