Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Kasper wanted by Man Utd & Man City

so basically all the rumours have stemmed from Kasper supposedly changing his agent to Slim's agent, and supposedly this agent has connections to utd because he once brokered 2 transfers there. riiiiiight

looking at twitter, utd fans are generally disgusted to be even linked with kasper.

Heaton, Butland, Pickford......... there are some really good keepers out there.

My preferred choice would be, he stays but if he wants out then keeping an unhappy GK would be suicide

Hopefully it's his agent wanting the owners to review his contract.

I'm sure it was on here that he and Drinkwater were unhappy about the salary increase compared to Mahrez and Vardy.

1 minute ago, Chico1958 said:

I'm sure it was on here that he and Drinkwater were unhappy about the salary increase compared to Mahrez and Vardy.

They both drove a hard bargain when negotiating their new contracts but eventually ended up with near enough top tier pay at 90k+

3 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Heaton, Butland, Pickford......... there are some really good keepers out there.

My preferred choice would be, he stays but if he wants out then keeping an unhappy GK would be suicide

Hopefully it's his agent wanting the owners to review his contract.

Didn't kasper and drinky sign their new contracts after Riyad?  Was certainly after vards. 

Let's also hope that

1) United don't qualify for CL (I think Kasper would be slightly tempted by CL, not by EL though)

2) Mourinho stays (surely he's got to have quite a shocking reputation among players now after his public player-blaming remarks)

1 hour ago, brucey said:

so basically all the rumours have stemmed from Kasper supposedly changing his agent to Slim's agent, and supposedly this agent has connections to utd because he once brokered 2 transfers there. riiiiiight

looking at twitter, utd fans are generally disgusted to be even linked with kasper.

United "fans" on social media are the biggest morons on the internet.

I dont think anyone would begrudge him a move to a top team but will a top team come in for him?

Man United won't unless they sell De Gea ( kasper will NOT be anyone's no2)

Man City going for him would be the exact opposite of their current policy and the main reason for getting rid of Hart - they want a ball playing GK.,

Spurs have in my opinion have a great keeper and id be surprised if they bought in Kasper to replace him..

Chelsea have Courtois. Love kasper but hes not  better than Courtois.

Liverpool have said they are not in the market for a keeper this summer

Arsenal cant offer him CL football and one area they seem to have 3 decent talents is GK

No one else can even remotely be called a top team in England, can they?

So it then begs the question.. are their any teams in Europe who would want him?

I'd sell Schmeichel only if the club has a same-quality replacement lined up in advance to purchase. Have no real faith in Zieler long-term unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

can we stop mentioning hamer. It turns out the guy is pants and we can't give him away.

Unsure how he is still here. It still makes me laugh he got a game in the champions league. He'll be off for a few quid if we're lucky.

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

I'm surprised at that, his coming for crosses was a weakness a couple of seasons a go but that had dramatically improved. I can't even remember the last time when he made an error from a cross by either not coming or not catching.

I also think he's excellent with his feet and could easily adapt to playing it out short. There's loads of times when he's played a lovely 30-40 yard pass to a full back in space. Admittedly a lot of his long kicks don't go directly where you want them to but what do you expect from a 60 yard punt?

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

I'd sincerely hope you're right. Put a few more faults on top and send a circular to any "top club" you think might be interested in our Kasper and make it as convincing as you can. Perhaps you could launch a series of "Kasper is Crap" petitions and get each set of those "top club" fans to circulate it to their club's management. Whatever works. I, for one, will happily cope with the problems of putting up with such an iffy keeper for a while longer!    

Please don't get me wrong fellas I'm not critising him at all. Best keeper I have ever seen at city I am just not convinced a really big club would want to take the plunge I'm not sure he is considered in that top 10 elite keepers that man city and united would probably be aspiring for. I could be wrong I could see him going to a slightly lesser club like Liverpool but hopfully we can say no to someone like Liverpool I don't think we could to united. if he left it would be devastating.

With regards to crosses we I take your point with regards to blantant errors I just don't think he is particularly commanding when comparing him to other top class keepers I remember reading a while back that we had conceeded the 2nd most goals in the league from corners now obviously they weren't all Kasper's fault but I don't think that's a coincidence.

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Moving to Man Utd in his dad's footsteps would be a dream for Kasper. He'd leave with all the blessing and goodwill we could ever give him. He's been a sensational player for us.

Not sure it would Col. Hes already said he hates the like his dad comments.

He's said he wants to be known for being Kasper not Peters son.

All he will ever get at utd is like his dad or great but not as good as his dad.

Hope he doesn't go anywhere, my favourite player. I'll be gutted if he goes.

Buffon is still the record transfer for a goalkeeper at £35m I think - I genuinely believe we should be looking for a fee in that region if he does go. Our most important player IMHO. 

6 hours ago, Moksky said:

De Gea is definately off, spoke to a friend who is well connected to United hierachy.

Intererstingly enough, the feeling at United is that many dont think Kapser is good enough

I read an article last year about Kasper and how the top clubs don't regard him as being tall enough for them. Don't know how true that is but if the Manchester clubs come calling he'll leave, in fact doesn't he commute from Manchester. Personally won't begrudge him a move as long as we get 30M+

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

I read an article last year about Kasper and how the top clubs don't regard him as being tall enough for them. Don't know how true that is but if the Manchester clubs come calling he'll leave, in fact doesn't he commute from Manchester. Personally won't begrudge him a move as long as we get 30M+

And his height MIGHT be the reason why he has a reputation of not being very good with crosses...

Got to give Mike Stowell a bit of credit here

Kasper was pretty raw when he arrived and now he's one of the top 10 in the world. The goalkeeping coach has to be at least partly responsible.

Archived