Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Kasper wanted by Man Utd & Man City

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

On the one hand, it's his boyhood club, he's obviously got links through his dad, he's from the area and - on paper - swapping Leicester for Man Utd is a no brainer.

On the other hand, and maybe this is wishful thinking, he's always hated the comparisons to his dad and has said he wants to be known for his own merits not his dad's. He's a core part of one of the most 'together' squads in the UK (/Europe?), loves the club and is making a name for himself here, much in the same way that his dad did at Utd.

If we keep Shakey and the majority of the squad remain through the summer, with a positive future ahead of us he may well want to see it out here.

He's a very intelligent lad, very well spoken, and I don't think he'll be swayed at all by the extra money he'll get elsewhere. Perhaps Champions League football, but I think he might see it as a bigger achievement to get into the CL with Leicester again rather than helping another club to get past the groups.

If Man U come in for him, it will probably be a decision purely based on sentiment, and I don't think anyone could complain about his decision either way. Similar story if someone like Real/Barca came in for him.

I'd be disappointed if he went to anyone else. But again, he's been such a loyal servant to us and absolutely key to our successes in recent years that I could have no ill feeling towards him whatsoever.

Spoken like a true fan.

If offered the choice of moving to a huge club with a big salary increase and a genuine opportunity of winning trophies year in year out then it's a no brainer. I can see why Vardy stayed last year as Arsenal didn't suit his style and Leicester could have gone on to be anything.

Now it looks like we have run our race and will settle as a 7th-10th placed club over the next year or two so what player of ours wouldn't move to a big club for first team football given the opportunity?

In response to Thracian, the evidence is varied

kante was allowed to go to Chelsea. His release clause was 20m to a CL club. Given that Chelsea weren't CL, we used shanghai's 35m offer to drag 32m out of Chelsea. We could have said no and run the risk that one of citeh,Arsenal, Spurs or a foreign CL qualifier would have jumped in. in retrospect, citeh started the season so well that they wouldn't. Spurs didn't have room and Arsenal had bought xhaka. so we could have played poker and won but ended up with a seriously pissed off player. 

Riyad wasn't allowed to leave. 

steve Walsh was allowed to leave. Would he have resigned had we refused to allow him to go? Probably.

if a player really wants to leave then the evidence is that we would probably allow it if we feel that we can get in an adequate replacement. Hopefully the new contracts mean we can demand top dollar. 

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Spoken like a true fan.

If offered the choice of moving to a huge club with a big salary increase and a genuine opportunity of winning trophies year in year out then it's a no brainer. I can see why Vardy stayed last year as Arsenal didn't suit his style and Leicester could have gone on to be anything.

Now it looks like we have run our race and will settle as a 7th-10th placed club over the next year or two so what player of ours wouldn't move to a big club for first team football given the opportunity?

I'm not sure the experience of this season won't serve us wonderfully well for the very near future if people have a little patience. And I see no reason we shouldn't properly compete for all the silverware on offer to us next season if we show ourselves ambitious enough - and that will be a first for us in recent years.

And if we're successful on any level - Premiership top four, FA Cup winners or League Cup winners - that might finally convince us that we can finally compete indefinitely and with all the style that has mirrored our wonderful club at its best on all sorts of one-off occasions and even quite consistently these recent seasons.

For me our biggest challenge has never been about finding good players or spending our money wisely, it's been about believing in ourselves as we've believed so many times these last few seasons and threatened to believe even in the days of MON if he'd had the unbending single-mindedness and inner belief in himself to build on the considerable foundations he'd laid.    

But Shaky's stuck in there through all the ups and downs of recent seasons - and our owners have been as brilliantly supportive as their word always promised. Now we've reached a crossroads. Either we accept the disappointment of an outwardly underperforming season in terms of The Premiership and domestic cup competitons but the benefits of our marvellous Champions League experience and learn all the lessons on offer to our own advantage. Or we feel sorry for ourselves, go all negative and take the sort of steps backward we may never catch up from ever again.

I know what I'd prefer and believe that Shaky-and-friends can be the catalyst.         

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In response to Thracian, the evidence is varied

kante was allowed to go to Chelsea. His release clause was 20m to a CL club. Given that Chelsea weren't CL, we used shanghai's 35m offer to drag 32m out of Chelsea. We could have said no and run the risk that one of citeh,Arsenal, Spurs or a foreign CL qualifier would have jumped in. in retrospect, citeh started the season so well that they wouldn't. Spurs didn't have room and Arsenal had bought xhaka. so we could have played poker and won but ended up with a seriously pissed off player. 

Riyad wasn't allowed to leave. 

steve Walsh was allowed to leave. Would he have resigned had we refused to allow him to go? Probably.

if a player really wants to leave then the evidence is that we would probably allow it if we feel that we can get in an adequate replacement. Hopefully the new contracts mean we can demand top dollar. 

But "top dollar" means damn all without the right replacement. That's the key to selling. And we waited over half a season for anyone even comparable with Kante's standard.   

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Something between £5million and £10million plus Joe Hart would be lovely.

Pants well and truly pulled down.

Here, have our unwanted GK who we can't get rid as the teams that can afford him don't want him and the ones that do can't afford him. Here's £5m, get yourself something nice and we'll have your brilliant GK.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Pants well and truly pulled down.

