Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Kasper wanted by Man Utd & Man City

10 minutes ago, Moksky said:

Not being too pessimistic here, but do not rule out a move abroad . As it is for any player , I know Kasper wants to play at the highest level which is CL football 

I could see him going abroad but wages might be an issue with some teams. 

6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I could see him going abroad but wages might be an issue with some teams. 

Very true, although He would receive a slice of a signing on fee, which could level out any weekly drop 

1 hour ago, Moksky said:

Very true, although He would receive a slice of a signing on fee, which could level out any weekly drop 

That would sort kasper out but would we get a large enough fee ??  I guess if atletico sell oblak to yanited they could afford a decent wedge for him. 

If the worse-case scenario were to be Schmeichel leaving and the club signing no replacement, and hence leaving Zieler as the main goalkeeper - that would probably mean about 15 points lost in the season tbh.

Someone of Schmeichel's calibre can be seen as preserving a good amount of points, whilst relying on someone like Zieler - who is both seemingly error-prone and also appears to be lacking in confidence - can make the team lose quite a significant amount of points, potentially.

So, although I doubt this'll happen, nevertheless keeping Schmeichel is like trying to keep the best and most valuable gold in the mine etc.

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That would sort kasper out but would we get a large enough fee ??  I guess if atletico sell oblak to yanited they could afford a decent wedge for him. 

You've answered your own question. There are too many teams looking for top goalkeepers for Kasper to be ignored 

2 minutes ago, Micky said:

We wouldn't rely on Zieler. Absolutely no chance. I think you might find Schmeichel staying where he is happy.

Zieler is poor! 

Don't even rate him as a No 2 nevermind a first choice. 

If we lose Schmeichel then I think we'll go for either Pickford or Hart. 

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don't think it will be Atleti as they are very clever in the transfer market. I'd have backed one of the Milan clubs but neither of them are in the CL. You have Sevilla of course though. 

46 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Hart will be coming back to England and play for a Premier League club and that move will mark the beginning of a larger goalkeeper transfer carousel this summer.

Palace I reckon.

Fraser Forster and Jack Butland would probably be seen as a better bet than Kasper, in that they are younger and 'are up and coming', whereas they may think that Kasper has reached his peak. Let's hope that this is what they are thinking and that Kasper stays at the KP!

9 minutes ago, 49er said:

Fraser Forster and Jack Butland would probably be seen as a better bet than Kasper, in that they are younger and 'are up and coming', whereas they may think that Kasper has reached his peak. Let's hope that this is what they are thinking and that Kasper stays at the KP!

Forster is 28? 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Forster is 28? 

Oops, just realised that he's, in fact, 29! Seems like he's only be around for a short while, but that's probably because he has been plying his trade north of the border for most of his career. Southampton always sell shed loads of players each year, so he's likely to be on his way out.

8 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Man City-Edersen

Liverpool-Mignolate

Manchester United-Romero

Chelsea-Courtois

Tottenham-Lloris

Everton-Pickford

Quite a few assumptions there, look I really do hope you're right , but there are teams aboard, plus Arsenal 

5 minutes ago, Moksky said:

Quite a few assumptions there, look I really do hope you're right , but there are teams aboard, plus Arsenal 

I know you get inside info, is this based on anything or are you just speculating?

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If the worse-case scenario were to be Schmeichel leaving and the club signing no replacement, and hence leaving Zieler as the main goalkeeper - that would probably mean about 15 points lost in the season tbh.

Someone of Schmeichel's calibre can be seen as preserving a good amount of points, whilst relying on someone like Zieler - who is both seemingly error-prone and also appears to be lacking in confidence - can make the team lose quite a significant amount of points, potentially.

So, although I doubt this'll happen, nevertheless keeping Schmeichel is like trying to keep the best and most valuable gold in the mine etc.

15 points lost would mean we need 55 to stay up.. We need to get some wins under our belts early doors.

Archived