Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Safe!

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Said at the start of the season 8th but reckon we'll finish 9th with 47pts.

Would like to finish 9th or higher just to be above Chelsea's finish of 10th as champions least season, would quash all the bollocks about being the worst champions ever, etc.

The last 2 months of form and the champions league run has ended a lot of that talk.

Leeds 1993 and Blackburn 1996 still rate lower than us for many I would say.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Said at the start of the season 8th but reckon we'll finish 9th with 47pts.

Would like to finish 9th or higher just to be above Chelsea's finish of 10th as champions least season, would quash all the bollocks about being the worst champions ever, etc.

If we finish 8th it would equal 99/00 and would still be our joint second highest finish for 53 years. Would actually be a very good position in the context of the club's history.

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

If we finish 8th it would equal 99/00 and would still be our joint second highest finish for 53 years. Would actually be a very good position in the context of the club's history.

Cant see that given the two games against citeh and Spurs. Top ten would be about the best we can hope for. 

Now we can start prepping for next season. If Manchester United win tomorrow, it's 100% confirmed and we can start to change things around a tad.

I think Gray needs and deserves some game time, and Kapustka can be tried to see if he can be a prospect for next season should we lose Mahrez. His was always going to be a long term transfer, eased gently and gradually into the team. We then need to start looking at defensive cover for next season as Morgan and Huth will be another year older and closer to retirement, possibly going in seriously for Mbodji over the summer as well as putting in cheeky bids for the likes of Keane and Gibson once Boro's relegation has been confirmed.

If we spend wisely, unlike last summer, there is no reason at all why we can't challenge for a Europa League berth and/or enjoy a decent cup run, especially with no European football to contend with next season.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Cant see that given the two games against citeh and Spurs. Top ten would be about the best we can hope for. 

That match against Spurs is our CL final / PL title clincher / Super Bowl / Championship match now. 

We will be up for the fight.

4 hours ago, 4fuxsake said:

Let's take a moment of pause for our neighbors Forest, who next week could be in League 1.

I've just visited their forum - there's a meltdown already, can't imagine what will happen if they'll get relegated...

And they fear this falling can continue further. Hope they'll enjoy Northampton Town away.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

No it isn't.

Swansea won't overturn a gap of 18 goal difference (at least) should they lose. It would need them to win all their games by 3 goals and us to lose all ours by at least 2 and one of them by 3.

Which is as good as sealed.

3 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Would be a remarkable end of the season if we get 8th to go along with a Champions League QF.  

From the brink of absolute disaster to a perfect platform to build for next season. :scarf:

Errrmmm. We had the perfect platform this season....well so I thought..:blink:

9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Swansea won't overturn a gap of 18 goal difference (at least) should they lose. It would need them to win all their games by 3 goals and us to lose all ours by at least 2 and one of them by 3.

Absolutely ... but I also agree with the feeling of no slacking off now, there are still 12 points for the taking and I'd love to see this squad go into the summer having taken; at very least, half of those! ... being really greedy let's start out wanting all 12!

11 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

So you agree with me then that we're not 100% safe?

11 hours ago, worthosoriginals said:

It's done, dusted it's set in stone,  we are safe. 

If I'm wrong hunt me down.

So basically take yer doom n gloom 

And shove it.

You have the wrong end of the stick, no gloom here, I was just pointing out that we're not 100% safe if Swansea lose today.

That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

I tend to be on the pessimistic side when it comes to football, but even I would be happy enough saying we're safe now. 

I said at the the start of the season on here that if we could finish in the top half and qualify for the last 16 of the CL it would be a good season. Turns out we got further in the CL and I still think we'll finish in the top half. In the context of our clubs history that is incredible and I for one would be over the moon with that. 

I think in in many ways this upcoming summer is more important even than last summers. Get it right and I see no reason why we can't challenge for a top 7 finish and a europa league spot. That being said if we have another summer where the recruitment is questionable/flawed we could begin to look the other way (particularly if we lose players such as Kasper). 

But overall im excited about the summer and can't wait for next season already. 

In all probability we are safe, and whilst it is entirely feesable that Swansea could win all their remaining games (Everton and WBA at home, Sunderland away), it would require us not picking up another point, and some improbably results from Hull (needing 7 points or 6 points and a highly improbably swing) and Palace (who are only two points behind but have United and City away in two of their remaining 3 games). We are all but there. One more point.

Archived