Here, have our unwanted GK who we can't get rid as the teams that can afford him don't want him and the ones that do can't afford him. Here's £5m, get yourself something nice and we'll have your brilliant GK.

Give him away for free imo

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Give him away for free imo

I think Hart can be picked up cheap, he's on £120k a week and is completely unwanted at Man City. They had to supplement his wages to get him to go to Torino on loan. If no one is interested in him this summer then he's just a financial burden rather than an asset. 

I'd be wanting a minimum of £20m additional for a Kasper/Hart swap. For Man City's point of view it would kill two birds with one stone and great business if they can land their target GK and offload Hart in the same deal for a few million extra quid.

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

What sort of fee would we get?

If Rudkin has got anything to do with it, not as much as some may think.

Just now, Gerard said:

I think Hart can be picked up cheap, he's on £120k a week and is completely unwanted at Man City. They had to supplement his wages to get him to go to Torino on loan. If no one is interested in him this summer then he's just a financial burden rather than an asset. 

I'd be wanting a minimum of £20m additional for a Kasper/Hart swap. For Man City's point of view it would kill two birds with one stone and great business if they can land their target GK and offload Hart in the same deal for a few million extra quid.

I'll admit I did think Hart was younger on my initial post but was wrong. I have no intentions of selling Kasper - I think he has improved so much that he's now in the next bracket of PL goalkeeper (not  the very best ie De Gae, Lloris but the bracket after). I used to be so critical of Kasper - I'll admit  that - but he's impressed me for the past two years now. Sadly at 30 but goalkeepers can be in their prime around this age.

I don't rate Zieler at all and Hamer is ok as back up but if we could pick up Hart cheaply then I'd have a go. I think having Kasper and Hart would be great but I can't see either wanting to play a number two role. 

Kasper has it made here, number one, well paid and liked, leaving for Man City or United would mean him having to keep a manager who is under pressure to deliver the league happy or end up bench warming, in the end though it is down to what Kasper wants to achieve when he is at his prime.

Pickford might be a good shout if he leaves, highly rated young keeper who has a taste for the Prem.

Just now, Fox92 said:

I'll admit I did think Hart was younger on my initial post but was wrong. I have no intentions of selling Kasper - I think he has improved so much that he's now in the next bracket of PL goalkeeper (not  the very best ie De Gae, Lloris but the bracket after). I used to be so critical of Kasper - I'll admit  that - but he's impressed me for the past two years now. Sadly at 30 but goalkeepers can be in their prime around this age.

I don't rate Zieler at all and Hamer is ok as back up but if we could pick up Hart cheaply then I'd have a go. I think having Kasper and Hart would be great but I can't see either wanting to play a number two role. 

Well there's no way we'd have Kasper and Hart at the club at the same time but everything else I pretty much agree with.

Zieler is a lot poorer than I expected him to be but is an adequate No2 and no more than that. Hamer as No3 is fine, I think all you want from your No3 GK is that he is happy to play that role, cheap wages and probably about League One standard. Ideally though your No3 is a young GK who fits that criteria and doubles up as the U23 GK.

In a perfect world though we don't get an offer for Kasper but if it's about the £30m mark from a title chasing club then he will leave IMO.

Why do Man City want him? They sacrificed a good keeper for Bravo who passes the ball out? 

How many times have we ever seen Kasper pass it out from the back? And he'd continuously be under pressure of being dropped if Pep changes his mind or something 

Man U i dont think he'd go to, he always said he hates people comparing to his Dad, unless they sell De Gea i don't see him even considering going 

Whilst here he's deputy captain, adored by the fans and is undoubted number 1 on a decent wage

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Kasper and believe when you factor in his leadership, defensive organisation and all round presence he is one of the best keepers in the world right now.

However....

There are some quite big weaknesses to his game which I think could put off the top clubs. Especially with the stats driven style of scouting clubs use now.

He is very average at dealing with crosses and his distribution is inconsistent. Personally I think the likes of city and united might want a keeper who ticks those kind of boxes. But we will wait and see.

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Kasper and believe when you factor in his leadership, defensive organisation and all round presence he is one of the best keepers in the world right now.

However....

There are some quite big weaknesses to his game which I think could put off the top clubs. Especially with the stats driven style of scouting clubs use now.

He is very average at dealing with crosses and his distribution is inconsistent. Personally I think the likes of city and united might want a keeper who ticks those kind of boxes. But we will wait and see.

I'm surprised at that, his coming for crosses was a weakness a couple of seasons a go but that had dramatically improved. I can't even remember the last time when he made an error from a cross by either not coming or not catching.

I also think he's excellent with his feet and could easily adapt to playing it out short. There's loads of times when he's played a lovely 30-40 yard pass to a full back in space. Admittedly a lot of his long kicks don't go directly where you want them to but what do you expect from a 60 yard punt?

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

However....

I'd sincerely hope you're right. Put a few more faults on top and send a circular to any "top club" you think might be interested in our Kasper and make it as convincing as you can. Perhaps you could launch a series of "Kasper is Crap" petitions and get each set of those "top club" fans to circulate it to their club's management. Whatever works. I, for one, will happily cope with the problems of putting up with such an iffy keeper for a while longer!    

Archived